Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

requesting an animation change for RA

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
RA is incredibly slow, and after watching him a couple times, he's tedious.

When he comes out and poses, instead of having him plant that staff of his, hit one target, then plant it and hit the next, how about having him plant it once, then just have 4 beams of sun shoot out of it, hitting all targets.

Then you can rotate to each target as you figure damage and just show them in a brilliant beam of light going up in flames or something.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Or even once he plants the stff and raises the ankh let the sun power build up in the eye and then just have the beam shoot each target no other animation necessary.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Eh, I think it's fine the way it is. Plus all the AOE spells that feature a monster attack each enemy individually.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
RA is incredibly slow, and after watching him a couple times, he's tedious.

When he comes out and poses, instead of having him plant that staff of his, hit one target, then plant it and hit the next, how about having him plant it once, then just have 4 beams of sun shoot out of it, hitting all targets.

Then you can rotate to each target as you figure damage and just show them in a brilliant beam of light going up in flames or something.

Not nearly as much as Forest Lord.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
personally, I think Ra needs some SERIOUS changes.
one: Ra was not falcon-headed, KI. Get your Mythology right.
two: Ra is the only level fifthty eight spell that ONLY attacks. After learning that it does nothing but attack, I lost my mommentum to learn it, prefering to use the Sun (AKA, Power Nova)
KI, please fix this spell.
~Autumn OwlGlade, GrandMaster sorceress
"I will do ANYTHING to defy you!"
~Midna

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
azelda49 wrote:
personally, I think Ra needs some SERIOUS changes.
one: Ra was not falcon-headed, KI. Get your Mythology right.
two: Ra is the only level fifthty eight spell that ONLY attacks. After learning that it does nothing but attack, I lost my mommentum to learn it, prefering to use the Sun (AKA, Power Nova)
KI, please fix this spell.
~Autumn OwlGlade, GrandMaster sorceress
"I will do ANYTHING to defy you!"
~Midna

So what additional thing does forest lord and skeletal dragon do? Cause as I recall they are both only attack.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
mman17 wrote:
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
RA is incredibly slow, and after watching him a couple times, he's tedious. When he comes out and poses, instead of having him plant that staff of his, hit one target, then plant it and hit the next, how about having him plant it once, then just have 4 beams of sun shoot out of it, hitting all targets. Then you can rotate to each target as you figure damage and just show them in a brilliant beam of light going up in flames or something.
Not nearly as much as Forest Lord.
i agree that both Ra and forest lord's animations Do take too long! and to the person who said that Ra doesn't have a falcon head according to egyptian myth, i don't know what you've read, but Ra Is supposed to have the head of a falcon! KI does have their mythology straight on this. you must be thinking of something else. -corwin sandstalker, grandmaster sorcerer

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
If you ask me all of them are actually slow not just Ra and Beast but one thing i noticed back over a year ago and guess ill comment on now is...

The spells are loops. Each one watch them and you will c that. In stead of saying a few of the things i have seen try saying.....

take the staff away and let him just use an awnk. So he would be more like Storm Lord in speed. Its only the staff after all everyone complains about and making a non-loop wouldn't be fun for KI i would wager.

there are other slow spells but Ra being a God i think its more a Looking Down on his Ants kinda feel....

tiny comment of another posting....yeah Ra does have Falcon Head or were you watching STARGATE and got confused? If so then Ra should be a Worm XD lol lol well more like a Snake but yeah.....

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
i also think he's kinda slow, forcing me to use nova lots of times lol.

i also think that they should make the calculations per enemy and just make a one hit all type spell, one beam.

this would have to be fixed on the scarecrow spell as well. I mean take, give, take, give, take, give, is kinda silly. just take from all, and give one shot of heal all at once.