Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked pet races

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not sure if this is just me or if this is happening with every one.

I'll enter a ranked pet race and it always gets to the part where I have to confirm my race. I confirm and then it says waiting for others to confirm and I never get farther than that. (I never get to actually race) are the other people just not confirming or is it just me. I've tried racing a bunch of times on many different days. The same thing always happens

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
It's the wait time in between entering the race and the race actually starting that is so long. I've waited more than an hour and thats about my limit for waiting.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Lol and this is why I never pet derby.
For one thing I know the problem isn't that there aren't enough players (me and three of my friends in REAL life all joined a game at the same time, so there were enough people, but we still waited for a couple hours before getting into a match.) Honestly, I think there might be a better way to set up the matches.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Wow this still happening? I think it's because there is some bug in the queue for the race. My theory is the person who queued for the race logged off or just isn't accepting?

Big problem with pet derby is once you become warlord it's more efficient and easy to farm tickets for the rewards just doing normal pvp.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i dont do the derby to much. Actually i did it the other night. it took about a few minutes to get to the race. i raced more than once. their was hardly a waiting time. Maybe they fixed it?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Yea, this has happened to me too. I get to the part of confirm, nothing happens. I log out of the game, and the next day, I find I can derby with no problem whatsoever.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I thought I was the only one who experienced this. I contacted Wizard 101 and they said they had heard of the problem, but didn't know how to fix it, or even know what was really happening.

The status box window will sometimes pop up 20-30 times over the course of one gaming session, but never do I get a race. It even pops up while I am in the middle of a duel with monsters. Very annoying.

Sometimes, after I have been logged out for many hours, when I log back in, the very first thing I see is that darn Pet racing Status window, telling me it's time for the race. Over the course of several days or maybe a week, the status box pop up problem finally goes away.

So I never play ranked pet derby anymore, which is too bad, because I love pet racing. It would be nice if I could earn some arena tickets in the process.

At least I can race in unranked without this problem, but you really need to keep a teen pet around if you want a competitive race.

Finnigan FireFlame