Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dropped Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
I keep seeing people say that they get pets from different bosses. Well I have never gotten one. I beat all in Wizard City, Krokotopia, and am almost done with Marleybone and starting on Grizzelheim. What gives? Why am I not getting any of these things? I am at least a level 35 Life wizard and I want a pet that gives a card. I got a black spider from a quest and I thought it had a card but when it hatched no card. Anyway I just want to know if there is something special you have to do to get these pets to drop or if the game is screwed up on my account.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
Well i ran into the similar problem. Actually very few bosses drop pets, and I know two but i am not allowed to say what since that is a spoiler. Sorry but to get a dropped pet you have to defeat a boss that is known to drop one multiple times, sometimes as much as 6! Hope this helps!
Edward Mistbreaker- Level 36 Balance Mooshu

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
behrensc11 wrote:
I keep seeing people say that they get pets from different bosses. Well I have never gotten one. I beat all in Wizard City, Krokotopia, and am almost done with Marleybone and starting on Grizzelheim. What gives? Why am I not getting any of these things? I am at least a level 35 Life wizard and I want a pet that gives a card. I got a black spider from a quest and I thought it had a card but when it hatched no card. Anyway I just want to know if there is something special you have to do to get these pets to drop or if the game is screwed up on my account.

No. The game isn't messed up on your account.

Pet drops are rare. You have to be lucky. You can go back and keep playing the same bosses to try to get one. But you also have to be patient.

You can check out the fansite at Wizard101.com to see where all the pets are. Some can be bought, and some are drops.

Check out this list:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54829

Hope this helps.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
As for the pet with a card, you might have to train up the pet before you get a card. Another thing too is try to be second if you're farming for a pet. It seems to work better that way.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i have had a pet drop for me when i didn't know it dropped from the boss i fought for the for the first time

Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
It's sheer luck to get a pet on your first try from a boss. It has hardly ever happened to me. If you want a specific pet from a specific boss, chances are you will have to farm the boss (farming being fighting the boss over and over again). Hope this helps!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
i have managed three dropped pets so fr two blue ghosts and one dark sprite, my only concern is wh when i hached my blue ghost with a dream ghoul which cost me and another player 14500 gold each we got a blue ghost, i would think a dropped pet would not hatch in the hatchery, so i will give up on the pet hatching becaue feel cheated, it took a really really long time to get my pet to adult as it was and then the time to get the money i just figured it would be different, one question though, cani train my hatched pet and re hatch i with another to increase the chances of a different pet?
thank you for your time
Flint Silver Blood 43 master necro

And btw i fought a certian boss last night 7 times in a row and did not get the drop, i know he drops a life minotaur for i have been there when friends have recieved this pet, yes 7 times and i will do it 10 more if i have to. Plus it gives me loot to sell, you see i saved 90,000 gold to buy the permanant mount in the crown shop ( big lion) Also ty K I for the gold option but why no gold option for pets in crown shop?