Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-20-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Well, we've sure had a busy week, both tidying up some odds and ends with the newest release, and getting things rolling on what's next! However, all good things must come to an end, and as such, so has this week. It's Friday, and it's time for another feedback topic!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Here's a very broad question. If you could change ANY ONE THING (and just ONE thing) about your school of magic, what would it be?

It can be anything from "I wish my school colors were pink and purple instead of blue and yellow" to "I wish my class started with more hitpoints" to "I wish my Fire Dragon spell did more damage", but please pick ONE thing, and please keep the discussion constructive and kind to others.

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Nov 11, 2008
The only thing I can think to change to the school life is making life do more damage on all its attacking spells. :)
-Thanks!

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
My school of magic is Life. The life school seems to revole around healing (duh) but it's few attack spells do almost nothing compared to other schools! I think life should keep it's great healing spells, but up the power on thier attack spells!

~Miranda Rainflower~

Life is the power to contiune, Life is contolled, Life is gracious. Life is Power

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Medusa's stun ability seems almost useless because anything she can't kill off directly, she generally can't stun. i would like her ability to be somehow beneficial in boss battles, such as instead of stunning enemies for 2 turns, she could give them two (2) -55% black mantles, perhaps? -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I am glad Prof Falmea that you started this post.

There are many things i want to be changed for fire school. But since we have to mention one thing, it will be to re arrange the damage caused by fire dragon. The first round should be less may be just 50 hit point and the next three rounds can have more damage with total damage of atleast 950 base hit points so that fire shields can be removed in the first round of attack.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Well, i actually wish fire dragon was like this:

Pips: 7
Accuracy: 75
Does 520 Damage To All Enemies + 330 Over 3 Rounds

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Storm: I wish storm had a DOT attack!
Fire: I can't think of anything wrong with fire!
Ice: Just wish Ice Armor or Frozen armor included our resists or could not be removed by earthquake, pierce, or steal ward!

Death: Wish we had a way to increase accuracy with gear or equipment!
Myth: Can't think of anything I would like ot change with myth!
Life: I wish life had a dot attack!

Balance: I wish our balance attack strength worked with Hydra and Elemental Blast, yes, they change to elements, but it is still a Balance attack!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
The one thing I would change about the Fire school is.. I would add more dragon spells.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
If I could change one thing about my particular school:

It would be to have myth with high universal resist gear. (New wintertusk universal gear doesn't count as its for every school :p)

reason:
As a school that relies on minions to aid in the fighting, I'm usually in the front taking the damage before the summoning. If I'm going to be summoning minions, I have to be able to take the big hits. If I can't last the hits to summon, what good are my minions to me if I cant support myself to make good use of them? This is why I play my myth like an ice and try to grab the best resist this game will allow.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
If there was ONE thing I"d like to change, it'd be the snow angel. I mean, why a DOT? WHen we finally hit level 58 and get that spell, when we try to do a one-hit kill with it, it's hard cause you only have 100 to start with and you can't use the traps like that and traps are half of a attacks damage boost. the damage is still good but plz KI change it to something like 670-730 damage plus taunt which I'm fine with. And while I'm on the topic of snowangel, can you plz change it's animation so tat it does the boosts then raises the lantern? It would make the spell look a lot better.

Thx :)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
Me being a Balance wizard i would say I would change the (eh not sure what word to use so i will say) popularity of the school. What i mean by that is, There is no balance tower, there is no balance symbol in the WC or KT library and in ravenwood where all the school symbols are, balance isnt in the middle( yes i know we have a entire school in KT). Imo Balance is not that well known throught the spiral. So defeninently the popularity.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
My school is Myth and the one thing i want to change is hmmm OH i cant decide between two things! well i must just say the two and i think double attacks should be normal attacks and Shatter changed to 4 pips and remove all shields from ALL enemies i would be glad to pay the extra pip for it

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I think level 58 snow angel needs work. taunt is useful but compared to skeletal dragon it seems like some type of cheap knock off.(main part at the bottom)

almost all of the ice spells are missing something to make them unique.
myth attacks twice
fire does damage over time
life and its healing
death can do it's draining thing
balance is very... well balanced
storm and its massive attacks
but ice always seems to copy one of there spells and make it weaker and have better accuracy or something.

heres and example
frost giant
Pip Cost: 7
Accuracy: 80%
Description: Deals 475 and Stun to all enemies while...

storm lord
Pip Cost: 7
Accuracy: 70%
Description: Deal 690 and Stun to all enemies
only diffrence is its accuracy and damage and when storm lord dosent fizz it makes frost giant look sad.

so when you look at it the only thing that will make ice wizards seem diffrent is they're taunt. And it seemed kind of backwards when rebirth gave out shields when i thought ice had the whole defence thing covered.

