Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sean Firesword on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
The quest "Journey to the Centone of the Earth" is a reference of the movie "Journey to the center of the Earth"
....or the book by Jules Verne that the movie was created from?????

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Noble Rock: Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin into the future...Steve Miller Band (I want to fly like an eagle, til I'm free, fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me...oh oh, there's a solution!)

War, What is It Good For? (Absolutely Nothin'! say it again!) -- Bruce Springsteen song from the 1960s

Zeke's Quest: UFOs is an allusion to the English heavy metal band from the late 1960s.

Azteca seems to bring out the old skool hippy in KI writers

@Kingurz, I was pleased with the REM references, too. And I think you're right about the Jules Verne reference for the "Journey to the Center of the Earth", from 1864.

Happy Easter Egg Hunting!

Qbb/Iridian

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
Bird is the Word from Angry Birds

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
There is a picture of Mona Lisa in the Wizard City library (It is half way up the stairs). Mona Lisa is a little different because to me she looks like a pig
Please comment if anyone else has noticed this before!

By: Cheyenne RavenSong, Level 38, Life!!!!

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
I'm unsure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but in one of William Shakespar's books, one of the witches say "Fair is foul and Foul is fair"
Recognize this from one of the Fang Banshee's, anyone? :P

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Canny B Moone on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
Noble Rock: Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin into the future...Steve Miller Band (I want to fly like an eagle, til I'm free, fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me...oh oh, there's a solution!)

War, What is It Good For? (Absolutely Nothin'! say it again!) -- Bruce Springsteen song from the 1960s

Zeke's Quest: UFOs is an allusion to the English heavy metal band from the late 1960s.

Azteca seems to bring out the old skool hippy in KI writers

@Kingurz, I was pleased with the REM references, too. And I think you're right about the Jules Verne reference for the "Journey to the Center of the Earth", from 1864.

Happy Easter Egg Hunting!

Qbb/Iridian

My wife is convinced that they have a barrel in the middle of the KI developers office and every pun anyone thinks of gets tossed in. When they design a new world, before they even bring the storyboarders in, they dump out the barrel and start putting them up on the story board and eventually a plot develops from it all.

She also thinks the ones which don't make it into Wizard 101 are dumped wholesale into Pirate 101. Probaby without the storyboard to organize them.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
Has anyone noticed its a lot like Harry Potter think about Snape Cyrus Dumbledore Merle

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Bjorn Ironclaws was I think based on viking named Bjorn. Sorry if any1 mentioned this before!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
"I need a shrubbery!"

My favorite Monty Python reference.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
In Hrundle Fjord, Wintertusk, there is a quest named 'That's So Raven', which was the name of an old Disney TV show

Sierra Ashblood
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
i think that the battlein pigswick is kinda like the hunger games. Probaly not based on that, but just a thought.also krokimonican is a reference to necrimonicon

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Marlybone - Marelebone, I think Marelebone is a place in London (sry if wrong spelling of Marelebone.)
We have Hyde Park and Kensington :)

Katzenstein - Frankenstein :D

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Theres a quest in Zafaria where you have to get items for Koko Smokesign for a ritual and the words are:
Ooh eeh ooh aah aah, ting tang walla walla bing bang

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
caninn on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Theres a quest in Zafaria where you have to get items for Koko Smokesign for a ritual and the words are:
Ooh eeh ooh aah aah, ting tang walla walla bing bang
omg i wanna do that quest! *childhood memories*
xD

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
MythMaker1005 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
onother one in marleybone is the professor next to his red phone booth but he is a copy of the doctor from the tv show on bbc america Dr. Who next to the tardis or the blue police box where he travels through space and time. to be more specific of which of the current 11 doctors he is the 10th doctor!

p.s. dr who is awesome
Although I agree that Doctor Who is an awesome TV show, I have to inform you that it's not the 10th doctor they're mimicking, but the best (and most famous), the 4th. You can tell by the long scarf, coat, hat, and curly hair.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I'm surprised no one's pointed this out yet: In Avalon, there is an NPC named Jimmy, who is a page, so he is called Page Jimmy. Jimmy Page was guitarist in the rock group Led Zeppelin, and, in a more familiar name to Wizard101, the Yardbirds. He mentions that he plays the Jaw Harp (stringed instrument) for Sir Peter of the Grant. The manager for both Led Zeppelin and the Yardbirds was Peter Grant. Finally, he says "I was attacked by Goblins! They got me so dazed and confused I dropped my Jaw Harp." Dazed and Confused is a very famous song by Led Zeppelin. Also, in the following quest, the boss, Mord Roughshod, says, "Make no mistake, Wizard, I shall offer you no quarter if you insist on trying to take this sword from me!" and "Bah! You shook me, Wizard! I am defeated. Take Zoso and ramble on." No Quarter, You Shook Me, and Ramble On are three more famous Led Zeppelin songs. And it doesn't stop there! In another quest of his, "Coda", (which is a musical reference in itself) you must retrieve the Less Paul and Greater Paul (hint hint: guitars) and the boss says: "Your time is going to come! You'll be trampled under hoof!" and "Ah, I am beaten, you black dog!", referencing Your Time Is Gonna Come, Trampled Under Foot, and Black Dog, three more amazing songs by Led Zeppelin.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
So many little things you find its awesome.

