Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drops in Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I have now been into this area a few times since it opened. In regards to the drops that the bosses give. The one boss, the squid or octopus, sorry I don't recall his name.

I take 3 of my wizards in there and battle, a balance, life and storm. The balance spends the entire game bloding the storm and the life healing.

At the end of the battle, it's a little unbelievable that the balance only gets a sunstone reagent, and a rank 1 seed. Nor did either the storm or life get anything worth any value.

The way KI has the drops set up in here, it seems a little unfair after spending so much time in 1 battle to be rewarded with nothing. Is this the direction that this game is going to continue to go that you have to continue to re-enter a dungeon hundreds of times just to get anything decent?

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Nothing of Value?

KI has indeed increased the value of all drops in Waterworks!

You will always get 1 Mega Snack from every Boss fight, how is that nothing of value???

Sorry, but KI has done an excellent job with this update!

Community Leader
I believe its pure luck. I have had some wizards get many items and some get reagents ,gold ect... My balance and fire always has all the luck yet my other wizards well you know takes forever to get what they need.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

You will always get 1 Mega Snack from every Boss fight

I haven't.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Nothing of Value?

You will always get 1 Mega Snack from every Boss fight, how is that nothing of value???

Well, what about the people that don't train their pets and therefore have no desire to get a Mega Snack after fighting a 21000 HP boss? Although I do think CoopKoda's situation is rare (however plausible), I will agree with him because Waterworks is sheer torture. It's long, it's difficult, and it's tedious. Why are we forced to do it several times before finally getting a set?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
darthjt wrote:

You will always get 1 Mega Snack from every Boss fight

I haven't.

You had better check again, because I have been through the dungeon with 2 wizards about 100 times now. And every single time, you get a rank 8 or rank 9 mega snack from each boss fight. There are 2! so you get 2 mega snacks every time through the waterworks!

Now, if you are not getting any, then you are not int he waterworks!!!

The waterworks is the Legendary tower in Crab Alley!!!

You must be legendary (level 60) to enter it!

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
You can't just go in and fight the last boss, you have to go through the whole dungeon.

The point here is, I believe KI states that this dungeon takes about 4 hours or something like that... that's a lot of time to invest into an instance to come out of it with virtually nothing.

It would be fine if once you have completed the quest, that you can go back in and just fight the bosses, instead of having to go through the whole dungeon again.

dolor456 wrote:
Why don't you try the last boss then and its luck that gives you gear.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Nothing of Value?

Yeah! Waterworks totally upped-the-anty on epic drops in that game!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Defender
May 12, 2009
I've been there eight times (I had to leave early on one) and ended up winnin g seven. I got hangman's hood boots and robes, plus many mega snacks and other things. There is a good chance you will get things but that doesn't mean you will every single time. Sorry you had trouble but better luck next time!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
sunstone is actually a great drop for all those trying to become grandmaster or wanting crafting cl rings athames and stuff.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Nothing of Value?

Well, what about the people that don't train their pets and therefore have no desire to get a Mega Snack after fighting a 21000 HP boss? Although I do think CoopKoda's situation is rare (however plausible), I will agree with him because Waterworks is sheer torture. It's long, it's difficult, and it's tedious. Why are we forced to do it several times before finally getting a set?

because the gear set is epic and this way not every person has the set. you need to work a little harder for it than that.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
I heard that you can get a lifeforce blade from there..But you have to do it over and over again :? It took forever just to get the Frostbite outfit from there

Alexandria
lvl 60 Ice

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CoopKoda wrote:
I have now been into this area a few times since it opened. In regards to the drops that the bosses give. The one boss, the squid or octopus, sorry I don't recall his name.

I take 3 of my wizards in there and battle, a balance, life and storm. The balance spends the entire game bloding the storm and the life healing.

At the end of the battle, it's a little unbelievable that the balance only gets a sunstone reagent, and a rank 1 seed. Nor did either the storm or life get anything worth any value.

The way KI has the drops set up in here, it seems a little unfair after spending so much time in 1 battle to be rewarded with nothing. Is this the direction that this game is going to continue to go that you have to continue to re-enter a dungeon hundreds of times just to get anything decent?

My Balance wiz got lucky, and received both her level 60 hat and cloak on the first run. It did, however, take another 4 tries before she got her boots, and some friends I quested with still don't have all of their gear. Sure, the other drops aren't THAT great, but it's all in the luck of the draw.

Good luck!

Laura Shadowsong
Lv. 60 Balance

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
i have done waterworks so many time i have lost track and still cant get my death boots. many of my friends already have all their legendary gear after only a few tries. was there a change in the drop rate lately?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
ugh... i have went through waterworks 5 times and only got my boots, and only 2 mega snacks! the drop rate is completely horrible!
KI really needs to work on this problem!!

Rebecca Dragonhunter Level 60 Theurgist

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
is there really a new pet drop in water works called something like silver armor boar if so please let me no signed

The LegendBreaker

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, after KI fixed the Luska glitch, they totally downgraded Waterworks and all drop rates...

Now, you can do waterworks a million times, and may get lucky to get 1 item of use... Of course, I am exaggerating a little, but not much...

Way to make waterworks useless KI, after all the boasting I have done about what a great job you have done, now I have to eat crow!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
First off WW does not take 4 hours to complete.
I and my storm alone can do it in 2hr.

Most cases though I help people trying to get there gear cause I have been thru it about 200 times on each of my legends (5).
I have trained pets to epic with nothing but megas given there (10 pets).
And still have not recieved a amulet or life force while the others I help get them.
Is that fair? NO.
The fact is it is a game and when doing these areas it is luck of the draw.
There isnt anywhere that states KI has to make the drops avail, they do it to make it a challenge, not a cake walk.

I hope that those here working for there gear get them in a timely manner,
but remember you may do it once or you may do it a hundred times.
Your odds are the same each time you go in.
RDV

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
hi guys. so far on my storm legend i have been in 9 times. it frustrates me that i still haven't gotten my robe, but then yesterday i realized its all luck. after fighting sylster with some friends i was given a pink jellyfish which can learn spritely quite quicky :-D. its all luck, and thou it frustrates me, i cant complain to KI. they did a great job. you must be patient with these things. if you dont get the item you wish to obtain when you want to, then do something else and try again tomorrow. i did get my gear allot quicker on my death, (3 times it took me: boots first time, hat second, robe third) but just enjoy every step of the way. and as for mega snacks, people stop telling lies, as you dont get a mega snack for every boss fight. you most likely will get one, but it is common not to get 2 mega snacks, just so you know.

Kane Firebreeze (Death level 60)
Valerian Firebreeze (Storm level 60)
Alura Firebreeze (Fire level 4)