Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Epic Plant

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
For everyone who maxed out their gardening level, their is no real reward for going so far into gardening. It seems like there should be something really amazing to make people want to spend the time and energy. Why cant we have a limit one plant, size extra large, that requires using the medium area spell to grow(single targeting would have no effect)? With the added bonus to gardening, people might be willing to pay crowns, buy energy potions, and buy green thumb packs. If you ask me everyone wins. And if you have any suggestions for what these pets might look like post them here please. Thank you, if you want to see more of my ideas search 5stepstoofar inside message bodies!

This message has been brought to you by Verdandi, Urd, and Skuld. We can see your past, your present, your future, and boy were we let down.
5stepstoofar

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
Defender
Feb 24, 2009
I agree with you, I'm a grandmaster gardener that wants to garden but isn't if we don't get unique advantages of being a grandmaster. Here are my ideas for RANK 10 plants.

Hedge-hog: Wooden pig with a bush on his back kinda like a Chia PetR

Pea-cock: A peacock-looking bush with peas on the ends of the tails.

Bumbleberry bush: a floating bush that looks like a bee and zips around the plot it's on.

Schools Tree: It's your schools tree, only it doesn't have a face and is smaller and would need a special rank 10 gardener only plot for Tree Soil and has the schools symbol circling around it untill the tree hits young.

App-le tree: A small tree about the character's height that uses large soil and has I-Pods growing on the ends,(I just thought this was a funny idea)

Pear-o-kings bush: Like the bread bushes only with playing cards.

Rewards:-(mature) 1,000 gold, random level 48 spell treasure card, dragonblade treasure, balance blade, bladestorm, and a rank 8 mega-snack.

(Elder) 3,000 gold, random mastery amulet, 2 random rank 8-9 mega snacks, 2 level 48-58 gear from malistaire/ celestia bosses( the higher the rank the rarer it is), and very rarely, a sea dragon or school pet if it's a school tree.

P.S. KI this needs to be moved to the Crafting&Gardening forum.

Kenneth Frostwalker

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Hmm.

I say:

Bag O'Tricks: Special Halloween Item, bought from 1,000 crowns: rewards treasure cards, Black Cats, and Mega Snacks in all of its life. Looks like a bag of Halloween Candy, kind of cheesy, I know.

Pot O'Gold: Special St. Patrick's Day item, it looks like a pot with a plant coming out and gold randomly splashing out as an added decoration. Drops Mega-Pet-Snacks, Treasure Cards, and if you're lucky, a Lucky Leprechaun Pet :D! Costs 1,000 Crowns.

Missile-Toe: Special Christmas Item, looks like a toe hanging from a missile-launcher. Drops Mega Snacks, Christmas Elves, and Frostmen, costing a total of 2,000 crowns.

Hearty Greens: Special Valentine's Day Item, looks like a slew of garden vegetables each holding boxes of Valentine chocolates. Rewards Cupigs and Valentine Pigs, including Treasure Cards, costing 1,500 Crowns.

Spring Rockers: Kind of kiddy, I know, Special April Fool's Item, looks like a bunch of Pet Rocks in a band and rockin' out! (They wear the Rockin' Outfit ) Rewards: Petrock, Mega Snacks. Cost: 2,000 Crowns.

Man-Drake: This one is one of my legendary hits I think :D! It looks like a cross between a Man-and-Drake, kind of like a Draconian. Drops: Draconian Polymorphs and super rarely, Pioneer Dragons.

Tri-Ton: A gigantic heap of algae, seaweed, and kelp to form a huge likeness of a Triton :D! Drops: Triton Treasures, and TONS OF GOLD!!!! :D!!!!!!!!!

Corny Jokesters: This is a bit random, I know, but it's funny :D! Looks like a few pieces of corns in suits, smiling and what not and telling corny and random jokes OUT LOUD :D!!!! Drops Treasure Cards, and very rare reagents.

Pepper-Pipers: A bunch of Satyrs out of a plot pipin' away. Their bodies are made of peppers. Drops Garden Treasures.

Lil' Bart: HAHAHA! This one is extremely funny. It looks like a little bush version of Bartelby but very young :D!!! Drops MANY Rebirths and rarely Treant Pets.

Nightshade: A little flower with Lord Nightshade's face on it. Drops Wraith and Nightshade Treasures.

