Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Common practice in PvP?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
So I just went back to back matches against 2 different groups of Angel. All the players of the first group were all Fire level 60 wearing same gear and all named Angel.

The second group I went up against were also all named Angel dressed alike only they had school based gear on and this time it was 2 storm an ice (I think) and a myth.

The first group were all Worlords while my group was 2 Sargeants and 2 privates. The second group had a private, corpreal, sergeant and a warlord. Again my group was Sergeants and Privates.

I decided to look at the groups to see what was going on here and the Fire team was qued as a friend group. I have noticed about half the groups are friend groups.

Now my real question is was this one guy playing 8 different characters or was it truely a group of friends that all looked exactly the same and had the same name? I am doubting that.

So is this an exploit? I mean if I was seeing all cards of my whole group wouldn't it allow me to completely stratagize to maximise the offensive?

The matches both lasted 5 rounds before we were all dead and none of us really had a chance to do anything between smokescreens, stuns and the damage.

These guys didn't even hardly used any blades or traps. I mean it is a great stratagy but it hardly seems like fair play.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
I know who you are talking about,"she" has been doing it for a very long time as long as two years now, I know because of the way she talk's acts and fights in PvP my guess is that it is the same person my guess is the old PvPers she had got to be to well know in PvP and she level some new one's for PvP,she will use every trick in the book to win and she is good at it. But if she pays for them why not let her play all of them

M.RedBlood Death

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yes, it does sound like the same person was playing all the characters.

Is it unfair or an exploit? Well, I would have to say not really. He has the right to have as many accounts as he would like. It is very challenging to play more than one character and rough just playing 2, let alone a whole team of 4.

Yet, it does make it easier to maximize strategy and damage with everyone on same page, meaning one person.

But then, in a war or battle, one person is in charge and gives the orders!
PvP is usually not played that way and why a lot of teams lose!

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Just cause one person is issuing orders does not mean every member of the unit thinks like that one person or sees what that person sees. Following orders from someone else is different then being the entire army.

I agree this person was very good and precise in the execution of thier gameplay. However, my feeling is that it is unfair to other players regardless if they have the right to play all their accounts at one time.

I mean if I had multiple accounts I would probable think along these same lines so I don't hold the ingenuity behind it against this person at all.

So it is a bit of a moral dilemma behind it all. Kudos to the people willing to put out the money and time into this kind of issue but is it a fair challenge for PvP?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Tragamite wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Just cause one person is issuing orders does not mean every member of the unit thinks like that one person or sees what that person sees. Following orders from someone else is different then being the entire army.

I agree this person was very good and precise in the execution of thier gameplay. However, my feeling is that it is unfair to other players regardless if they have the right to play all their accounts at one time.

I mean if I had multiple accounts I would probable think along these same lines so I don't hold the ingenuity behind it against this person at all.

So it is a bit of a moral dilemma behind it all. Kudos to the people willing to put out the money and time into this kind of issue but is it a fair challenge for PvP?

Well, everyone has a different code of ethics and ideas of what is morally acceptable or not!

That being said, is it wrong for a person to use all 4 characters in a PvP match? Well, same could be said for 4 friends that have talked and come up with a very good strategy. Is that ethically or morally wrong?

Some are just out for themself, don't heal or blade anyone else, does that make them morally wrong? Especially if playing a team pvp!

Who is to say what is acceptable or not. Now, one thing I can say is an unfair advantage, is if that same person had another player on the opposite team and purposely did things to make that team lose! That, I think, would break the boundaries of what would be morally or ethically acceptable!

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I have 4 paid accounts.. If I decide to take 4 wizards into PVP it's not an exploit... do you know how much effort it takes to look at each characters cards and decide which to play from which? It's not easy. I have never actually PVP'd with 4, but I have quested with 4... I pay for them, I can use them how I want!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
That being said, is it wrong for a person to use all 4 characters in a PvP match? Well, same could be said for 4 friends that have talked and come up with a very good strategy. Is that ethically or morally wrong?
my thoughts exactly, a well organized team will effectivly plan and communicate making them just as dangerous in a ranked battle as a multi accounter. Two heads are better than one comes to mind. The problem is some teams come into a battle and everyone randomly attacks, there is no real cohesion or strategy as you put it. Rarely do you see a sucessful sports team that does not work well together.