Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eighth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
why make a school about space named chaos?! space itself is very non-chaotic it has its way of balancing its way out. think about it, whenever a thing(star for example) gets to old and big it makes itself disappear so that our universe doesn't get to big(the star turns black hole or burns out.) if you wanted a school of chaos it would have to be about space and time smashing together and unraveling itself!

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
I think there needs to be Space Magic, the magic of outer space and taking the science of it and putting it into power.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
O.K. lets put this chaos school to rest: If the Chaos opposes balance which is supposively EVERYTHING then that would make chaos NOTHING alright then everyone?

Defender
May 28, 2009
So the Chaos school already exists but you can't join it because there is NOTHING to join. Yeah!!! Be a Chaos Wizard if you want to but I will stick to Fire. Now, let go burn it up!!

Defender
May 15, 2009
luffy52 wrote:
...If the Chaos opposes balance which is supposively EVERYTHING then that would make chaos NOTHING alright then everyone?

That would be the Existential School.

Does it already exist?

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
ummmmmm, air would be impossible.what spells are you going to put? air doesnt make sence.WEATHER might.
example...
weather school

lightning

damage: does 1000 to 1055 to all enemies

hanging effect: yes three rounds

what it does: big bolts of lightning comes from a huge black cloud and hits the enemy

tornado

damage:does 990 to 1010 damage

hanging effect:no

what it does: a big cloud rolls in all dark at stormy then a tornado wide enough to get the enemy inside it come and covers the enemy(the damage is done when the tornado covers the enemy).

ok?air wouldnt be good weather could.

Eric SpiritSheild lvl27 student of fire

**see ya in the spiral**

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

that could be a good way to understand air...maybe. looks to confusing to figure out.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
corsener wrote:
There should be a school of air

Well what would you do with a school of 'air' :? What spells would that be really?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
goalie959 wrote:
i think that there should be a school of earth or psycic.

i mean earth would be a good defense and offensive spell

and psycic would be a great offensive spell

think about it!!!!

i am a level 40, life school rules!!!!

Not really wanting to burst your thought bubble or anything but Life is Earth technically!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
voxpox wrote:
why make a school about space named chaos?! space itself is very non-chaotic it has its way of balancing its way out. think about it, whenever a thing(star for example) gets to old and big it makes itself disappear so that our universe doesn't get to big(the star turns black hole or burns out.) if you wanted a school of chaos it would have to be about space and time smashing together and unraveling itself!

I get mad about this sort of thing because HELLO I love science!!!! First of all stars dont just "burn out"! They can become SUPERNOVA'S!!!!

Even though I don't really like this Chaos idea that much I don't think you should be all UGH about ya know dude

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Hmmm...... I didn't see that. :( But what I'm really shocked about is that the astral magics haven't been mentioned more. I don't you should be able to learn any spells in that triangle, but perhaps thre could be books scatterd about the Spiral that tell you about them.

Hero
May 19, 2009
if you read the other topics there is one that talks about a third branch of magic called Astral Magic which includes three new schools(sun, moon, star)

Survivor
May 25, 2009
A Time school would be seriously awesome. The possibility of slowing your opponents turns to play, or speeding up the player(s) turns to play (i.e. Final Fantasy) would be a HUGE help.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
hey bayleaf i didn't mean to be mean but stars that don't go supernova do burn out they only go nova if its the right type of star i love science too, i look this stuff up! and sorry if i sound mean i just try to be factual

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I hate to be mean, but air, water, and weather can't work as schools as they all fall under Storm. Also, earth, in a way, falls under Life. Psychic, although interesting, can't work as there aren't a lot of truly different spells that you could get from it. Things like like outer space and time MIGHT work ( I bet that they are two out of the three astral magics !) Chaos would fall into time and outer space if they existed. I really hate to lash out like that as I really like new ideas. I wonder how the asral magics will be added to the game .

