Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skabrok too hard?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 06, 2010
I cant seem to beat skabrok. He starts with seven pips, can critical, and knows Triton and storm lord. Plus, I cant have anyone help. I'm thinking to use the same method that i used with the efreet boss. (also, i dont have crowns to hire henchmen).

ps, nobody better insult me for saying this, cause i am a lvl 60

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Merely stating your level, even though it is the current cap is not a basis to deflect/deter "insult." Not having the option of henchmen is no reason for you not to be able to defeat a boss that many others have. I suggest checking the fansites, to avoid the generic spoiler message from KI. What have you tried in the past that doesn't work or worked some, can you expand upon that try something different? Remember dispels, shields, etc.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You don't need a henchman to defeat him. A very basic strategy for me was the following:

Get a convert on his minion as soon as possible
Blade up while waiting on pips for Dragon
Dragon AOE (should remove his minion)
Blade again if Efreet is in your current hand or Glacier Shield while waiting for Efreet
Feint
Efreet

I didn't heal at all during that fight. It really was a race to see which one of us would destroy the other more quickly. If you don't have Feint you will need to double stack blades, but the key is to defeat Skabrok with only a single Dragon and a single Efreet (at least for me). The rest is luck of the cards (this is one of the harder encounters I had of all the lvl 55 spell bosses I fought).

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
wait are you talking about the dude in one of the wintertusk areas that looks like a huge grendel? does everybody have to be them for their new spell? well i am life and he was fairly easy for me. i used no minon or henchmen. i buffed up with blades and traps and used forest lord alot. if you have enough blades and traps then the first forest lord you cast will kill the minon. one thing to remember is wear storm crital block rating. now buff up and use centaur. remeber to heal in between hits. now i was lucky with crital. that is pretty much all the advice i can give you. the reward is a upgraded version of guilding light. it still does do 30 percant to next healing spell but this time its to all friends. good luck getting your spell!!!!!!!

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
well, thanks for your help, i went back and got lucky. He must have criticalled more the first couple battles i did with him. I also found that my minion helped a lot by attacking the boss's minion so i could focus on the boss, and use efreet instead of dragon so that i could get the weaknesses on him.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
My legend Life, Ice, and balance had no problem defeating him, Unfortantly i am doing the same thing that i did with my other legends on my Legend Myth and He kills me after 3 rounds, Critical Kill that is. I can't defeat him on my myth. and it sucks.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
FireGod299 wrote:
I cant seem to beat skabrok. He starts with seven pips, can critical, and knows Triton and storm lord. Plus, I cant have anyone help. I'm thinking to use the same method that i used with the efreet boss. (also, i dont have crowns to hire henchmen).

ps, nobody better insult me for saying this, cause i am a lvl 60

It's very easy, at least it was for me.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
You should have posted your school so i can probably assess your situation or other people's situation.

First of all, I've faced skabrok recently. He's tough i know. First try i died. Because i had no idea what kind of boss he would have been. The quest is designed for lvl 55+, be grateful that he does not leviathan you.

He was kind of easy in my second try. For death summon out a minion using animate and take out the raider QUICKLY.

I dont know strategies for other schools because my main is death.

You should also try to buy treasure cards. I bought like 10 storm shields from Argelston's libray. Helped me a lot!

Before shielding you should also think about your opponent. Shield once or twice when you have a feeling that your opponent will attack the next round.
Always think one step ahead of your opponent!

Good luck, SupaFreak12

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Made it on my second try (I am storm, so he is tougher).

Stack of blades (balance, storm, elemental, amplify), prism (storm to myth), stack of traps (storm, elemental, feint).

Blew his darkwind with sanctuary (I'd use whatever ring you have to get rid of it).

In between stacking, shields, buff, smack the minion.

Leviathan at the end for 15,000 damage.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
Supafreak12 wrote:
You should have posted your school so i can probably assess your situation or other people's situation.

He did post his school, "I'm thinking about using the same method that i used with the efreet boss..." Efreet boss... Fire...

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
On my first try I just had to use orthrus and he would be dead, but I lost connection at the last second and he killed me. I have tried 2 more times but he keeps killing me! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Survivor
May 14, 2009
i think he is to hard on wizard
:P :x Made it on my second try (I am storm, so he is tougher).

Stack of blades (balance, storm, elemental, amplify), prism (storm to myth), stack of traps (storm, elemental, feint).

Blew his darkwind with sanctuary (I'd use whatever ring you have to get rid of it).

In between stacking, shields, buff, smack the minion.

Leviathan at the end for 15,000 damage.