Grendelweed: Honestly, I can't believe KI hasn't made this yet. A little weed with Grendels popping randomly out. Drops Gold and rarely a Jotun Robe, Hat, Boot, OR Pet.

That's all for now. Good idea! :)

Survivor
May 31, 2010
How about a houseplant? An epic plant that, if taken care of properly, gives you a (rare?) house as it's harvest. The type of house you harvest could depend on what school the plant is from or what you feed it for example. It'd even be funny if lazy plant care gave you a broken down shack .

The possibilities for such a plant are really endless. But I'd hope it would be a rare drop rather then a purchase. I like the possibility that anyone who gets lucky or who works hard enough farming, with a little luck can get it.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
How about this: Contrary Carnations. Different colors offer different prisms and "blocks" (like strangle) with little gold or a whole lot of gold with nothing else (contrary you know).

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Here's some more.

Egg-Plant

Bunnyears of Corn

Dragon-Fruit

Lava-Ender

Cat-Tail

Bush-el of Apples

Palm-Pre-Tree :)

Loan Tree

Gogi-Buries

Rogue-Roses

Crab-Apples

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
These are some great epic plant ideas but what if we could also get garden tools as we level? Like bug zapper or scarecrow for pests. What about sprinkler systems or misters? Some items that can be placed and work a task for a time period like a treasure card. You just put energy into it to activate them.

This could help you manage your garden even when you can't get on or don't get on everyday. And you could save energy to train all the pets you get from these epic plants!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Tragamite wrote:
These are some great epic plant ideas but what if we could also get garden tools as we level? Like bug zapper or scarecrow for pests. What about sprinkler systems or misters? Some items that can be placed and work a task for a time period like a treasure card. You just put energy into it to activate them.

This could help you manage your garden even when you can't get on or don't get on everyday. And you could save energy to train all the pets you get from these epic plants!

That would really be awesome.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I am quite excited to see all the ideas everyone has come up with. I would like to thank everyone for all the support, and give some ideas of my own for the epic plant.

Fairy Fountain
-Extra large plant that likes to give gardening treasures
-Gives plants within a large area around it an increased chance of fairies showing up to help growth
-Looks like a condensed dogfish fountian with fairy statues instead of dogfish

Hydra Snapdragon
-Extra large plant that gives mutate cards, and possibly an epic snack
-Lowers the pest chance of adjacent plants
-Looks like a three-headed snapdragon

Rainbow Dandelion
-Extra large plant that gives rare reagents, and assorted dandelions.
-Although it has high rank pests everyday, pests will ignore all other dandelions in the same area of the house(outside or inside)
-Looks like a giant dadelion in multicolor

This message is brought to you by Leprechaun, I really hope that isn't my money he is throwing.
5stepstoofar

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
And here I am just thinking it'd be nice if they dropped more level 7 and higher rank snacks ;)

I think I got 2 mega snacks the entire time and a bunch of level 2-4 snacks in the time it took me to get to grand master gardener.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
one: i wouldn't get too ridiculous with this idea, we wouldn't want plants that you have to get energy elixir every day for.

two: here is my first idea

giant egg-plant
rank 10+ only, requires large enchanted soil
gets all types of pests
needs are magic, sun, music

a giant purple egg with a couple of clear petals where a pet egg will sometimes come over and dance

Gives: rank 4, 5, and 6 snacks, diamonds, pearls, scales
elder: boiled egg (rank 9 snack, fire, plus ten all stats) golden pearls, sunstone, giant egg-plant seeds, firezilla treasure cards, stormzilla treasure cards.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
random1self wrote:
And here I am just thinking it'd be nice if they dropped more level 7 and higher rank snacks ;)

I think I got 2 mega snacks the entire time and a bunch of level 2-4 snacks in the time it took me to get to grand master gardener.

That'd be a good idea... maybe also rarely, a mysterious new rank 10 snack that levels you up with eating one snack for your pet?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Maya Goldenheart wrote:
How about a houseplant? An epic plant that, if taken care of properly, gives you a (rare?) house as it's harvest. The type of house you harvest could depend on what school the plant is from or what you feed it for example. It'd even be funny if lazy plant care gave you a broken down shack .

The possibilities for such a plant are really endless. But I'd hope it would be a rare drop rather then a purchase. I like the possibility that anyone who gets lucky or who works hard enough farming, with a little luck can get it.

What if your list of houses is full?