Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it true?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Hey guys, i was fighting a boss in stormriven, i think it was cutella (i am sure thats spelled wrong) but anyways he dropped the spinyfish pet. I have heard that if the spinyfish doesnt get spritely buy adult then its not going to get it. Is this true?

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
Dillon7265 wrote:
Hey guys, i was fighting a boss in stormriven, i think it was cutella (i am sure thats spelled wrong) but anyways he dropped the spinyfish pet. I have heard that if the spinyfish doesnt get spritely buy adult then its not going to get it. Is this true?

nah, there is of course a chance it wont get the talent, but it is possible to get it after adult.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
i will save you alot of time. All pets i have trained and got spritely learned it at teen. if they dont learn spritely at teen you might as well accept that the pet isnt going to learn it. There may be a very small chance otherwise, but dont count on it.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Ah, that is the difficulty! If the pet is going to manifest sprightly it has the same chance to manifest it at epic as it would if it were to manifest it at teen.

However, raising a pet to epic is very time consuming, and somewhat expensive if you buy mega snacks. It is much faster to just breed another spiny fish and see if it learns sprightly by the time it gets to ancient, or adult if you prefer.
The hatching will cost you some gold. Though, if you farm celestian bosses gold should not be a problem. Surely there is a boss drop that you want? You might as well earn hatching money while trying to wrestle a specific drop from a boss.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2011
Well, i have a few pet's and i was worried my pet Frontier wouldn't get Spritely - but finally at Epic it did so. If you don't have a selfish by adult keep going. :)