Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rivaling Schools!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
There has been much talk about the obvious rivalry between schools, but how did it all start, and why should they hate each other so badly. What's your school and what school do you like the least? Why? Is it compared with the obvious School rivalries? Please comment!! :D :D

I have the "Original" Rivalries posted below, but many wizards seem to hate a different school than their "Destined" opposite or rival.

Ice- Fire
Storm- Myth
Fire- Ice
Myth- Storm
Life- Death
Death- Life
Balance- No opposite

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
tweetybird18428 wrote:
myth, life, and death boosts on balance. Just thought I would let you know!

Yeah, they boost, but they're not Balance's opposite. Balance has no set opposite; icewing is correct.

Now, I have five wizards (Well, three. Two are my sisters), but my favorite and main wizard is my Legendary Pyromancer, Jack Fireheart. Which schools do I dislike the most? Ice and Balance (No offense, Prof. Greyrose and Prof. Wethersfield)

I don't like Ice because of the Ice transmutations, like Icezilla and Raging Kraken. Not only do they have all the power of Storm in a smaller package, but they're able to be boosted with Iceblade, a 40% blade, as opposed to the tamer 30% Stormblade. That seems fair, doesn't it?

I don't like Balance because they are impossible to defend against. I mean, I have Tower Shield, but what is that supposed to do against Hydra? And because the only thing a Sorcerer has to fear is another Sorcerer, they are challenged significantly less than other schools. Plus, I hate Weakness with a buring passion.

Those are my two cents. Take them as you will.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer
Marcus Drake Level 48 Theurgist
Victor Moongem Level 17 Diviner

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I am a myth wizard and i absolutely hate ice magic (though it looks better than any other school, no offense proffesor greyrose). fighting ice just somehow makes me annoyed especially in krokotopia where you have around ten snow serpents launched at you almost every turn.

[quote=Superwiz1560

Plus, I hate Weakness with a buring passion.

sorry if this may be hijacking, superwiz, if you hate weakness i have a tactic to get rid of it, if your secondary school is the opposite of your active school, then you should get a wand skill of your secondary school, so if you are fighting enemies of your own school and they put up resistances of your secondary school, you can take away those shields AND weakness without wasting buffs and then use your secondary school's spells to defeat your enemy
however if your secondary school is not rivaling your active school, take a wand spell that is not of any spells that you can cast, this way your weakness will diminish without using up your buffs.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Blackomega34 wrote:
I am a myth wizard and i absolutely hate ice magic (though it looks better than any other school, no offense proffesor greyrose). fighting ice just somehow makes me annoyed especially in krokotopia where you have around ten snow serpents launched at you almost every turn.

[quote=Superwiz1560

Plus, I hate Weakness with a buring passion.

sorry if this may be hijacking, superwiz, if you hate weakness i have a tactic to get rid of it, if your secondary school is the opposite of your active school, then you should get a wand skill of your secondary school, so if you are fighting enemies of your own school and they put up resistances of your secondary school, you can take away those shields AND weakness without wasting buffs and then use your secondary school's spells to defeat your enemy
however if your secondary school is not rivaling your active school, take a wand spell that is not of any spells that you can cast, this way your weakness will diminish without using up your buffs.

I am aware of this and have used this tactic countless times, but the turn it takes to kill that Weakness is one turn more that I have to waste before I can REALLY strike. That's why I hate it.