Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

my advice on trainig points

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I have never really taken up a "second school" i see really no point in going all the way with a second school cuz in the end your only going to use your school attacks becuz why cast a other school spells that takes 5 pips when you can use power pips and only need 3 to use your own school spell, i found that useing the training points to how you play the game is the best way to get the most out of them. are you looking for pvp or pve, both are the same really but are you more of a hit hard and go all out or a beter safe then sorry type.

if your a hit hard or go home type wizard i would say go death and get the fient spell, then go to CL and get the crit arua spell and the +15% to attack power, then to balance and gain your extra blades and traps, along with sun school and get the +225 ( tell me if the number is wrong) im not sure how mnay train points it will take to make this but if your lvl 60 and you did the zeke quests you should fnd it very easy to get the spells with 1-2 left over
( plz post with comments on this deck or any adds you might think would make it better)

now a better save then sorry deck is made up of ice and life, for ice ice use train points in till tower shield then to life school and get satyr(satyr will very very handy cuz some times healing for 450 dont cut it) tower is a must for it blocks every thing and with the ice school you gain the shield from storm/fire, they are the highest damage spells (not saying there are stronger its just some spells take off more unbuffed) then go to CL and get the fort spell to up your resist to all spells by +15% also get the spell to gain a power pip if attacked by a rank 4 spell or higher ( this is more handy then ppl think) if your not life then i think you should get the poly moon spell of the tree, having a deck of heals for a few turns could save a life or two, also this is up to you i think getting the storm shield from the trainer in the fair ground in wizard city is a good idea(not sure of her name) for storm hits the hardest via no buffs.

Dispels- i see no point in having them unless free but its all up to you

(if you have any questions on where spells locations are or have comments are any thing to add plz feel free to post, and i hope this helps out fellow wizard)

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
sagehyuuga wrote:
I have never really taken up a "second school" i see really no point in going all the way with a second school cuz in the end your only going to use your school attacks becuz why cast a other school spells that takes 5 pips when you can use power pips and only need 3 to use your own school spell, i found that useing the training points to how you play the game is the best way to get the most out of them. are you looking for pvp or pve, both are the same really but are you more of a hit hard and go all out or a beter safe then sorry type. if your a hit hard or go home type wizard i would say go death and get the fient spell, then go to CL and get the crit arua spell and the +15% to attack power, then to balance and gain your extra blades and traps, along with sun school and get the +225 ( tell me if the number is wrong) im not sure how mnay train points it will take to make this but if your lvl 60 and you did the zeke quests you should fnd it very easy
at level 60 you can now have a maximum of 25 training points. death to feint is 7, spirit or elemental blade and trap is 2 more, vengeance and amplify, that's 2 more, and sun boosts up to gargantuan is 4 more. that's 15 training points used, except for death this would be 8 used, and balance this would be 13 used. in any case, you can have up to at least ten left over if going this route. -eli and crew

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Gargantuan is a really good spell to get that adds 200 something, it takes 4 training points to get it. You have to get the smaller ones till you get it. You have to be lvl 60. also I think it's vengance that adds 20 to your critical rating is really good. Many people may think it's not but it helps a lot. For me I have the treant polymorph cause I have no healing spells.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, this was an interesting post, however, with the new mastery amulets, things do change!

You can cast your secondary school with the same pips as your school!

With Legendary Gear, you get Accuracy to all schools, or high pip chance and universal resistance!

Make you wonder!

Now, I agree, everyone should learn Gargantuan!

Death and Balance would do good by learning the 10% accuracy for 4 rounds!

Tower shields from ice is good to learn!
Feints are always nice!

Vengeance helps, so do empowerment!

Polymorphs to me are useless!

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
thanks for the added advice i hope helps a few wizards use the training points wisely, not every one wants to spend a million crowns to get the points back and re do them over and over like i did :) but the crowns does help the game out lol