Main Part

so in conclusion snow angel should have an ability to sheild each of your friends with a special kind of sheilds that when your attacked the damage is cut in half and half goes back to your opponet and you take no damage and the sheild breaks. you know something diffrent

i am also aware that ice can take damage for their friends and act as an shield.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
My favorite school is myth, so I guess I would start with that one. The one thing I would like to see is a better multi-attack spell. I barely use earthquake, because if I am working with a team it takes out their traps, so it has become useless for me. Frog is nice, but you have to lay down a ton of traps to get the impact that you need to do enough damage. As the bosses and mobs become more challenging, it would be nice to see a better multi-attack spell.

For my death, my second favorite, the only thing that I can think of is minions casting doom and gloom, if they are still doing that since the upgrade (don't use them much). I don't think it is necessary for them to use that spell.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Awesome question Professor Falmea! My school is Balance, so my idea of improvement would be: Giving it a little more power against the Spirit monsters. (i.e. Death, Life, Myth) Plus I think we need a little more power against other Balance monsters.

Cya in the Spiral,

Seth B.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
i would like to have the ability to summon a minion free of charge ( of my school ofcourse)

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
For Myth, we need an attack spell that isn't two part! it is so hard to boost myth because it takes two traps. And trying to prism up against a myth enemy is horrible.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
For Life, My favorite school, I would like the ability to use gargantuan on healing spells, and a means to boost blades for a little bit more damage.

For Myth, I believe the first hit of a double hit should not remove the traps.

Balance...More spiritual attacks. As a balance wizard I have elemental attacks with spectral blast and hydra but nothing that does spirit damage.

Ice...Of course I would say more damage, but i know that is not what ice is about. I do think Ice Armor should block all attacks, and unaffected by earthquake and steal wards.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I think every school should have access to the Healing Hands spell. My myth wizard is fun, but he has no healing other than Pixies, and a Satyr from gear.

When I use my balance wizard, I pal with a myth wizard, and I find myself casting Healing Hands on her quite a bit, since she only has pixie and sprite. Now, of course, i can cast Availing Hands, which is just a fantastic new spell for my arsenal.

For Balance, my wish is a DOT spell, because I just love DOT spells.

My fire wizard is looking for universal 73% resistance to all attacks. :P

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Well the only thing i can think of for Myth is that I was highly dissappointed that the shatter did not go to all enemies. I assumed it would be like the stun spells in myth - the first is to one enemy, the second is to all. We already have a pierce for one enemy, it just does one at a time. Shatter does come in handy against balance tho. 8)

Hero
May 02, 2009
Ooh, tough question.
If I could change one thing about fire, I would probably add an extra minion (a sword wielding draconain minion to be exact).
The minion we have now is good, but maybe the extra minion could be the offensive minion and the fire elemental could be the all-around minion.

That or give fire elemental more spells (i.e. meteor strike, natural attack, sunbird, fuel) and have him use the spells he had before more (i.e. fireblade, fire trap, fire shield, fire elf).

Again tough decision, but if I had to pick from these 2, I'd probably choose the latter (i.e. giving fire elemental more attacks and having him use his old spells more).

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Balance: I'm sorry, but I have two:

The ability to control what element spectral blast uses.

Or, more importantly, a prism to convert balance attacks into a random spiritual attack since balance enemies are weak to spiritual attacks. If this bothers PvP'ers, make PvE convert to random spiritual in PvE and do not allow it in PvP.

Fire/Storm: I can't really complain about either of these. A little more generic resist would be nice?

Death: I would really like to stop hurting myself :-(

Myth and minions in general: I would like to be able to control what they do.

All schools in general: X spells - I like how they are small clean up spells as well as a big stick to hit hard, but I wish I could control how many pips I use per spell.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Like others, I have more than one character, so I'll say one thing for each.

For Myth. Using minions should be easier/more convenient. This is the one thing that has always bothered me about Myth, because I was initially drawn to this unique aspect of the Myth school. Summoning minions in early levels can be helpful. At level 2, having the Golem minion was like having a second player join the battle for a couple of rounds. However, by the time I got the cyclops minions and all of the minion enhancing spell they turned out to be more trouble than they were worth. Some might argue that using minions at higher levels just requires more strategy and makes the game more challenging. However, it seems to me that the purpose of a minion is to help and serve, not to handicap. If I am using a minion, I'm not using it because I want to make the battle more difficult for myself. If I do choose to use a minion like minotaur, or cyclops with 4 pips, not only is it like missing a turn and loosing pips (which can be deadly in places like Celestia and Wintertusk) I also have to wait a few more rounds before the cyclops can do anything useful, or for the minotaur to set up traps and then taunt the enemies, etc. (assuming that they actually do these things). I always end up feeling I would have been better off without the minion, and that using one is often more burdensome than helpful. Maybe minions should come into play with the same amount of pips as were spent on them or cast a spell automatically the same turn that they are played (Maybe it's always the same spell, so that the minions usefulness is more immediate and predictable on the first turn).

Life: I've always wished Spirit Armor was a better spell. It should absorb significantly more damage or cost less to cast. Its one of those spells that I really want to use because I think the idea behind it is cool, but it always seems impractical. when I can heal myself (or others) with the fairy for 420 for only 2 pips.

Balance: I'd like to see a spirit attack spell (or spells) We have the traps and blades.