Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank 9 Spells and More

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Third times the charm. Same ideas, but I added some non-attack spells as well. As usual, comment and tell me what you think:

Attack Spells:

Fire: Chimera (80% accuracy; deals 905-925 to all enemies over three rounds): A mountain rises from the ground, geysers spouting fire. As the large center geyser spouts, the flames form the shape of the chimera. It approaches the target as the lioness, goat, and snake all take a deep breath and breath fire at the target.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 695 and shields all allies): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. Tower shields appear in everyone's shield queue.

Storm: Siren (70% accuracy; deals 970-995 to all enemies): A fog covers the field and the most wonderful melody is sung. As the fog clears, you see a woman in a tan dress sitting on a rock in the middle of an ocean, her arms behind her and her hair covering her face. She looks over at the camera, hair still covering half of her face as she continues singing. She then lets out a bloodcurdling scream, which dissipates the fog and holds up her hands, which are revealed to be claws. She then jumps from the rock in slow motion and scratches the target repeatedly, then jumps back to the rock.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 730 and adds two Hex traps): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 700 or an ally to heal 700): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy: deals 845 and prevents the enemy from casting shields for three rounds): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature cloaked in a long white blanket emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as its eyes shine brighter, and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray.

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 875-900 to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.

Non-Attack Spells

(Fire) Dynamite: Adds 30% and 1 turn to any DoT spell.

(Ice) Fortress: Adds a Tower Shield to all allies.

(Storm) Battering Ram: Allows an attack to go through any type of shield.

(Balance) Cast-Iron Shield: -80% to next incoming spell.

(Life) Major Blessing: Gives 450 HP.

(Myth) Army of Monsters: Fills open slots with minions.

(Death) Resurrect: Automatically brings defeated target back to life with 800 HP and 2 Power pips.

Your ideas are absolutely wonderful.

I see but one problem.
Zephyr is the only problem: I would definitely not cast 9 pips for a 700 heal. I would not cast 9 pips for a 700 damage to one enemy, either. Look at Satyr for the healing version. It heals 830, and costs four pips. Zephyr does less healing for more than double the amount of pips. Then, look at Forest Lord. It damages a solid 600 to all of the enemies. It costs 8 pips, and at 9 pips, would you cast a spell with an extra 100 or so damage, instead of doing a Forest Lord to all enemies?
That's the only flaws to the otherwise perfect masterpiece of spell creations.
Thanks for your time, Matthew Spritefriend, Life extraordinaire and legendary 8)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mman17 wrote:
Your ideas are absolutely wonderful.

I see but one problem.
Zephyr is the only problem: I would definitely not cast 9 pips for a 700 heal. I would not cast 9 pips for a 700 damage to one enemy, either. Look at Satyr for the healing version. It heals 830, and costs four pips. Zephyr does less healing for more than double the amount of pips. Then, look at Forest Lord. It damages a solid 600 to all of the enemies. It costs 8 pips, and at 9 pips, would you cast a spell with an extra 100 or so damage, instead of doing a Forest Lord to all enemies?
That's the only flaws to the otherwise perfect masterpiece of spell creations.
Thanks for your time, Matthew Spritefriend, Life extraordinaire and legendary 8)

Thank you so much for not saying, "I don't like Zephyr because Zephyr is the god of wind and should be a Myth monster," or something along the lines of that. Anyway, you bring up a good point; I'll try and fix this as soon as I can.

Historian
May 01, 2010
fire doesnt really need another scald type spell, i rarely use it now, and i probably wont use that one either (i think quite a few pyromancers will agree) i, and maybe we, would prefer a dragon type aoe from a scald, and then i would perfer a meteor type aoe than a scald

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
fire doesnt really need another scald type spell, i rarely use it now, and i probably wont use that one either (i think quite a few pyromancers will agree) i, and maybe we, would prefer a dragon type aoe from a scald, and then i would perfer a meteor type aoe than a scald
Indeed i will agree i have a fire spell idea of my own though tell me what you think.*Lavagiant rank 9 fire does 950 damage 2 all enemies gives all enemies 2 smokescreen 55% less accuracy*You see the ground crack then the earth rumble magma seeps up from the cracks it turns into a lava blob like monster with arms then it sprays all enemies with molten lava*Nice idea with the chimera thing well thought out but i rarely use scald most pyromancers never use it we will prob never use chimera 2 sorry.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Hmmm very nice spells but I just think that you could make the damage a little more higher because it's 9 pips you're gonna be using so why don't you make the damage a little higher like 900-1,000 or something like that.
Otherwise this is a good start off :-)

Ashley Angelbreeze lvl 18 journeyman pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
First off AMAZING ideas. But some I think don't belong in some spots. Like for myth with boogeyman. That to me seems like a death spell [except for the not being able to cast shields part casting shields] sense its supposed to "scary". Zephyr seems like more of a myth spell sense it's supposed to be a "god". And the life spell could probably do 800 life damage or heal 1200 [sense satyr heals 830] . But other than that AMAZINGLY GREAT original ideas!

Joesph Talon lvl 60 life wizard

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Third times the charm. Same ideas, but I added some non-attack spells as well. As usual, comment and tell me what you think:

Attack Spells:

Fire: Chimera (80% accuracy; deals 905-925 to all enemies over three rounds): A mountain rises from the ground, geysers spouting fire. As the large center geyser spouts, the flames form the shape of the chimera. It approaches the target as the lioness, goat, and snake all take a deep breath and breath fire at the target.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 695 and shields all allies): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. Tower shields appear in everyone's shield queue.

