Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Death's Base Damage too low ....

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Death School was given low base damage cards as they healed as death attacks, but with pets casting spritely, fire having link spells that heal and attack as if they were themselves death school, and healing becoming low pip it just seems like death's base damage is simply too low given what everyone else does. One way or the other, I was wondering what others thought on this matter.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
seasnake wrote:
Death School was given low base damage cards as they healed as death attacks, but with pets casting spritely, fire having link spells that heal and attack as if they were themselves death school, and healing becoming low pip it just seems like death's base damage is simply too low given what everyone else does. One way or the other, I was wondering what others thought on this matter.
here's what i think- 2 nights ago i was in wintertusk. in battle i cast a gargantuan wraith with spirit blade and a feint, it went critical, and i did 4900+ damage to the enemy, killing it, and was back to full health with the 2450 coming back to me. i have no complaints about death's damage now that sun spells work on them. i'm myth, btw. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Seasnake,

All I can say is this, my Death Wizard is at the end of Krock, and so far it has been the easiest Wizard to bring up. My Ice was the hardest, Balance was fair, Storm was always on the edge, but almost always won (not like my weak ice).
So far, I would have to say that Death is my strongest player, and maybe the one I like the most.
Also, take one of your other players and get hit by a fully loaded Skeleton dragon and see what you think. Death is just awesome......

Joe.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
Seasnake,

All I can say is this, my Death Wizard is at the end of Krock, and so far it has been the easiest Wizard to bring up. My Ice was the hardest, Balance was fair, Storm was always on the edge, but almost always won (not like my weak ice).
So far, I would have to say that Death is my strongest player, and maybe the one I like the most.
Also, take one of your other players and get hit by a fully loaded Skeleton dragon and see what you think. Death is just awesome......

Joe.

I have a low 50's level death and I agree that it was easiest to level up, but unless there are mostly bad death players every time I see them they tend to be dealing low damage, pit that up against all the resists everyone now has and I wonder just how bad their upper level damage really is. Keep in mind at the upper levels their criticals are going to be blocked and their feints take a pip each and quite often players of all schools themselves have chosen to learn feint.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
Seasnake,

Joe.

I have a low 50's level death and I agree that it was easiest to level up, but unless there are mostly bad death players every time I see them they tend to be dealing low damage, pit that up against all the resists everyone now has and I wonder just how bad their upper level damage really is. Keep in mind at the upper levels their criticals are going to be blocked and their feints take a pip each and quite often players of all schools themselves have chosen to learn feint.

There so many things that have changed since this update! Every school now has universal resist! Death has the power of storm, over 70+% power boost! Always gets power pips! The only thing death lacks is accuracy, which thank goodness for pets! Now, their critical points are raised too and critical blocks! However, don't think they will always be blocked, because you will only be fooling yourself!

Then on top of that, you can craft a hat that gives you another death blade that has +45%, death blade, treasure death blade, spirit blade, treasure spirit blade, dragon blade (if you have the pet)! Oh, plus the balance blades out there! Put that on a Wraith, or Scarecrow, or Skeletal Dragon that is enchanted with a Gargantuan and Death is deadlier than the grim reaper himself!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
There so many things that have changed since this update! Every school now has universal resist! Death has the power of storm, over 70+% power boost! Always gets power pips! The only thing death lacks is accuracy, which thank goodness for pets! Now, their critical points are raised too and critical blocks! However, don't think they will always be blocked, because you will only be fooling yourself!

Then on top of that, you can craft a hat that gives you another death blade that has +45%, death blade, treasure death blade, spirit blade, treasure spirit blade, dragon blade (if you have the pet)! Oh, plus the balance blades out there! Put that on a Wraith, or Scarecrow, or Skeletal Dragon that is enchanted with a Gargantuan and Death is deadlier than the grim reaper himself!
well articulated. I agree completely and would like to add that the mutate Minotaur card gives death the ability to boost a double attack when using the myth amulet. The game certainly has been shook up, KI really gave us an earthquake with this update. I'm not sure which school I fear the most anymore lol.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Death was my first character and it remains my favorite (followed by balance, life, myth, ice, storm)

Death's damage is very low, but I'm ok with that.

All of my characters, with perhaps the exception of Ice, can consistantly hit MUCH higher than my Death mage. Even my Life mage has more one-shot killing potential than Death.

