Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Balance Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I used to think there was no use for Spiritual attacks, but I realized I only use Elemental Blades and Traps for Spectral Blast and Hydra. Because of this, I have no use for Spiritual Blades or Traps and therefore keep them out of my deck. Here are my ideas to make these spells useful to Sorcerers that don't second in a Spiritual school:

Mighty Blast: Deal 290 Life damage, 375 Myth damage, 450 Death damage. Available with Spectral Blast for training to non-Sorcerer wizards for two training points. Spectral Blast and Mighty Blast are not available seperately for training.

Mighty Minion: Summons a minion of Life, Myth, or Death. Given with Spectral Minion upon finishing the quest Balancing Act.

Chimera: Looks like the Greek version of the monster, except the goat's head is green and the Chimera's serpent tail is black. Deals 190 Life, Myth, and Death damage. Available with Hydra for training to non-Sorcerer wizards for two training points. Chimera and Hydra are not available seperately for training.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I used to think there was no use for Spiritual attacks, but I realized I only use Elemental Blades and Traps for Spectral Blast and Hydra. Because of this, I have no use for Spiritual Blades or Traps and therefore keep them out of my deck. Here are my ideas to make these spells useful to Sorcerers that don't second in a Spiritual school:

Mighty Blast: Deal 290 Life damage, 375 Myth damage, 450 Death damage. Available for training to non-Sorcerer wizards for two training points.

Mighty Minion: Summons a minion of Life, Myth, or Death. Given with Spectral Minion upon finishing the quest Balancing Act.

Chimera: Looks like the Greek version of the monster, except the goat's head is green and the Chimera's serpent tail is black. Deals 190 Life, Myth, and Death damage. Available for training to non-Sorcerer wizards for two training points.

Hmm. I like your all your ideas, but I see a bit of a thing to change possibly? Also, you might want to consider instead of Mighty Blast and Mighty Minion, Spirit Blast and Spirit Minion? Then, for Mighty Blast again, I think Life should deal some healing points (maybe 650-750?), the Myth should deal first 30 and then 370 damage, and the Death should deal 350 damage and heal for 175 health. Just my personal thoughts.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mman17 wrote:
Hmm. I like your all your ideas, but I see a bit of a thing to change possibly? Also, you might want to consider instead of Mighty Blast and Mighty Minion, Spirit Blast and Spirit Minion? Then, for Mighty Blast again, I think Life should deal some healing points (maybe 650-750?), the Myth should deal first 30 and then 370 damage, and the Death should deal 350 damage and heal for 175 health. Just my personal thoughts.

I chose 'mighty' because it sounded more spiritual, and since the Elemental versions are called Spectral I thought it would be a nice contrast. As for Mighty Blast, I think it makes more sense for the spells to not harness the full abilities of the Spiritual schools because...it's Balance. Plus I think it would just be another complaint supporting the "Balance is overpowered" argument, which I don't wanna be associated with in any way.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
mman17 wrote:

I chose 'mighty' because it sounded more spiritual, and since the Elemental versions are called Spectral I thought it would be a nice contrast. As for Mighty Blast, I think it makes more sense for the spells to not harness the full abilities of the Spiritual schools because...it's Balance. Plus I think it would just be another complaint supporting the "Balance is overpowered" argument, which I don't wanna be associated with in any way.

I like this idea. I only use these spells when I'm fighting with my Dad, who's Myth, or a Necromancer.
How about "companion" instead of "mighty minion"??
~Autumn OwlGlade, GrandMaster Sorcerer
"I will do ANYTHING to defy you!"
~Midna

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
mman17 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Mighty Blast: Deal 290 Life damage, 375 Myth damage, 450 Death damage. Available for training to non-Sorcerer wizards for two training points.

Chimera: Looks like the Greek version of the monster, except the goat's head is green and the Chimera's serpent tail is black. Deals 190 Life, Myth, and Death damage. Available for training to non-Sorcerer wizards for two training points.

i like the thoughts and have sent the exact same suggestions to KI a few times since i got to hydra well over a year ago....personally i wonder if KI just prints them out and puts them in the fire place XD. a coment about your conclusion that 'balances being overpowering' in the conclusion to his note....I personally dont think they have ever been overpowering. Just cause they dont set their decks right is not 'me' being 'overpowering' but them underpowered for pvp. i by far disagree but yeah i have known those complaints starting the game as one and still it is my main for more reasons than 'cause its balance'....heard that one a few times XD

The healing, 2 prong attack, and drain that mman17 said lol cute but yeah too unrealistic. that would make them more than overpowering aka easily unbeatable. I wouldn't want that...i still like chance to loose though only give or take 1/20 i normally loose. not cause of overpowering but cause deck is set right. Not my fault players dont tweek their decks.

Anyways when you get down to it cause critical is 2x everyone is actually overpowering....not like warlord set or comparable armor at 60 vs 50 exists. I wish ya luck on getting these spells since me and my friends havent had luck though i think balances could use them to be more rounded off to what 'BALANCE' means.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Do you know a specific reason why Kingsisle hasn't put in Spiritual Spells in there yet? I'm not completely sure, but if there were Spiritual spells introduced into the Balance Arsenal, things could go way off. Instead of expecting Elemental Damage and Balance Damage, the opponent would now have to expect spiritual damage.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I personally hate these ideas as they are spells my balance wizard would not ever use.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
I love the ideas. I think that Balance deserves a damage over time spell though.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Ruggz wrote:
Do you know a specific reason why Kingsisle hasn't put in Spiritual Spells in there yet? I'm not completely sure, but if there were Spiritual spells introduced into the Balance Arsenal, things could go way off. Instead of expecting Elemental Damage and Balance Damage, the opponent would now have to expect spiritual damage.

I assume you're talking about PvP?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I personally hate these ideas as they are spells my balance wizard would not ever use.

Why wouldn't your Sorcerer use them?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
seasnake wrote:

I'd use them. I once had the same idea, at the time my Sorcerer was active.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
seasnake wrote:

Why wouldn't your Sorcerer use them?

Probably because he uses Elemental secondary and doesn't care about other, Spirit Sorcerers.