Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What does the move Taunt do?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Hey everybody, I just need to know what does the move Taunt do? My brother has a pet rock which can cast taunt but what does it do? Help plz! Thx to every one who helped.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
beastybear2221 wrote:
Hey everyboy I just need to know what does the move Taunt do? My brother has a pet rock which can cast taunt but what does it do? Help plz

Taunt increases the "threat level" on enemies in "player vs. enemy" play. That means that it increases the odds that enemies will attack you vs. someone else in your group. However, it isn't guaranteed. Many factors contribute to your threat level so taunt may or may not make something attack you.

Delver
May 26, 2009
beastybear2221 wrote:
Hey everyboy I just need to know what does the move Taunt do? My brother has a pet rock which can cast taunt but what does it do? Help plz

Taunt is a spell that takes the enemy(s)'s attention off of your team and focuses it on you. So, if your teammate is almost defeated and the enemy is attacking them, you can use taunt so the enemy will attack you instead and your friend won't be targeted.

My myth minion uses taunt all the time and it really saves lives. But if my minion uses taunt and I attack the enemy right after, the enemy will still attack me.

Hope this helps! :-o

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
it only works if you're not solo.

Taunt causes the target to focus its attack on you.

The other spell, calm, causes the target to focus it's attack on someone else.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
While the above is correct, in reality taunt and mega-taunt are useless spells. Granted it can work, but since it is unpredictable is of no practical use to focus enemy attention to you instead of other players. When I initially learned it I tried to use it and it never worked, even with the automatic mega-taunt during snow angel doesn't seem to change enemy attack patterns or focus. Basically it is a filler spell that is of no use.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Taunt generates threat on all enemies.

Distract generates threat on just one enemy.

If you are soloing with your pet rock, that spell is doing nothing for you since the enemies are already focused on you. However, if you are grouped, you are generating threat on all the enemies and they will focus attacks on you. This allows your groupmates to build for an attack or heal unnoticed by the enemy.

This is a good spell for those classes that can take the heat, i.e. ice, balance and death. Basically, you are telling the enemies "hit me."

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The spell is probably the most useful when used by the Water Elemental (the Storm minion) to take the heat off of the wizard.