Explorer
Nov 15, 2008
There is a boss in Zafaria named Belloq. There is a character named Rene Emile Belloq from Indiana Jones. Belloq got into the black market and is a mencenary. He wears a white fedora and suit. He looks exactly like the character here in Wizard101. Good job

Lyndia Greyrose: Lyndia is a genus of moths( lol so she is a moth, not a fairy, you're still lovely)

TseTse SnakeTail, if you were to break it up, you would have Tse Tse. A tsetse is a fly found in Africa who are poisonoius, Many people die if they get bit from one of these. As for SnakeTail, my guess is involving it to a rattlesnake, showing that it is dangerous and poisonous.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I noticed that you can name yourself Patrick Star and I guess everyone knows the other easter egg names.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I just discovered another. In Zafaria in Drum Jungle, there is this dog from Marleybone who wears only the thing that people living in the wild wear on TV. (You know what I'm talking about right?) Well the dogs name is Zantar. Switch the tar and the zan. You get TARZAN. (The thing that he wears is what I'm talking about).

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
In pet pavillion the pet shop is called "Pet shop boys" and the snack shop is called"West end girls"
which refers to:

Pet Shop Boys's (a band) single: West End Girls

- Katie Night

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
PhoenixKin26 on Aug 21, 2012 wrote:
Lets See.

Wizard City: I have no idea
Krokotopia: Ancient Egypt
MarleyBone: Late 19th century London (Since sherlock holmes stories take place during that time period)
Mooshu: Pre-industrial Japan and ancient China
DragonSpyre: Ancient Rome with Russians
Celestia: Atlantis with science fiction elements
Grizzleheim: Scandinavia (home of Norse Mythology)
Wintertusk: Jotuunheim (A realm in Norse mythology that was ruled by giants, mainly the Frost Giants)
Zafaria: Ancient Africa
Avalon: Have not been there yet

Some other Easter eggs
*the balance spell, Ra, is based off the Egyptian god of the sun, Ra *heck hound is based off the Hell Hound, demonic dogs from the underworld who had red (or black) fur and have glowing yellow eyes
*Storm Lord look looks like Zeus, Greek god of lightning
*Dr. Von's monster is obviously Dr. Frankenstein monster
*Talos is a reference toward a creature made of steel in Greek mythology
*The Spiral is just one big reference toward Norse mythology. In Norse mythology, the nine realms (aka worlds) surrounded a gigantic tree in the very middle. In the game, the worlds of the spiral rotate around Barlteby, a gigantic tree..

Interesting right. :D

idk since when they allow that word, but yes all of that is correct.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
MythMaker1005 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
onother one in marleybone is the professor next to his red phone booth but he is a copy of the doctor from the tv show on bbc america Dr. Who next to the tardis or the blue police box where he travels through space and time. to be more specific of which of the current 11 doctors he is the 10th doctor!

p.s. dr who is awesome
Well he is more dressed like the 10th & 4th mixed because his scarf and shirt and hat are more 4th doctor.

P.S. Doctor who is awesome my sister is watching the end of time right now

DOCTOR WHO RULES

Explorer
May 27, 2012
I have seen many name references all around the spiral!

Patrick Star
Fallon Angel
Austin Moon
Taylor Swift
Luke Skywalker
Angel Angleangel (Or whatever it was)

Plus a few of these:
Way of the Ninja Pig, phrase "Way of the ninja"
Grumpy Gobblers, the objective and name is obviously Angry Birds.
Swiftstar, an available last name, the power Swift fires stars in Pokemon,

Worlds:

Wizard City: USA, European structures
Krokotopia: Egypt
Marleybone: London + Sherlock Holmes
Mooshu: Japan/China
Dragonspyre: Greece in ruins overflown with lava, filled with Russian inhabitants
Celestia: Sci-Fi Atlantis, structure possibly inspired by Spongebob's Atlantis.
Zafaria: Africa
Avalon: Medieval, with loads of music references.
Azteca: Prehistoric + Mayans

Don't even get me started on Brothers Grim.
Cuthalla has got to be Cthulu.
Sir Malory might be a mistranslation of Mordred?
Island Getaway House: Go down the ruins corridor if you dare!
Krokkhamen: Tutkahmen
Krokhotep: Imhotep
Krokopatra: Cleopatra

That's most of them I spotted.

"More saltum, plus potestatem!"
Marcus Opacare Cornu, Ex Gradu Nullo XXXV, Mortis Discipulus.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
AdrianeS on Jun 23, 2011 wrote:
There is a quest in Mooshu that is called "Et tu, Lili?" which is a reference to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar "Et tu, Brute?".

Almost every area in Marlebone exists (including Marlebone-Marylebone)
Zeke's quests are named after british bands :-D

Also, many areas in ds were real in ancient Rome.

There are sooo manyeaster eggs I can't even remember them all!
The Labyrinth in Dragonspyre could have to do with greek myths.