Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane damage boosts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
Yesterday I encountered a storm wizard whose damage boost was shown as 101% (not to mention critical of something like 120). This would leave their non-critical Gargantuan Leviathan at approximately 2500 damage. A storm blade would take that to 3375 damage, enough to kill most players. Critting for either of these leaves 5000 or 6750 damage. This is kind of insane, in my opinion... Thoughts?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mythomagic6 wrote:
Yesterday I encountered a storm wizard whose damage boost was shown as 101% (not to mention critical of something like 120). This would leave their non-critical Gargantuan Leviathan at approximately 2500 damage. A storm blade would take that to 3375 damage, enough to kill most players. Critting for either of these leaves 5000 or 6750 damage. This is kind of insane, in my opinion... Thoughts?

That type of damage is needed in Celestia and who knows what we are going to encounter in Wintertusk....any Storm wizard that pumps out that damage is welcomed on my team.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
That is a viewing error, sometimes if you look again it will go back to normal. That does not mean they have that much of a boost!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
he probably bought some elixers, only way to get it that high is to buy too attack elixers

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Well then they probably don't have a huge resist/pip percentage/crit. block or all of the above. It might balance out a bit that way.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
You're fairly new to the game, I guess. I regularly get 4000 - 5000 points of damage per enemy with tempest on my storm and he just hit level 50.

My life mage has gotten over 30, 000 with Forest Lord and over 8000 with a leprechaun.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
darthjt wrote:
That is a viewing error, sometimes if you look again it will go back to normal. That does not mean they have that much of a boost!
you could be right, but he might have sacrificed a lot of other stuff that he wanted, and spent all his money on virtual clothing that boosted his damage. It might not be a viewing error.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
You're fairly new to the game, I guess. I regularly get 4000 - 5000 points of damage per enemy with tempest on my storm and he just hit level 50.

My life mage has gotten over 30, 000 with Forest Lord and over 8000 with a leprechaun.

If you're implying that I'm the one new to the game, you're wrong... I'm not saying that the damage in itself is huge, I'm suggesting that the minimal amount of work required to reach that damage is huge. I myself have hit an 85,000 with Wraith. If this is just a viewing error then I suppose this thread is void, although usually if something like that happens it affects the entire row of damage boosts (i.e., all would be at 101%) rather than just one category... Dunno :?

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
if the storm guy you saw was a legendary ( or at least levle 58) then he would probrably have the level 58 storm gear which naturally raises their storm boost to 70 -80% plus an elixer would do the trick, or stuff like athames, rings, or pets would do it too, and the sorm gear also has some good critical rating i believe. but like darthjt said, it could be a viewing error

Kenneth Frostwalker, level 56 thaumaturge
Crustacian Empire

*Free to any good team*

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I'm beginning to wonder when there will be a limit to all these boosts to both damage and resists. -__-

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder when there will be a limit to all these boosts to both damage and resists. -__-

the max limit is whatever oyur level clothes that supply the most boost possible, and elixers you can only have one at a time, some that would only boost a little