Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for the Dragon Rider Staff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
First off once we armor our drake I was hoping for a dragon rider badge.

Several Quest Pertaining to dragon and Staff suggestion:

1. A quest so the staff can add another pip or power pip
2. A quest so you can change the staff to your own school, with applicable decoration.
3. A series of quest so it can have 2, 5, 10 charges.
4. A quest so staff can give a boost to health/mana.
5. A quest so staff can give a +10% bonus to getting a power pip
6. A quest that changes your dragon to your school type.
7. A quest that allows you to summon your dragon as a minion (one that can level)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
i love those ideas, espically the one about changing to your class. I am a storm wizard, and i just can't seem to get any good storm wands, and i was really hoping i could get dragon rider staff in storm insteas of fire.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
gregac wrote:
First off once we armor our drake I was hoping for a dragon rider badge.

Several Quest Pertaining to dragon and Staff suggestion:

1. A quest so the staff can add another pip or power pip
2. A quest so you can change the staff to your own school, with applicable decoration.
3. A series of quest so it can have 2, 5, 10 charges.
4. A quest so staff can give a boost to health/mana.
5. A quest so staff can give a +10% bonus to getting a power pip
6. A quest that changes your dragon to your school type.
7. A quest that allows you to summon your dragon as a minion (one that can level)

I meant the dragon minion as a spell we can learn (Classless) not a single card attached to the staff.

8. I forgot to add a series of quest for future worlds:
increase the damage done by wand. to say 125 (showing a dragon head of your own element (like green dragon head that attacks for life) , then 150 which would have you enter and call up the force of your element, (like a forest and a grass meadow appearing around you and life come out of the woods to attack your foe with you in the center.

So you don't have to create a new creating or enhancement algorithm you could just make new quest that give the new staff as a award each building on each and needed to be done in order, but drop the price of the staff to zero at the vendor.

Please at least do something with and to make a story around the staff and rider, your supposed to be connected for life (At least according to the plot line)

Thank you

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
Not really at level 50 approx when you get the staff if you followed all the quests. The expensive armors you get from the vendor like master have similar stats in mode of power.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Are there other wands or staffs with stats comparable to what you're asking for? All I've seen apart from the starter wands are a bunch of zero pip cards. Comparing it to what you can get in a different slot is comparing apples and oranges. (By the way, apples are better.)

Some slots have much higher stats than others. Take the stats of a robe that is pretty good for its level and put those identical stats on shoes and you'd have something far and away superior to anything else near its level (ignoring crown and pvp gear).

Adding stats to an existing item is pretty much guaranteed to create a massive imbalance unless either you can add the same stats to all items of its slot, or else the item starts with far lower stats than comparable items of the same slot and the added stats make it more comparable to the other items.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
Those would be hugely unbalancing, you know.
So true . It is unbalancing.