Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Search Bar for the Bazaar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
So, hi. My suggestion would be to add a search bar that would narrow down the search to Lvl, Stats eg. 19% Death resist. , Or specific schools only. To make it quick and easier to find items at the Bazaar. Really hope KI can make this possible! :D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
To program that into the game as it is would probably be a monstrous programming job.

You can already search by school. By clicking on the headers #, LVL, SCH, and COST, you can sort/toggle high-to-low and low-to-high. You can also sort by both level and school by first clicking on LVL and then SCH.

Also, checking the "USABLE" box will filter out what your wizard can't equip.

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Oh, look at that. I am a level 56 now. I should buy some new gear from the bazaar. Usable checked. WHAT? There are still 30 pages of hats, and only one or two pages-worth of level 50+ gear, the gear that I want. Ooh! What if I could search for level 56 gear! Oh, but I don't want to buy anything higher then 10,000 gold. Maybe I could search a range of prices! Oh my gosh, I have a friend my level that told me about this amazing hat our level. Man, if I didn't need to look through 35 pages, and I could search for that gear.

That's how I feel sometimes. Anyone else

Evan level 56 life wizard :D

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
That would be a neat idea, but it would get a little confusing. The way to fix this though... Check the usable box. Then go up to the top of the mini screen, where it shows the boxes going down with numbers on them (those numbers represent the lvl needed to equip the item), and double click the box with the level word abriviated. It will show the highest level clothing you can wear at the top, and the low level and all level gear at the bottom. I hope this answers your questions and comments to your recomendation. Good luck, have fun in the spiral!

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I agree. It took me forever to find spellbinders hood. It could have saved me so much time if there were a search bar.

Level 30 Life Wizard
Level 11 Death Wizard
Level 9 Fire Wizard
Level 5 Myth Wizard

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
In the bazaar, there are several ways of sorting out the gear, for example if you click the lvl tab twice along the first lot of tabs then you'll get the highest level gear availible in the bazaar. The same can be done with name, price, number eg. Also most good gear for level 56 is more than 10000 gold I'm afraid.

Jasmine icebringer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
jesbbag2 wrote:
Oh, look at that. I am a level 56 now. I should buy some new gear from the bazaar. Usable checked. WHAT? There are still 30 pages of hats, and only one or two pages-worth of level 50+ gear, the gear that I want. Ooh! What if I could search for level 56 gear! Oh, but I don't want to buy anything higher then 10,000 gold. Maybe I could search a range of prices! Oh my gosh, I have a friend my level that told me about this amazing hat our level. Man, if I didn't need to look through 35 pages, and I could search for that gear.

That's how I feel sometimes. Anyone else

Evan level 56 life wizard :D

Yep, been there. One time, I was looking for a hat for my Balance wizard, to stitch with her Hood of Judgment (because, let's face it, WW gear is hideous)... She was level 70 at the time, so you can probably imagine how many pages of stuff I had to go through- I totally feel your pain!

It would be nice, if we could search by school and/or level range (for example, Storm, level 45-50)... Had something like that been in place, it could've saved me (and probably countless others) a ton of aggro.

/my 2 cents!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress & bazaar lurker :)

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Sure, level can be solved, but school? What's the point at looking at billions of clothes when you can just search by name?

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
In the bazaar, there are several ways of sorting out the gear, for example if you click the lvl tab twice along the first lot of tabs then you'll get the highest level gear availible in the bazaar. The same can be done with name, price, number eg. Also most good gear for level 56 is more than 10000 gold I'm afraid.

Jasmine icebringer

Okay so we can reorganize it, that really helps! Yes we all know we can organize it, a search bar would ask for a item name in my opinion.Ka-dur!

Sure, level can be solved, but school? What's the point at looking at billions of clothes when you can just search by name?
Thats the point!
That would be a neat idea, but it would get a little confusing
How so?

And the next bits are from my family so bear with me.
This might actually help all. Anyone who disagrees needs to say why.
Thank you little sis of mine! Anyway this is an awesome idea, would you be able to search the whole Bazaar or just the small area of the Bazaar that we are in? My dad answers:
Well it should give you the option to search the whole or search the area your in.
Anyone disagree with me or my family?

Microphone,
Valdus Darkcaster

Survivor
Jun 02, 2013
You should add search catrgory's, such as you can search for price range, by school, things like that would make it easier to find things in the Bazaar that you need.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You have a creative idea. I'm not on board for this one though.

Personally, I like searching for rare things and collecting them. I'd be a little bit afraid of a search function, since it would potentially add to my competition.

But also, it's a bazaar, not Google. By definition it's a place where you have to wade through odds and ends to find the things you want.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Chico132B on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
You should add search catrgory's, such as you can search for price range, by school, things like that would make it easier to find things in the Bazaar that you need.
Actually you can do this to some extent. If you check the box in the bottom part of the page it will only show you items you can use. In addition if you look at the top section of the page right above the section where it has all the items listed it has each column named, so first column is the name, then level, and so on, if you click on that part it will adjust them to show them better. For example, if you click on the one for levels, it will list all items in order according to their level requirements starting with the ones that have no level requirement and then going to up the gear that is closest to your level, but if you click it a second time it reverses, going from the highest level available to the lowest. Also if you then click on the one for school(or type) it does all that and puts the pieces for your specific school to the top of the list. However I do agree that search bar might speed things up some for certain types of items like treasure cards and housing items.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2011
What if when you went shopping at Bazaar, you could use a search bar. That way if you know what item you are looking for you could easily find it. For instance lets say you were trying to look for what different kinds of columns Bazaar had but there was so many decorations it was difficult to find only columns, but with a search bar it would be easy. Another thing is if you want to buy something with a certain school or world you should be able to just use those key words to search through all the categories not just one. Is this something Kingsisle should do?

Explorer
May 25, 2016
So I was in the bazaar today looking for a summer looking rug for my dorm and all of a sudden I got this idea of being able to search for what you're looking for to see if the bazaar has it vs going through page by page just to see if they have a particular thing you're looking for.

An example would be me just looking for a rug: instead of clicking the housing tab --> furniture --> look through 17 pages to see all the rugs they currently have you could instead go to the search and just type the word "Rug" and all available rugs in the Bazzar pop up. Of course you'd still have to click the housing tab so it searches for the item you want in the correct category.

I know they have this feature in the Crown Shop, I think this feature in the bazzar would be useful especially if you already know what your looking for.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Wolfwhisker on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
So I was in the bazaar today looking for a summer looking rug for my dorm and all of a sudden I got this idea of being able to search for what you're looking for to see if the bazaar has it vs going through page by page just to see if they have a particular thing you're looking for.

An example would be me just looking for a rug: instead of clicking the housing tab --> furniture --> look through 17 pages to see all the rugs they currently have you could instead go to the search and just type the word "Rug" and all available rugs in the Bazzar pop up. Of course you'd still have to click the housing tab so it searches for the item you want in the correct category.

I know they have this feature in the Crown Shop, I think this feature in the bazzar would be useful especially if you already know what your looking for.
Genius! Love it! +1!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 90+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Defender
Apr 03, 2016
We all know those Tedious times where you have to get something and completely afraid other players will snatch it before you. That's why we need a search bar. Instead of those Sorting buttons that you always have to keep scrolling after you do them try the bazaar search bar! it'd be more efficient! and the other players who type slowly can just use the normal sorting option (that sounds selfish but hey I don't have anymore ideas)

Survivor
May 27, 2009
We really need a search bar for items in the auction house.