So Long and Thanks For All the Fish!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I completly forgot Alchemy! Its a real school since there is good ol' Gretta out on Firecat Alley. It could focus primarily on summoning golem- minions that manipulate different elements. It could also specalize in generating wards and charms, as well as a heal-over-time spell. The X rank spell could summon a certain amount of random Alchemy minions depending on how many pips you have. For example two pips can summon one minion, four produces two, and six creates three. But, the main weakness of Alchemy would be that it doesn't contain any attack spells. However, your minions would all be attack-oriented. This way, with wards and charms, you improve and perfect your own creations! :D

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Based on Wizard 101's current spell triangle, I have always thought suggestions to add an eighth school were unnecessary and not well thought out. However, when I saw the suggestion of "Chaos Magic", I thought that made sense immediately (Seeing that the definition of Chaos is the opposite of the Balance concept in this game). I am not saying KI should add another school, but if they did Chaos makes sense to me.

I am not going to say it should have comets doing a million damage to every monster in the zone, or giant animated gummy bears that leap out of a candy dish and rot your teeth. I leave that stuff to the designers, who have already created a great game for all of us.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
CorrellonBloodstorm wrote:
Based on Wizard 101's current spell triangle, I have always thought suggestions to add an eighth school were unnecessary and not well thought out. However, when I saw the suggestion of "Chaos Magic", I thought that made sense immediately (Seeing that the definition of Chaos is the opposite of the Balance concept in this game). I am not saying KI should add another school, but if they did Chaos makes sense to me.

I am not going to say it should have comets doing a million damage to every monster in the zone, or giant animated gummy bears that leap out of a candy dish and rot your teeth. I leave that stuff to the designers, who have already created a great game for all of us.
Thank you for the nice comment! I didn't mean to assign spells insane amounts of damage. And who on Earth said anything about vicious, titanic candy creatures! But really, thank you! I like the debate my idea sparked up!

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Actually Alchemy could be another school but not to teach spells but to teach potion making. You can get ingredients from defeating monsters like housing furniture and you can create potions that can range from making your next spell stronger for one round to making your chances of fizzling one round slimmer than what is already to healing a fellow wizard, etc. What does everyone think of this? I mean wizards are not just known for casting magic spells but for making potions also.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
i just completely agree! the very definition of alchemy is potion making. it would be awesome if we could make potions to enhance our stats, like instead of just health and manna potions we could use the potion jars for our stats like power, pips, and resistance. so KI i hope you make an alchemy school, it would be great, WHO IS WITH ME! sorry if I'm too enthusiastic...

Survivor
May 25, 2009
voxpox wrote:
i just completely agree! the very definition of alchemy is potion making. it would be awesome if we could make potions to enhance our stats, like instead of just health and manna potions we could use the potion jars for our stats like power, pips, and resistance. so KI i hope you make an alchemy school, it would be great, WHO IS WITH ME! sorry if I'm too enthusiastic...
I sort of agree..... We defintely need different kinds of potions. I don't think you should make an entire potion-brewing school, though as the schools focus on in-battle spells and potions are out-of battle use only. And, not to be overly specific, but alchemy isn't really potion making, it's making something new out of something else (i.e. lead to gold).

Survivor
May 22, 2009
cattastrophies wrote:
TIME WOULD BE BALANCE'S WORST ENEMY :) it would cause chaos and hecticness and be jsut plain awesome. i vote for that, lol
Yes there should be quests on like why the time and balance schools are enemies but that would be an awesome like ultimatum of quests. wouldn't it be awesome but if they do come out with it i think you should be able to change your class with crowns

Survivor
May 10, 2009
I think that the school i would want would be water i got a list of spells for it

lvl 1. aquasnake
lvl 5. sea elf
lvl 7. water blade
lvl 10. rainman
lvl 12. aqua trap
lvl 16. water shield
lvl 18. minor wave
lvl 22. tidal wave
lvl 26. rough seas
lvl 28. rainman minion
lvl 33. water feint
lvl 38. water dragon
lvl 42. waterphant

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Um dude sry but um that im possible and not saying just cause i know my science facts but because storms is just like that.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
dont need a new school but how about a new items that can be equiped like a shield that raises resistance as long as you wear it