Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The pet that randomly casts sprite?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I was watching my cousin do a boss battle that I could not attend with him. His pet, (looked like a red and black doggy), would randomly cast sprite on him, even during the enemys turn to attack.

What pet is this, and are there other pets that randomly cast spells, without the wizards command?

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Spritely is an Ultra Rare pet talent that you can get on a sea dragon pet. I want to try to get it on my firezilla though.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
andymccormick wrote:
I was watching my cousin do a boss battle that I could not attend with him. His pet, (looked like a red and black doggy), would randomly cast sprite on him, even during the enemys turn to attack.

What pet is this, and are there other pets that randomly cast spells, without the wizards command?

His pet was a fierce hound (it can also be dyed gold, green and blue). The sprite is a talent it gets form training it the talent is called spritely. This talent can be found in ever celestian pet and a few others (not sure which) It can also be gotten though hatching.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
It's a Fierce Hound, the 1st generation ones come from the epic bundle giftcards from Gamestop.

If you don't want to spend the $40 for the Gamestop card, any of the pets you can buy in Celestia can get this talent. The Sea Dragon is the one to have, but this message board is full of stories from people who have spent upwards of $500 trying to get Sea Dragon with spritely. If you have a lot of gold you can find somebody with a Sea Dragon that has spritely and try hatching your favorite pet with it. It may take a while and a lot of hatches, but you'll eventually get spritely. (took me about 8 hatches to finally get spritely on a balance pet)

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
It's a Fierce Hound that you get when you purchase the Epic Bundle from certain retailers. And a side note, you can go to the Dye Shop in the Commons and change the colors. You have the choice of blue, red and one other color, which I can't remember. Most folks stick with the red, though, it just looks better.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010

Thanks

The Red and Black doggy is called a Fierce Hound you can get that off of the Gamestop $40 gift card,
Other Pets that cast spritely ( which is what your cousins pet did ) are the following:
Cupig
FOG Unicorn
Fierce Hound
Pet Egg
Satyr (Pet)
Sea Dragon
Sea Turtle
Starfish
Spinyfish
Reaver
Jellyfish
Amnia Dragon
Tempest Hound
Jade Hound

Hope this helps you. Spritely is a rare trait. Fierce hound gets it at Teen other pets i don't know what lvl they get it at.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
It's the Fierce Hound, you can get it from the epic bundle gift card they sell at Gamestop.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Most likely the pet was a fierce hound, spritely is a talent that many pets have and it can be bred into any pet, presuming you have the time and gold to do so. Yes there are a variety of spells that pets may have and cast randomly.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Each pet comes with 10 possible talents. Out of those, only 1 will appear at each growth stage. So if you train a pet to adult, 2 talents will appear. If you take it to epic, you will have 4 talents. But you won't know which ones you're getting until you train your pet.

Spritely is a talent that the fierce hound has and some other pets. (The celestia pets - bought or dropped have this as one of their possible talents.)

You don't have to spend crowns to try and get a spritely pet. It just takes some time, patience and lots of gold (which you can earn by farming and selling stuff.)

Since your cousin has a spritely hound, you can trying hatching with it. And hopefully the new pet will inherit the spritely talent.

Some of my results:
stromzilla + spritely spinyfish = spritely stormzilla (got at teen or adult)
aqua dragon + fierce hound = spritely aqua dragon (got at teen)
hydra + spritely aqua dragon = spritely hydra (got at epic)
egg + spritely aqua dragon = spritely egg (got at teen or adult)
ghost hound + spritely fierce hound = spritely ghost hound (got at teen)

And depending on the pet and talent list, yes some will cast without command. Some of mine will blade or shield.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Spiritshadow wrote:
andymccormick wrote:

His pet was a fierce hound (it can also be dyed gold, green and blue). The sprite is a talent it gets form training it the talent is called spritely. This talent can be found in ever celestian pet and a few others (not sure which) It can also be gotten though hatching.

yes you can get this talent with the Fierce Hound , and the three C.L. pets ( starfish, turtle, and sea dragon)

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
af6at wrote:
It's a Fierce Hound, the 1st generation ones come from the epic bundle giftcards from Gamestop.

If you don't want to spend the $40 for the Gamestop card, any of the pets you can buy in Celestia can get this talent. The Sea Dragon is the one to have, but this message board is full of stories from people who have spent upwards of $500 trying to get Sea Dragon with spritely. If you have a lot of gold you can find somebody with a Sea Dragon that has spritely and try hatching your favorite pet with it. It may take a while and a lot of hatches, but you'll eventually get spritely. (took me about 8 hatches to finally get spritely on a balance pet)

Really I got spritely on my jade oni in one shot.