Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

CL's Ice Monter's use of mutated storm spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
I've recently leveled up both my Balance wizard and Ice wizard to the point they have reached Celestia. I love playing in this area, but it has come to my attention that the ice monsters in the area are overusing mutated storm spells, namely Ice Kraken and Icezilla.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but here it borders on ridiculous. I've found that neither my Ice nor my Balance wizard can take on these monsters alone. Most battles consist of me getting in one attack, healing, healing again, then dying while trying to heal again because these monsters get to use power pips for spells that are way stronger than what they should have. As an added frustration they have storms power with ice's health points.

I'm at a loss as to what to do, because I cannot continue until I beat them, so my suggestion is this:

Take the mutated storm spells away from the ice monsters or lower their health!

I sincerely hope you take this suggestion to heart. There are wizards out there who want to play alone, but this is making that goal impossible.

Thank you! :-D

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
First, this post should be in the Dorms (as in to change existing game play) as this is not a bug or programming issue.

But, I will respond to your post in hopes that it will help.

When my balance wizard started CL I also had much difficulty, specifically with the ice monsters. If possible, team up with some friends or other people and try to level up some. New gear at 52-55 level will really help.

If you are still having trouble, complete GH and get into WT. WT has lots of good XP and the monsters are not quite as tough as CL(still pretty tough though).

If that doesn't work. for your Balacne wiziard, I suggest a simple strategy of stacking your balance deck so you do lots of damage quickly. Spectral Blast plus strong or monsterous equals lots of damage for small cost (4 pips). Don't forget about that helpful mander. He usually sheilds elemental attacks and donates his pips to you and if you have the sacrifce minion spell, a source of instant healing. And, any spell cast at him, is one less spell casted at you (unless its blizzard )

Focus your attacks on one enimy and then heal like crazy when the first one is down. If you can take out one of them, the other usually falls easily. The sun school spells such as strong, monterous and gargantuan help immensly. Also, look to purchase some melt (ice dispel) treasure cards.

Also having a reshuffle or two in your deck means you can keep your deck small and concise without worry of running out of spells.

Once you get RA, the life of a balance wizard becomes much easier.

Hope that helps.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
psychic987 wrote:
I've recently leveled up both my Balance wizard and Ice wizard to the point they have reached Celestia. I love playing in this area, but it has come to my attention that the ice monsters in the area are overusing mutated storm spells, namely Ice Kraken and Icezilla. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but here it borders on ridiculous. I've found that neither my Ice nor my Balance wizard can take on these monsters alone. Most battles consist of me getting in one attack, healing, healing again, then dying while trying to heal again because these monsters get to use power pips for spells that are way stronger than what they should have. As an added frustration they have storms power with ice's health points. I'm at a loss as to what to do, because I cannot continue until I beat them, so my suggestion is this: Take the mutated storm spells away from the ice monsters or lower their health!
until celestia i did most everything solo. there are some parts of it that you just have to swallow your pride and do that. alternative option- if you have to solo because no one is around when you are on, use your ice and tower shields for your ice wizard. for your balance, you have elemental shields. if that's not enough, there is an amulet in the krokotopia amulet shop that gives 3 ice shields. equip that and use less spells in your deck. you'll just keep dying if you keep using up all your pips to heal. best to drastically reduce the damage for zero pips-elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
First, thanks for replying and for your advice! It's good to know, I'm not the only one that thinks things like this sometimes :-)

I want you to know I'm not giving up because of this. Fortunately for me I have access to crowns so I can buy henchmen as a last resort. ;) But there are others out there who can't.

I posted here because I think the monsters are abusing there powers (much how they formerly used weakness too much).

Anyway, thanks for the input! :-D