Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please add a pass button to the defeated mess

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Right now, if you are defeated in battle, every round you get a message that says you are and gives you the option to flee. Please add a pass button to that message so that you can signal the others in the battle with you that you intend to stick around and hope for healing.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Right now, if you are defeated in battle, every round you get a message that says you are and gives you the option to flee. Please add a pass button to that message so that you can signal the others in the battle with you that you intend to stick around and hope for healing.

I would agree except that this could put the clock back onto a defeated player. Meaning that if they don't click pass or flee the countdown will continue even though you can do nothing you could hold up the match.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009

I have to agree with this too, because I've seen my character die, without the other players knowing, and then forgetting I was ddead.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009

You can just tell them you need healing.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

I agree. That way the countdown doesn't keep going, holding up the battle.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

I thought the current process is that the next round starts when the last living wizard chooses their card. I don't believe the countdown actually waits for a response from the defeated wizard. In other words, if a wizard is trying to flee, they only have until all the other players make their card choice to do so.

Did that change with the last patch? I don't remember any defeated sessions recently so I honestly don't know if it was changed.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I thought the current process is that the next round starts when the last living wizard chooses their card. I don't believe the countdown actually waits for a response from the defeated wizard. In other words, if a wizard is trying to flee, they only have until all the other players make their card choice to do so.

Did that change with the last patch? I don't remember any defeated sessions recently so I honestly don't know if it was changed.

No, it didn't change. Once the last living wizard chooses their card, the match continues. I don't see how you can miss a defeated player. Their head spins around like the girl from the Exorcist.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
If a person flees it has caused the count down to continue on me recently.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I usually will just ask if someone feels like healing me or if i should run. if your teammates don't have text chat, there are menu options for 'i need healing' and for responses 'don't flee, i can heal' or 'i can't'. i don't see how this option would be terribly useful.