Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion control bar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I have noticed that when you summon a minion, you have no control over them. I think you should add some sort of minion control bar where you can guide his actions. For example, you can give him choices like "Buff controller, buff minion, buff others" where you can select or deselect any of those, "attack last target of controller, attack random target, attack same target until defeated", and so forth. That way, the minion can cast whatever he wants, but you still have control. I mean, what use is it for an ice minion to cast ice attack bonuses on a life wizard with no ice spells?

Historian
May 01, 2010
tonym144 wrote:
I have noticed that when you summon a minion, you have no control over them. I think you should add some sort of minion control bar where you can guide his actions. For example, you can give him choices like "Buff controller, buff minion, buff others" where you can select or deselect any of those, "attack last target of controller, attack random target, attack same target until defeated", and so forth. That way, the minion can cast whatever he wants, but you still have control. I mean, what use is it for an ice minion to cast ice attack bonuses on a life wizard with no ice spells?

i had an idea like that once, but it was, once you chose your cards, a new deck comes up, the minions deck, and you can choose there, same thing with henchmen, but good idea

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Oh my gosh! That is such a great idea! It would be awesome if you could give a comand for a minnion like: Heal, Buff Self, Buff Others, Protect Self, Protect Others and Random so you can set it as it was! But also selecting target could be good as well. So she doesn't heal some one that doesn't need a heal or doesn't attack the enemy with the traps for a big spell. Also, like for the death minnion, you could set doom and gloom on/off, so it would know if you want the doom and gloom or not. If this were to be released to the game I think people would trust minnions and use them A LOT more!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
tonym144 wrote:

Total. Agreement.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
aaartis2 wrote:
Oh my gosh! That is such a great idea! It would be awesome if you could give a comand for a minnion like: Heal, Buff Self, Buff Others, Protect Self, Protect Others and Random so you can set it as it was! But also selecting target could be good as well. So she doesn't heal some one that doesn't need a heal or doesn't attack the enemy with the traps for a big spell. Also, like for the death minnion, you could set doom and gloom on/off, so it would know if you want the doom and gloom or not. If this were to be released to the game I think people would trust minnions and use them A LOT more!

Uh doom and gloom should not be turned off. That shouldnt even be thought of. It makes death to powerful.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I havent used any of my minions on any of my characters in a long time. the idea of controlling them is a good idea. i always thought minions should level up a little bit. to be able to help more in the higher levels. Maybe then i would use them. i never thought the henchmen was a good idea. The minions should have been enough.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
tonym144 wrote:

And to expand on it, your minion should be able to cast any spell you have in your library of your school. I.E. death minion cast death spells that you have learned, life casting life and so forth. Not to be confused with what you have in your deck...