Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP - The Treasure Card Fiasco -

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Hiya peoples,

We all know of the problems involved in PVP. Here is a nifty little solution.

PVP has turned into who can buy the best treasure cards. I have 4 legends, and 2 adept and have lost my life warlord to chainers and the other legends I cant rank up. My storm for example has 3776 tickets and just hit corporal again. How sad is that. I am a beast with 150 critical, and still get hit by repetitive stun and smoke screen. I have won 215 & lost 205 matches and never got any higher than captain. Why you ask? I 3v3 & 2v2 mostly, but when all one person does is smoke screen and stun out of treasure deck you just cant win.
Many of us have encountered this problem. I have given serious consideration to not playing wizard101 anymore because of this.

Let me offer a solution which will eliminate a lot of the problems (not all but many): NO TREASURE CARDS ALLOWED in PVP. These should be used for questing only. You can trade them so why not use them on your novice wiz for questing instead of for ranking anyway you can. Since the plants came out this has been getting worse, however, what I am seeing is people buying all the choke and smoke screen and donate and balance spam blades and temp more just for pvp.
IF: We are only allowed to use the spells we got from the teachers as we lvl for our respective schools and no treasure cards or crafted cards, or made on unicorn with gargantuan cards....ONLY OUR TRAINED SPELLS, this would almost lvl the playing field.
I could be wrong, but I thought player verses player meant actual players, not minions 2v1 and so forth. But, you add a life and death wizard with a hand full of unicorn way made gargantuan temp and smoke screen while waiting to heal their team (gathering pips), well PVP is really no more fun.
Please KI, before everyone got spoiled and lazy with plant cards and treasure bought cards for pvp, it was a lot of fun. But now it is simply a race to see who can buy the best most powerful fast kill cards out there. I am not having much fun anymore. Please consider bringing the art of fighting and deck construction back to pvp by only admitting trained school spells from your deck. Lets see who has actually learned to be a wizard through training, not through buying spells.

Thank you all for your time.
Scarlet Willowstaff 60 life,
Scarlet Storm 60 storm,
Scarlet 60 balance,
Scarlet idk id remember 59 ice,
Scarlet Dragonblood 25 balance,
and finally Scarlet Windweaver 21 fire.

Just call meh Scar :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Sorry Scar, but I must disagree with you!

There is a way out of everything! There is an accuracy treasure card, that increases accuracy by 30%, it's called unstoppable!

Treasure cards are a way to make sure you can have the card you want at the time you need it!

Anyway, what you should do, is form a strategy with all of your friends that you PvP with, since you only 2v2 or 3v3 and come up with an in case this happens strategy, so that you know what you can or should do.

PvP is a strategy based part of the game, if you go in, just thinking who can out shield and out hit the other will win, you are in for a world of shock, because people can come up with real plans to reduce you to shreds.

Also, if you can't win in multiplayer pvp, try 1v1!

It is much easier to not be chain stunned or smoke screened in 1v1 than it is in any other type of pvp!

So, I am sorry, but treasure cards, pets, gear, amulets, and anything else that people say is the problem with pvp, is not the real problem!

Good Luck!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I only use my treasure cards for bosses and I rarely trade. I have quite a few that I can use anytime.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I guess i agree, in a lose sense.

I do like the idea that the best prepared people have an advantage, but some of the TCs are such a pain to get a lot of, that you basically just have to play and assume your going to get "out TCed" from time to time. (Simplify/ Elucidate for eveyrone, some certian attack/buffs for certian schools)

We all know KI is never going to ballance PvP properly, so just disallowing a cool feature i guess is the only "answer". Unfortunately this won't happen either. So its moot regardless.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Hey Scar,
Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time in pvp. I'm sure you can overcome the obstacles you face. I know this is true because if treasure cards were really that big of a problem no one would be able to rank up. Your point about TC's is wrong:

suznkiddles wrote:
PVP has turned into who can buy the best treasure cards.

Anyone can buy treasure cards. You say that as if there is some restriction on you getting what other players can. Sure you have to spend some gold to get the really good ones, but it's sacrifice you make for the results. If you choose not to that is your right of course, but don't expect every other player to play just like you.

I hope you don't quit, that is not the answer. You're just going to have to rethink your strategy and playstyle. This game is always changing and KI is always adding new features. Learn to adapt.
Good luck Scar!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
We have been given amulets at level 50 and up to buy certain spells that were specific to ones primary school, such as rebirth, and have now been given amulets to use power pips to support our secondary schools. it is only a matter of time before treasures are considered obsolete. At least, I feel like they can be. Or rather, the treasure side section is just too big. If you have a well organized deck and train in schools to dull the weaknesses you face as whatever wizard you are, then treasures don't really feel like they matter too much. But as our spells are always shuffled randomly in our deck, no matter how balanced we make our deck, once they become really large, you can find yourself stuck discarding and waiting for an appropriate spell to show up. This is where treasure attacks become useful. But even so, I rarely use more than 4 in a fight. I discourage the use of large treasure decks although I'm not against treasure cards. But the size of those decks in PvP are definitely subject to abuse. Facing people with 10 to 15 tower treasures or heals is just ridiculous.

