Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire overpower Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
Fire since the new level 58 spell came out is dominant in the arena now a days...... :-) Reason being said, When a fire goes first, the opponent is going to be on the defensive side (Fearing efreets big hit and weakness, or heckhounds deadly damage, Now about balance, if fire goes first, balance is going to have a hard time predicting an efreet. If they fail, Then The one hit judge is no more Especially when i trained for tower and weakness. Basically, Balance ruling over fire is over Since i got efreet, Balance is no more a fear to me. I Dont even pack any treasure towers anymore........

~Kane DarkFlame~ Level60. Fire

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Fire is the best school for 1v1. Though doing a max damage judge in pvp isn't a smart strategy for balance (as it is easily countered.) Still even if a balance wizard is smart, a efreet is really gonna hurt. Also with their ability to clear shields, it isn't hard to set one up.

-Solstice64

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
chikezie98 wrote:
Fire since the new level 58 spell came out is dominant in the arena now a days...... :-) Reason being said, When a fire goes first, the opponent is going to be on the defensive side (Fearing efreets big hit and weakness, or heckhounds deadly damage, Now about balance, if fire goes first, balance is going to have a hard time predicting an efreet. If they fail, Then The one hit judge is no more Especially when i trained for tower and weakness. Basically, Balance ruling over fire is over Since i got efreet, Balance is no more a fear to me. I Dont even pack any treasure towers anymore........

~Kane DarkFlame~ Level60. Fire
i got to captain without using efreet, i used some combos i thought up one day, but still efreet has been useful with boss battles and "farming" ( when you beat up a boss several times to get a cash reward, sell items you recive,) etc) and stuff like that, i'd use efreet to finish the enemy off, : John RubySpear, lvl 60 FIRE PVP Captain.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
This is exactly what I was seeing when watching 1v1 PvP matches. Fire was beating Ice about 3 to 1, in most of the matches that I saw.
Fire, Ice, Death, Balance and Life all seem to be doing very well in PvP. I see few Storm in 1v1 and few Myth, but they are normally in groups of three to four wizards.
What I have seen is a lot of Fire, Death, Ice, Life, and Balance Warlords in PvP. There may be Storm and Myth, but I normally just watch 1v1 battles, while waiting for my next match.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Yes, Fire IS the best, isnt it

William Crowthistle Legendary PYROMANCER

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo balance will always provail over anyone judgment will kill u

Explorer
Nov 27, 2009
Yep, this is true. Part of being a good balance duelist is being able to predict when you will get hit with efreet. :-)

Besides, not that many balance wizards use the one hit judge strategy anymore.

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
hmm maybe fire is more powerful but. at lower lvls 10-40 they arent very good in the arnea.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
fire always beat balance with immolate to remove traps and steal blades before legendary updates

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I know what you mean. It's a very good 1v1 spell, well, when you first it is.

Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer
Alexandra Redleaf level 59 fire

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Fire does not overpower balance. Fire can easily be defeated if you know how to play your cards right. And fire can easily defeat you if you do not play your cards right and same for every other schools. Though, fire and myth have a advantage in 1v1 by the spells that they learn just like storm is for 4v4. But myth and fire can still be defeated easily if you battle them correctly.

Luke ThunderShade Level 60 Conjurer

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
No one is overpowering. It's just how you do pvp with skill instead of casting this is that. The efreet weakness can be put down by planning ahead. Even if second.

Blake Dragondreamer lvl 60 balance.
_______
_|_ | _|_
|
============

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I have a balance and a fire and neither of them would destroy the other. It all depends on your gear, your skill, and if you went first.