Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Return to Crab Alley

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Return to Crab Alley!
If you are level 12 or higher, speak to Sohomer Sunblade in Triton Avenue for a special assignment called "Trouble Underfoot". Remember Sohomer is at the top of the set of teleporters behind Blad Raveneye. This assignment will lead you to Crab Alley where you will learn what became of the residents after their brush with fame. Be sure to pick up your rockstar outfit while you're there.

AND

Are you Legendary enough?
A new dungeon for high level Wizards in Crab Alley called the Waterworks! Blad Raveneye needs help with an emergency in underwater Crab Alley! Something strange is going on in the river depths, threatening the whole street! Venture into dark, unknown tunnels beneath Triton Avenue and set things right! Solve complicated puzzles, battle vicious underwater minions, duel tricksy bosses, and stop a sinister plot!

Crab Alley is no longer a free to play area, and will require Membership or Crowns. This area will cost 750Crowns.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 27, 2010
Professor GreyRose.
If I may ask, in the New Legendary Dungeon, there is lvl 60 Gear, but I noticed that the School of Ice's Resist is lower than the Celestian Snow Gear. May I ask what made you decide on lowering it's resist? Ice will need that Resist more now that every school is getting Universal Resist.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
Really? I am Level 60. I go into the first fight in the Waterworks, solo. And I am killed before I even get a turn. Thanks for the fun. Now I am done. Thanks for making it just plain stupid.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mxyzptlk wrote:
Really? I am Level 60. I go into the first fight in the Waterworks, solo. And I am killed before I even get a turn. Thanks for the fun. Now I am done. Thanks for making it just plain stupid.

Waterworks is not designed to be solo'd.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
mxyzptlk wrote:

That is not a dungeon to be solo'd. It may take well over an hour to complete Waterworks, and I have heard it has even taken 2-3 hours for some. The bosses not only have super high health (the first boss has over 21,000hp), but they also cheat. Having a group (preferably one with a life and storm student) is vital to completing Waterworks.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Very nice extension to Crab Alley! Love the Irish accents and the funny storyline! Great work everyone! Waterworks is challenging but with a great team by your side, it's actually quite fun and the rewards you receive are awesome! ;) Love it all!

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
bookdragon wrote:
do you have to be level 60 to go to the Waterworks?

No you dont. I made a new account because my old one got weird so i made a storm. I was called to do it at level 55. i did it with a life a balance and a ice.
and i suggest everyone there should be a level 60 because it is mostly gonna be impossible if they are not.so yes or no :-P

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
i am level 14 and i think it's good and i love it ! :) :-) :D :-D 8) :P :-P ;) ;-)

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Blizzard49300 wrote:
Professor GreyRose.
If I may ask, in the New Legendary Dungeon, there is lvl 60 Gear, but I noticed that the School of Ice's Resist is lower than the Celestian Snow Gear. May I ask what made you decide on lowering it's resist? Ice will need that Resist more now that every school is getting Universal Resist.
I am a grand master thaumaturge and i am wondering why the ice gear is not as good as previous level gear :? also i'm almost to the water works and a question to the legendaries out there, how tough is the waterworks?

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
NOTE: I have the Selena Gomez Statue still from the first time they launched Crab Alley haha who else still has it? [Don't like her, but it's a rare item to have since it was limited time :-) ]

Just like many have indicated Waterworks is a tough dungeon and require specific rules to beat bosses, there are puzzles and if not done correctly you confront more enemies, Boss health is out there but it's possible.

Secret if you want to avoid hassles:

Don't equip traps until the very end boss
Don't Wand Hit
If you must flee the battle; You must enter by the door you CANT port in. When getting on the portal ONLY YOU can enter if you bring someone else in they whole thing will reset is what I was told. So if you must flee enter through portal outside and by yourself trust me it's not worth creating issues lol.

Wizards: Life in 4th Slot, Storm in First Slot, Fire in 3rd Slot, and Whichever in 2nd Slot possibly another storm [2 storms actually worked easier cause one saved pips and other boosted that person]

To actually not get frustrated cause it's a challenge but fun challenge is that you need people you trust and that don't just destroy all the boosts just cause they were given a weakness spell on them. You need people who can go around that issue and who know that TEAMWORK is critical also you don't want people leaving you cause they need to go. MAKE SURE you and your team have at least 2 hours to spare otherwise you'll find yourself half way sometimes and everyone just leaving you cause they have to go.

And yes it took us over 1 hour to complete even with strong spells and plenty of boost when possible.

Conclusion: It's bout 3 times harder then the Cheat Tower in Marley Bone that you can complete in order to get to Celestia. If you've quested that tower and how they cheat then you'll know what to do in this one EXCEPT with enemies in higher health lol.

pce!

Ryan DragonShield

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
rtej8304 wrote:
NOTE: I have the Selena Gomez Statue still from the first time they launched Crab Alley haha who else still has it? [Don't like her, but it's a rare item to have since it was limited time :) ]

Just like many have indicated Waterworks is a tough dungeon and require specific rules to beat bosses, there are puzzles and if not done correctly you confront more enemies, Boss health is out there but it's possible.

Secret if you want to avoid hassles:

Don't equip traps until the very end boss
Don't Wand Hit
If you must flee the battle; You must enter by the door you CANT port in. When getting on the portal ONLY YOU can enter if you bring someone else in they whole thing will reset is what I was told. So if you must flee enter through portal outside and by yourself trust me it's not worth creating issues lol.

Wizards: Life in 4th Slot, Storm in First Slot, Fire in 3rd Slot, and Whichever in 2nd Slot possibly another storm [2 storms actually worked easier cause one saved pips and other boosted that person]

To actually not get frustrated cause it's a challenge but fun challenge is that you need people you trust and that don't just destroy all the boosts just cause they were given a weakness spell on them. You need people who can go around that issue and who know that TEAMWORK is critical also you don't want people leaving you cause they need to go. MAKE SURE you and your team have at least 2 hours to spare otherwise you'll find yourself half way sometimes and everyone just leaving you cause they have to go.

And yes it took us over 1 hour to complete even with strong spells and plenty of boost when possible.

Conclusion: It's bout 3 times harder then the Cheat Tower in Marley Bone that you can complete in order to get to Celestia. If you've quested that tower and how they cheat then you'll know what to do in this one EXCEPT with enemies in higher health lol.

pce!

Ryan DragonShield

I have the painting and the statue. Those will be valuable in a year when the low wizards become legendaries. They won't have been here when the veterans were for Selena

Explorer
Jul 15, 2011
I believe that Crab Alley is a small taste of Celestia. Am i right folks

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
speedy101601 wrote:
I believe that Crab Alley is a small taste of Celestia. Am i right folks

Yea crab ally is the same style as celestia

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Just found out I finished celestia at level 59 and now I can't go to waterworks.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
eddieandgalen wrote:
How come crab alley isin't free to play anymore?

Maybe because Wizard101 though that Crab Alley is too cool to be free so they added a tweak to it, making it a paying area.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
JohnC868 wrote:
Just found out I finished celestia at level 59 and now I can't go to waterworks.

so go finish all your side quests until you hit level 60.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
I have the painting and the statue. Those will be valuable in a year when the low wizards become legendaries. They won't have been here when the veterans were for Selena

Coveted maybe, but valuable, no.

Until you can trade an item with another player, there will be little "value" placed on that item.
(note from Professor Greyrose, as we have repeatedly stated, the trade of items (other than non-enchanted Treasure Cards) between different account logins will not be added to Wizard101. )