I'm am ok with that because of the healing factor. It may take me 2 shots to kill a boss with a wraith, but my chance of dying is close to non-existant. Death kills through attrition and is darn good at it.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
travisAk wrote:
darthjt wrote:
There so many things that have changed since this update! Every school now has universal resist! Death has the power of storm, over 70+% power boost! Always gets power pips! The only thing death lacks is accuracy, which thank goodness for pets! Now, their critical points are raised too and critical blocks! However, don't think they will always be blocked, because you will only be fooling yourself! Then on top of that, you can craft a hat that gives you another death blade that has +45%, death blade, treasure death blade, spirit blade, treasure spirit blade, dragon blade (if you have the pet)! Oh, plus the balance blades out there! Put that on a Wraith, or Scarecrow, or Skeletal Dragon that is enchanted with a Gargantuan and Death is deadlier than the grim reaper himself!
well articulated. I agree completely and would like to add that the mutate Minotaur card gives death the ability to boost a double attack when using the myth amulet.
actually, mutate minotaur turns minotaur into a death spell, using death power pips. i have to use the death mastery amulet on my myth mage to use power pips for mutate deadly minotaur. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
You would be amazed at the damage death can do if set up properly! I with blades alone on my death have hit 26000 without a critical and I can get all these blades by myself without anyone else!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
death has been doing fine especially with sun school spells working with their spells that hit and give back health. But as lion said the big problem is ice, I mean Ice was my first school but i passionately want the game to make things a lot more fair for ice. Talk about a rip off it takes forever for ice to level takes like 3 times as much for any other school and when you become legend your just thought of as a bad player because of your school. I remember seeing a bunch of storm kids laughing at an ice student just for being ice and verbally assulting him... Its just terrible that wizard goes on with letting ice be put down. And its going to keep happening and people are quitting their ice wizards and its just. Why does wizard let it happen?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I got my death to legendary, and have concluded that death has great damage as it is, and that most all death players are quite horrible at playing death as the type of destruction they launch and I launch typically looks nothing in common. If I observe most death's damage and how they are played I think death is an incredibly weak school, that however just isn't the case when I play it myself.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I don't know if this will mean anything...but since healing is 2x as powerful as damaging, lets convert the healing part of wraith and scarecrow.

500+(250/2)=625 base damage
400+(800/2)=800 base damage! (in a 4v4)

800 is more then Ra and Forest Lord!

Now to my real point

Skeletal dragons base damage is 1010, leviathans base damage is 1030.

With your damage bonus about equal, about 50% more health (and I think higher resist) what is there to complain about.

-Solstice64
P.S. sorry if some of my stats are off, haven't seen much people with the new legendary gear. So please correct me if I am wrong.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
I don't know if this will mean anything...but since healing is 2x as powerful as damaging, lets convert the healing part of wraith and scarecrow.

500+(250/2)=625 base damage
400+(800/2)=800 base damage! (in a 4v4)

800 is more then Ra and Forest Lord!

Now to my real point

Skeletal dragons base damage is 1010, leviathans base damage is 1030.

With your damage bonus about equal, about 50% more health (and I think higher resist) what is there to complain about.

-Solstice64
P.S. sorry if some of my stats are off, haven't seen much people with the new legendary gear. So please correct me if I am wrong.

My complaint was upon never wanting to ever play with death players because they never seemed to ever do much damage and their cards recieving only half the damage on strong cards despite having much lower damage when it came to damage and healing cards. That complaint went away when I leveled a death up to legendary and decided that death has tons of damage and the problem with their damage had more to do with those who played them. Just played with one legendary death that opened with a line that death doesn't do much damage but at least it heals itself (my legendary death was easily doing over three times that theirs was practically every single hit).

Champion
Apr 18, 2010

seasnake wrote:
My complaint was upon never wanting to ever play with death players because they never seemed to ever do much damage and their cards recieving only half the damage on strong cards despite having much lower damage when it came to damage and healing cards. That complaint went away when I leveled a death up to legendary and decided that death has tons of damage and the problem with their damage had more to do with those who played them. Just played with one legendary death that opened with a line that death doesn't do much damage but at least it heals itself (my legendary death was easily doing over three times that theirs was practically every single hit).

First of all, when people make their first wizard, they take the test or choose the school that sounds the coolest to them.
If your talking about people making second wizards, death gets their trap and blade by level 7, so they are staking boosts and dealing impressive damage that other schools wouldn't be able to do, and then they heal themselves back. Death also has the strongest blades and traps in the game, and since most people questing tend to shoot for the OHKO, deaths damage seems incredibly high, while healing themselves back.

Anyways, why would you care if people don't choose to make a death wizard, that would just make you more unique.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
I think that with the damage being to low there health is to especely with going up to a storm there damage can kill a death wizard or a fire.