Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

water works too long?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Hey, I just want to say that I have done the waterworks over 13 times and still haven't gotten my robe. I have gotten 4 pairs of boots and hats, but no robe. How long does it to get my robe? I am getting really angry at this game can someone make it drop life robes more frequently?

Blaze LionTamer legendary life

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
caleb3118 wrote:
Hey, I just want to say that I have done the waterworks over 13 times and still haven't gotten my robe. I have gotten 4 pairs of boots and hats, but no robe. How long does it to get my robe? I am getting really angry at this game can someone make it drop life robes more frequently?

I got my robe the first time I went through.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Its just chance, its also suppose to be hard to get the robe. I have done it around 15 times and have finally gotten my robe. (just to let you no, the last boss is the only one that gives the robe)

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
I just beat the waterworks and didn't get any of the new equipment for any school, so it doesn't happen easily.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
1 - The No Auction Legendary Waterworks Gear is a POTENTIAL REWARD DROP. These drops are supposed to be RARE.

2 - Every time you have finished the Waterworks you have gotten at least 2 Mega Snacks, one from each boss battle. Now, these could have been small 25 point Crab Apples and Dragonhorned Melons, or they could have been super 50 point Hambrosia and Fancy Yogurt, either way, these are an absolute on you receiving 2 Mega Snacks if you have successfully completed the entire dungeon.

3 - Having run it myself many, many times, I have received back ups of almost all my school pieces. I've got 3 spare Storm hats, 2 spare storm robes, 2 spare Life hats, and 2 spare life boots.

The only way KingsIsle could FAIRLY make it an absolute way of getting the gear pieces would be to have it so you could get out of school No Auction Legendary gear, thus allowing each wizard an even shot at all 21 pieces, with each battle dropping 1 piece. Now, this would be a 1/7 chance of any of the gear being your school, and you would get even more frustrated, getting all the other school gear and still not your missing piece.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I absolutely agree that the instance is too long. While I can appreciate that it is challenging, I find it heartbreaking to keep spending to 70-150 minutes on the instance, depending on how good the group is, just to try and get my boots.

I have now done the instance over 10 times, and still haven't seen my boots drop.

The real problem I have is that this is a game for kids - keep the challenge but lower the time requirment - they have other things to do.

***A fix to this issue would be to allow the gear to drop in other end-game content areas as well. By only allowing the best gear to drop in this one instance, you are mandating that we spend countless hours in the same dungeon with no guarantee of a reward.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
I did it a few times and got the full set. its all in the chance. and i got it from the last boss.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
caleb3118 wrote:

well is easy all you do is fight boss and make it long i got a hat and robe and boots