Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anything to help this?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Okay, I love the Wintertusk update, but I'm really starting to resent it a little. :( The game has run unbelievably slow since this update. I know it's not an issue with my internet (everything else internet-related works just as fast as it used to) and I have tried putting the game on a lower graphics setting. For example, even on the cave man like graphics setting and a quiet realm, it takes about two minutes for the game to freeze up and reload after I update or finish a quest, or battle, or teleport, or anything. I'm really not sure whats up :p

Historian
May 01, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
Okay, I love the Wintertusk update, but I'm really starting to resent it a little. :( The game has run unbelievably slow since this update. I know it's not an issue with my internet (everything else internet-related works just as fast as it used to) and I have tried putting the game on a lower graphics setting. For example, even on the cave man like graphics setting and a quiet realm, it takes about two minutes for the game to freeze up and reload after I update or finish a quest, or battle, or teleport, or anything. I'm really not sure whats up :p

i call it, post-world-release-conjestion a bunch of peoplee are on, and wizard 101 is basically trying to catch up, remember? it was almost exacly like this when cl came out, least, for me.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It is congestion from all the returning wizards congregating in a relatively confined area (Wintertusk). After awhile, the amount of wizards will decrease and the speed will improve. Even websites (like Youtube) have this problem when a bunch of people all request information from the same IP address at the same time. Those people with high end computers and internet connections will experience less of the effects, but the effects are present for all.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
kingurz wrote:
It is congestion from all the returning wizards congregating in a relatively confined area (Wintertusk). After awhile, the amount of wizards will decrease and the speed will improve. Even websites (like Youtube) have this problem when a bunch of people all request information from the same IP address at the same time. Those people with high end computers and internet connections will experience less of the effects, but the effects are present for all.

Thanks