Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

extremely dumb henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I want my crowns back for my level 50 life henchman purchase. I got defeated just after summoning him and rather than heal me back, he just kept attacking until the enemy was defeated so I didn't get credit for it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
tonym144 wrote:
I want my crowns back for my level 50 life henchman purchase. I got defeated just after summoning him and rather than heal me back, he just kept attacking until the enemy was defeated so I didn't get credit for it.

Oh my...

I just hired a Level 60 Life Henchman in Dragonspyre, and all she did from the first round was "constantly heal me". I had not even been hit for the first 4 rounds, and she used 4 healing spells on me in a row. Then she cast two wands and some traps. Then she started healing me all over again.

I think your Level 50 and my Level 60 need to get together. LOL. :D

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Level 60 life henchman is better but that is still annoying. Thats why i only use level 60 henchmen on my noob wizards. :D

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Anil235 wrote:
Level 60 life henchman is better but that is still annoying. Thats why i only use level 60 henchmen on my noob wizards. :D

Actually, I think the level 30 and 40 life henchmen work best. They don't have access to heavy spells, so they seem to do more healing and pay more attention to the person that hired them than the higher level henchmen do.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
tonym144 wrote:
well, there is no contract or anything that says they will be useful. they are a hit or miss purchase. i've used them a few times and had them be helpful and a few times they just wasted my traps and ruined my battle. i only now use them if i stand absolutely no chance at all without them. if i still lose, well, at least it was worth the shot. -corwin sandstalker

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Once I hired a henchmen and he pretty much killed me! He was lvl 60 storm and he used wild bolt (WHERE DO THEY LEARN THAT!?) and it, instead of him, went kamikaze on.... ME. That was extremely dumb. I hired him with my last crowns in an important boss battle in marleybone and he kills me. And guess what. I was at the bosses last bit of health and then he killed me, used wild bolt again, and killed himself. I AM NEVER EVER HIRING ANOTHER!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
ok this is weird cause whenever i get a henchmen it does a pretty darn good job. it never kills me or kills it self. i always have crowns so whenever i am in a hard battle where im kinda doomed i get a life & a ice henchmen. weird weird weird

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
LOL LOL LOL - I am not laughing at any of you - I just know exactly what you mean!

But etherchaos is right, they are "hit or miss" - they are also unpredictable and can fizz too. I have had my share of useful and "useless" henches. But, they are better than battling alone in some tough situations. Sometimes it just helps having an alternate target for the enemy so I can heal or save for a big hit. I just pay attention to my hench to see if I can boost him, or make the best of what he is about to do. And I don't always pick the obvious hench of choice - for instance, I don't get an ice hench just because a boss is fire. I've used an ice hench before and they unfortunately just seem to taunt a lot. So then I may go with a myth.

As for the enemy hitting you back instead of your hench... I don't know if that's the hench's fault. (This has happened to me before too.) The enemy can just as well hit you instead of a fellow wizard in battle with you.

Henches are hired help - I never expect them to think. So I work with them accordingly.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
chess55 wrote:
ok this is weird cause whenever i get a henchmen it does a pretty darn good job. it never kills me or kills it self. i always have crowns so whenever i am in a hard battle where im kinda doomed i get a life & a ice henchmen. weird weird weird

Can I borrow "your" henchman? :D (just kidding...)

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
i have found that the level 60 life minions heals much better than the level 50. i have used both and know what you are talking about- the 10 extra crowns for the level 60 is worth it- sorry you lost your time & money, it is frustrating.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
tonym144 wrote:

Buyer Beware.