Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Grand Masters how do i beat them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Last night i played a pvp
me lvl 37 necro opponent 46 balance, i wiped the arena with the guy, cool lucky but cool

next battle
me a lvl 37 necro opponent lvl 60 life
an hour later with this guy some how healing around my -50% to heals like they were not there about 7 times through the match. So i throw out the gloom and doom at which time this guy still heals around it like its not there, no - 50% to his heals. Every time i went to heal myself it was Disspelled? now i understand you can disspell people but i was never hit with one and it affected me the entire match i could NOT heal always dispelled. Is there some type of cheat or something that this guy was using should i have reported this fight wat did i miss.
Its bad enough that life wizards are super beast in pvp as it is without healing around my - 50% which by the end of that match he was wearing three of them plus doom and gloom aura.
please help me understand.should i wait till i get to master before i pvp or what
the only reason i lived so long was my vampire and ghoul

thank you for your time
flint silverblood lvl 37 necromancer ,ice secondary

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
After level 50 your best bet to prevent heals is to just grab a life amulet from the crown shop and dispel their faces off. Infection gets hurt pretty badly because of the athame and ring at level 58 which gives heals an enormous boost. Even with infection or doom and gloom, as you see, you are not really taking much health away from your opponent. Criticals by themselves null infection. You better train life dispel or hope that your infection manages to keep the heal below the amount needed for you to hit again and take out your opponent.

Try to stack big hits one after the other. And don't rush to hit. Try to get your life opponent stuck with heals in their hand but don't attack right away. If you can slow down their attacks you can build up for your own hits. Don't start hitting until you can dish out spell after spell of your big damage spells.

Before celestia, what would work for me was to max out my pips then hit with minotaur three times straight of course with the necessary buffs. Right before I would infect or have a minion on the side.

You could combine doom and gloom with infection. That can help slow down the heals a good bit.

Once death gets past level 50 they get really good gear that boosts their attack a lot. And you will need it as the opposing spirit schools life and myth have gear that would give them at least 28% to them both. So keep leveling up for more power.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
A life wand would be a good equalizer for your entangle(life dispel) problem. Make sure you have one with seven strikes as to counter this annoying but effective strategy. Also carry a rank 0 life treasure card in your side deck so you can bust the dispel if your cards don't fall right.

Spritely is becoming a much used pet talent which makes infection a tricky thing to pull off, the trick is to time the spell and throw it when you know your opponent is about to heal. As with all defensive shields you don't cast them right away but when your opponent is bladed or piped up for attack. Use your bubble in conjunction with infection to further divide your opponents healing. I'm not sure if treasure infection(lots in the bazarr) is stackable with trained infection but it would be something to try aswell essentially cutting the heal in half and then half again, this is possible for weakness and blades so I don't see why it wouldn't work for infection.

Lastly I would encourage using your death minion and stacking blades for a combo kill, being the wizard with the lower level you have to get crafty when fighting a legendary.

Hope this helps you, good luck.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
travisAk wrote:
A life wand would be a good equalizer for your entangle(life dispel) problem. Make sure you have one with seven strikes as to counter this annoying but effective strategy. Also carry a rank 0 life treasure card in your side deck so you can bust the dispel if your cards don't fall right.

Spritely is becoming a much used pet talent which makes infection a tricky thing to pull off, the trick is to time the spell and throw it when you know your opponent is about to heal. As with all defensive shields you don't cast them right away but when your opponent is bladed or piped up for attack. Use your bubble in conjunction with infection to further divide your opponents healing. I'm not sure if treasure infection(lots in the bazarr) is stackable with trained infection but it would be something to try aswell essentially cutting the heal in half and then half again, this is possible for weakness and blades so I don't see why it wouldn't work for infection.

Lastly I would encourage using your death minion and stacking blades for a combo kill, being the wizard with the lower level you have to get crafty when fighting a legendary.

Hope this helps you, good luck.

thanks guys i appreciate the info, i have noticed i dont get much for clothes untl 50 but then i get a huge boost this may be why i dont see very many legendary death out there

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Majornumbthumbs wrote:
me lvl 37 necro opponent 46 balance, i wiped the arena with the guy, cool lucky but cool

next battle
an hour later with this guy some how healing around my -50% to heals like they were not there about 7 times through the match. So i throw out the gloom and doom at which time this guy still heals around it like its not there, no - 50% to his heals. Every time i went to heal myself it was Disspelled? now i understand you can disspell people but i was never hit with one and it affected me the entire match i could NOT heal always dispelled. Is there some type of cheat or something that this guy was using should i have reported this fight wat did i miss.
Its bad enough that life wizards are super beast in pvp as it is without healing around my - 50% which by the end of that match he was wearing three of them plus doom and gloom aura.
please help me understand.should i wait till i get to master before i pvp or what

thank you for your time
first a level 37 should be paired with a legendary and second... JK! there is no second you just shouldn't be paired with a legend while you're magus! except when your balance... oh wait you're deasth sorry! my lvl 35 balance can beat legend lifes 10 min max, thats where I was going but I realized you were death... 8) So try making a balance getting it to magus but you need conviction and real tower to fight in pvp good, either that or try to either level up to grandmaster or legendary :x Hope this helped! :D James Iceheart Legend of All Schools

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Majornumbthumbs wrote:

next battle

thank you for your time

Maybe your just thinking that. He might have an athame and ring that gives him a TON of added healing, and so, that would be the reason.