Storm: Siren (70% accuracy; deals 970-995 to all enemies): A fog covers the field and the most wonderful melody is sung. As the fog clears, you see a woman in a tan dress sitting on a rock in the middle of an ocean, her arms behind her and her hair covering her face. She looks over at the camera, hair still covering half of her face as she continues singing. She then lets out a bloodcurdling scream, which dissipates the fog and holds up her hands, which are revealed to be claws. She then jumps from the rock in slow motion and scratches the target repeatedly, then jumps back to the rock.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 730 and adds two Hex traps): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 700 or an ally to heal 700): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy: deals 845 and prevents the enemy from casting shields for three rounds): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature cloaked in a long white blanket emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as its eyes shine brighter, and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray.

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 875-900 to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.

Non-Attack Spells

(Fire) Dynamite: Adds 30% and 1 turn to any DoT spell.

(Ice) Fortress: Adds a Tower Shield to all allies.

(Storm) Battering Ram: Allows an attack to go through any type of shield.

(Balance) Cast-Iron Shield: -80% to next incoming spell.

(Life) Major Blessing: Gives 450 HP.

(Myth) Army of Monsters: Fills open slots with minions.

(Death) Resurrect: Automatically brings defeated target back to life with 800 HP and 2 Power pips.

great idea except one question
for battering ram would wards activate but not get counted or would they just not activate?

other than that great ideas!! :)
Ryan griffanglade Lv.48 Diviner

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
Indeed i will agree i have a fire spell idea of my own though tell me what you think.*Lavagiant rank 9 fire does 950 damage 2 all enemies gives all enemies 2 smokescreen 55% less accuracy*You see the ground crack then the earth rumble magma seeps up from the cracks it turns into a lava blob like monster with arms then it sprays all enemies with molten lava*Nice idea with the chimera thing well thought out but i rarely use scald most pyromancers never use it we will prob never use chimera 2 sorry.

Well, AkihiroHattori did not say to post your own ideas. I had a Pyromancer, and also, I believe DoT spells are the base of Fire, and should be there.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

Cough, to restate my original comment on yours, I would use AkihiroHattori's idea, not Lavagiant. (Even though it may be cool-looking.)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
demicah12 wrote:
First off AMAZING ideas. But some I think don't belong in some spots. Like for myth with boogeyman. That to me seems like a death spell [except for the not being able to cast shields part casting shields] sense its supposed to "scary". Zephyr seems like more of a myth spell sense it's supposed to be a "god". And the life spell could probably do 800 life damage or heal 1200 [sense satyr heals 830] . But other than that AMAZINGLY GREAT original ideas!

Joesph Talon lvl 60 life wizard

Thanks for the compliment, now for your suggestions:

1. Boogeyman isn't supposed to be "scary" per se; it's just supposed to be a monster. It's been suggested many times to change Boogeyman to Death, but I think the story behind Boogeyman makes it Myth.

2. Exactly how is a diety a Myth monster? If I made a current religion's god a Myth monster I think I'd be crucified (certainly no pun intended and I hope the moderaters see that), so even though no one that I know of believes in Greek polytheism, I'll show that religion the same respect.

3. As for your last idea, I've already taken that and worked it into the list. Thanks for your input!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

In the three times I've posted this thread, you guys have been the only ones that complain about my Fire spell idea. That shows me that "most" Pyromancers don't have any problem with a stronger Scald-type spell. Of course you're both entitled to your opinion, and I hope you respect the fact that I'm not changing Chimera because of two nay-sayers.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Webkinzsnowcrystal wrote:
Hmmm very nice spells but I just think that you could make the damage a little more higher because it's 9 pips you're gonna be using so why don't you make the damage a little higher like 900-1,000 or something like that.
Otherwise this is a good start off :-)

Ashley Angelbreeze lvl 18 journeyman pyromancer

The damage is supposed to be gradual. Besides, if KI takes my idea, they can adjust the damage however they see fit.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

pyromaniac 023?
a tip, grammar? use it

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
dbhbw911 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

pyromaniac 023?
a tip, grammar? use it

I agree he needs some grammar, but I cannot say you do not need it too.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
mman17 wrote:
dbhbw911 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

pyromaniac 023?
a tip, grammar? use it

I agree he needs some grammar, but I cannot say you do not need it too.

Good point. :) :)

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Well, i honestly have to say this is one of the most thought out new spells to ever be on the forums. I can see you've done much research into making these ideas (unless you really know you're greek mythology), but i do think the boogeyman is a bit much for a child to see. Imagine you're the kid playing practice pvp facing a level 68+ (or so i think) and he/she pulls this card out and the kid pees his pants out of fear. that might have been an exageration but instead how about doing something like agryphon and does the same thing except different animation.

Kenneth Frostwalker, Legendary Thaumaturge
Kyle Sandwalker, Adept Sorcerer

Peace

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
kckool wrote:
Well, i honestly have to say this is one of the most thought out new spells to ever be on the forums. I can see you've done much research into making these ideas (unless you really know you're greek mythology), but i do think the boogeyman is a bit much for a child to see. Imagine you're the kid playing practice pvp facing a level 68+ (or so i think) and he/she pulls this card out and the kid pees his pants out of fear. that might have been an exageration but instead how about doing something like agryphon and does the same thing except different animation.

Kenneth Frostwalker, Legendary Thaumaturge
Kyle Sandwalker, Adept Sorcerer

Peace

Thanks for the compliments. I actually did know the majority of these monsters; I just researched them so that I could portray them correctly.

*sigh* For the thousandth time, this game is rated E10+. I'm pretty sure any 10-year-old that regularly plays this game wouldn't be scared by something like Boogeyman, and even if there was I'm certain that they probably wouldn't wet their pants over it. I mean, really? It's not that scary.