These new amulets are great!

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I didn't read your whole post but I completely agree (Made my own post bout treasure cards too).

It isn't fair you are completely right. Whoever wins a match is who buys the best cards. That also ruins the ideal of deck construction where if you want something you can just grab it from your side board and not have to play strategically.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
suznkiddles wrote:
Hiya peoples,

PVP has turned into who can buy the best treasure cards. I have 4 legends, and 2 adept and have lost my life warlord to chainers and the other legends I cant rank up. My storm for example has 3776 tickets and just hit corporal again. How sad is that. I am a beast with 150 critical, and still get hit by repetitive stun and smoke screen. I have won 215 & lost 205 matches and never got any higher than captain. Why you ask? I 3v3 & 2v2 mostly, but when all one person does is smoke screen and stun out of treasure deck you just cant win.
Many of us have encountered this problem. I have given serious consideration to not playing wizard101 anymore because of this.

Let me offer a solution which will eliminate a lot of the problems (not all but many): NO TREASURE CARDS ALLOWED in PVP. These should be used for questing only. You can trade them so why not use them on your novice wiz for questing instead of for ranking anyway you can. Since the plants came out this has been getting worse, however, what I am seeing is people buying all the choke and smoke screen and donate and balance spam blades and temp more just for pvp.
IF: We are only allowed to use the spells we got from the teachers as we lvl for our respective schools and no treasure cards or crafted cards, or made on unicorn with gargantuan cards....ONLY OUR TRAINED SPELLS, this would almost lvl the playing field.
I could be wrong, but I thought player verses player meant actual players, not minions 2v1 and so forth. But, you add a life and death wizard with a hand full of unicorn way made gargantuan temp and smoke screen while waiting to heal their team (gathering pips), well PVP is really no more fun.
Please KI, before everyone got spoiled and lazy with plant cards and treasure bought cards for pvp, it was a lot of fun. But now it is simply a race to see who can buy the best most powerful fast kill cards out there. I am not having much fun anymore. Please consider bringing the art of fighting and deck construction back to pvp by only admitting trained school spells from your deck. Lets see who has actually learned to be a wizard through training, not through buying spells.

Scarlet Storm 60 storm,
Scarlet 60 balance,

The situation just got worse. There are now amulets that let you use power pips for a school outside of your own. SO now any wizard and cast a 16 pip judgement spell. another disadvantage to all who just want to have fun in the arena battling intelligent minds instead of AI. I agree that most items should be exempt from the arena just like the pvp gear is exempt from the questing aspect of W101.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Bedard101 wrote:
suznkiddles wrote:
Hiya peoples,

Scarlet Storm 60 storm,
Scarlet 60 balance,

The situation just got worse. There are now amulets that let you use power pips for a school outside of your own. SO now any wizard and cast a 16 pip judgement spell. another disadvantage to all who just want to have fun in the arena battling intelligent minds instead of AI. I agree that most items should be exempt from the arena just like the pvp gear is exempt from the questing aspect of W101.

(sry if this is almost completely off topic) but listen a 14 pip judgement is pretty bad saying they dont have the blades to use, and not to mention slap some weaknesses and a tower on yourelf and you will 8/10 stay alive(525 damage), an then you will have 14 pips, and you can reign attacks right after each other (like rank 8, full pips, you can do to back-to-back)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Bedard101 wrote:
suznkiddles wrote:
Hiya peoples,

Scarlet Storm 60 storm,
Scarlet 60 balance,

Just call meh Scar :-D

Oh my! Let me ask a simple question? What would you have done if you were facing a Balance? They cast Jugdment all the time, can you not defend against it?

Can we all not garden? Or is only specific players allowed to garden? Can we all not buy treasure cards from the Bazaar, or are some banned from buying them? Can we not figure out strategies for people that have the cards they need when they need them?

Oh, btw, for those that keep smoke screen, choke, stun, etc in their treasure cards, simply play 1v1, it wont be so bad then, or use Unstoppable. There is a way around almost everything, you just have to figure it out!

But to say, oh they are so unfair, ban them! How exactly are they unfair? You mean to tell me, you can't use treasure cards? You can't get them?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
suznkiddles wrote:
Hiya peoples,

Scarlet Storm 60 storm,
Scarlet 60 balance,

I completely agree with you, Scar. There is nothing fun with PvP anymore, without all this treasure card garbage going around.