Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The arena is looking ugly to watch

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I hate how the new stun shields look and don't understand why their appearance changed from being nice to look at to being jagged and a bit disgusting. With all the plagues and curses it feels like its halloween and I am in the morgue. I am still waiting for most players to get the better gear so I can tell how well PvP is or isn't playing, but its appearance just to wath has changed quite a lot.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Don't take this to heart but it sounds like you're running out of stuff to complain about. The look of stun shields? Really?

Historian
May 15, 2009
this proves my point that you pvpers will complain about ANYTHING
the shields look fine
it looks like a real shield one that you would actually wield

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
are you looking for things to complain about? Honestly the look of stun shields?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the shields look fine

Maybe seasnake will try to complain about everything, but that doesnt mean all pvp players complain for stupid reasons. And if all reasons are stupid, then look at darthjt, haven't seen one complaint from him.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
the shields look fine

Maybe seasnake will try to complain about everything, but that doesnt mean all pvp players complain for stupid reasons. And if all reasons are stupid, then look at darthjt, haven't seen one complaint from him.

Umm, is that a compliment? Or a poke?

Since the update, there is not too much to complain about. KI has done an excellent job at fixing most of the problems.

But, if you want me to find a complaint, hmm.... They could fix cloak, so that it is actually invisible to your opponent, instead of just botted out!

And I guess, they could make PvP in a turn base, like chess. Player 1 goes, then Player 2 goes... Would make PvP take a lot longer, but would even it out!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Since the update, there is not too much to complain about. KI has done an excellent job at fixing most of the problems.

But, if you want me to find a complaint, hmm.... They could fix cloak, so that it is actually invisible to your opponent, instead of just botted out!

And I guess, they could make PvP in a turn base, like chess. Player 1 goes, then Player 2 goes... Would make PvP take a lot longer, but would even it out!

How on earth did you pull those words out of my mouth, are you trying to make me look bad? I was just insulted how Thechaosmagician thought that all pvpers complain to get there way. The part with you in it meant you didn't complain at all, and you play pvp. So I was using you as an example. So why did you think that I wanted you too complain?

-Solstice64

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

How on earth did you pull those words out of my mouth, are you trying to make me look bad? I was just insulted how Thechaosmagician thought that all pvpers complain to get there way. The part with you in it meant you didn't complain at all, and you play pvp. So I was using you as an example. So why did you think that I wanted you too complain?

-Solstice64

ya he never complains about anything *cough* old wildbolt *cough* mega snacks *cough* think I'm coming down with something ;) maybe they could but some sparkles on the stun shields for seasnake? Can I get a reply from a moderator on sparkly stun shields plz lol

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

-Solstice64

Solstice64, when you said, "And if all reasons are stupid, then look at darthjt, haven't seen one complaint from him. "

I really was not sure what you meant, or how to take that.

If all reasons are stupid, then look at me? lol honestly, how would you take that? lol

So, I just didn't know if that was a poke, or a compliment. lol

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Solstice64, when you said, "And if all reasons are stupid, then look at darthjt, haven't seen one complaint from him. "

I really was not sure what you meant, or how to take that.

If all reasons are stupid, then look at me? lol honestly, how would you take that? lol

So, I just didn't know if that was a poke, or a compliment. lol

Sorry, I worded that wrong.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I admit i can complain at times but about REAL reasons i mean seriously this complaint is really making me discredit other arguements seasnake uses.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I feel that to make watching a pvp match more exciting is that you should nalmost be part of the duel with the camera angle but instead just be a spewctor not actually participating.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
travisAK wrote:
maybe they could but some sparkles on the stun shields for seasnake? Can I get a reply from a moderator on sparkly stun shields plz lol

Yea yea yea! Lets add SPARKLES!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I hate how the new stun shields look and don't understand why their appearance changed from being nice to look at to being jagged and a bit disgusting. With all the plagues and curses it feels like its halloween and I am in the morgue. I am still waiting for most players to get the better gear so I can tell how well PvP is or isn't playing, but its appearance just to wath has changed quite a lot.

Ok, fun and sprinkles are over, lets really look at what Seasnake was saying/asking.

#1. Yes, the New stun sheild does not look as appealing as the old stun shield, I agree. I'm not even sure that the shape needed to change.

To TravisAK, I won't like the new stun shield sprinkles, if they are going to multi-colored.......

#2, I think a lot of the PvP'er have the gear now, and I have seen a lot of crafted gear. Especially the Level 60 gear as it appears that a lot of players that are in Waterworks, now have these. I have been throught that dungeon about 14 times now, if not more. (just can't get the cloak).

What I have been seeing in PvP is that Ice is having a hard time winning, and is clearly no longer at the top. Storm and Myth are doing very well, with Fire close by. I still see Death doing well, but Storm and Myth are clearly winning most PvP battles in 1v1 and above.
I am seeing a lot of group play, were all the wizards are from the same player with multiple accounts, or a group of close friends that have a pre-defined stratergy.

So PvP is playing the same, a lot more criticals, and different wizards are winning. I will say this, you will have a hard time in PvP, if you don't have level 60 gear mixed with crafted gear and a good pet. Also needed is a solid amount of treasure cards, to win. The days of casting a spell without Gargantuan, several added boost, etc, are over.

btw, I am not going to comment on the Darthjt posting, but what a slam....j/k

Joseph.