Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Correction, Damage Cap is!!!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Only 1,500,000!!!

That is way too low of a damage cap!

Kestrel Stormrunner, wanted a picture of her massive damage, before she retired, so we set on the adventure again.

We set up all the blades, all the traps, all the feints, and vengeance!
She had full pip Tempest with Gargantuan!

Once again, looked like a lot of 0'S, but when we take a close look at the picture and count up the 0's, it is only 5 0's!!!

We can calculate almost a billion in damage, but with the damage cap, it will always only be 1.5 million now!

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Well i think that is higher than any enimies health so i dont see any problem.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Only 1,500,000!!!

That is way too low of a damage cap!

Kestrel Stormrunner, wanted a picture of her massive damage, before she retired, so we set on the adventure again.

We set up all the blades, all the traps, all the feints, and vengeance!
She had full pip Tempest with Gargantuan!

Once again, looked like a lot of 0'S, but when we take a close look at the picture and count up the 0's, it is only 5 0's!!!

We can calculate almost a billion in damage, but with the damage cap, it will always only be 1.5 million now!

You should get some videos of that. I'd like to see it with my own eyes! Congrats.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
@Mman17

Okay, I may have some computer skills, but as far as taking video, I am completely lost! Is there a program that will take video off a window? Do you have to use a webcam? Or do you have to use a HD Video Recorder and just copy to the computer?

I just think, that without a program that you can trust to just capture an actual live page, it will look cheesy! But I don't know of any programs that do this that I trust!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Well, thanks again Darthjt for the help. I'm getting ready to retire my storm wizard Kestrel Stormrunner but wanted to get a shot of her maximum damage hit for a scrapbook. After all, don't we all at some point get that notion "Just how much damage can I do?"

The first attempt two weeks ago I got what I thought was 150 million, but unfortunately, we weren't fast enough to capture the screenshot. I was pleased about the damage, but not really satisfied that I didn't have that concrete proof and that I didn't have the picture for the scrapbook. So, I set out to aquire the needed treasure cards again for another attempt.

This past Sunday morning, I spent my Mother's Day doing my favorite thing, playing Wizards, and managed to get Darthjt lined up to help me in my attempt again. All went very smoothly, and again it looked like 150 million, but we missed the screenshot. It goes away far too quickly for that one. Fortunately my good friend Nicole Summerbreeze was watching this time and managed to catch the shot. So quickly checking, what did I find? Five zeros, only 1.5 million in damage. WHAT? When I blow the shot up to maximum, it does show kind of an odd scrunching at the end of the numbers which could be another zero making it 15 million, but I can only be certain of the 1.5 million. Still a great shot for my storm wizard, but not what I was expecting.

And I did post the shot on Central for anyone that wants to see it.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2055244&posted=1#post2055244
I did try a video of the battle, but the program I found would not zoom out far enough to get what I wanted. Also with current problems I'm having with the program freezing up frequently, I figured I was pushing it enough just running screens for my two accounts.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
@Mman17

Okay, I may have some computer skills, but as far as taking video, I am completely lost! Is there a program that will take video off a window? Do you have to use a webcam? Or do you have to use a HD Video Recorder and just copy to the computer?

I just think, that without a program that you can trust to just capture an actual live page, it will look cheesy! But I don't know of any programs that do this that I trust!

Same with me on that, but I do know there is some sort of device (I think it's a hypercam 2) that you can use and put on your screen to take a video, but I'm not quite sure. I believe a webcam and HD Video Recorder would also work, but still I am not a genious either on this video stuff.