Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
I think treasure cards should be BANNED in pvp. Just today I was dueling a level three. I wanted to wipe him out with only one tempest so i saved up pips. During that, the other guy was buffing himself like crazy and I thought " what is he gonna do, a blood bat? " Right before i was able to kill him with my tempest, he used Ninja Pigs! With all the buffs he had it hit me for about 1,300! So after the battle, I tried to friend him. It said he was level three. A level 30 Diviner got schooled by a level three. That's why I don't want treasure cards in pvp.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Price,

I have seen this too, but for a long time now. Treasure cards are part of PvP, as much as the new 58 gear and Criticals. I can't see KI changing this, you just need to adapt to use them also. You may not like it, but it's the way the game is, and in our case "when in Rome, you do as the Romans do".... (something my Dad says about this game).

Joseph LionHunter.
Balance and Ice.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Sounds like the other team was more prepared than yours was. The side deck is available to all players, since you were lvl 30 and he was 3 you had more slots for treasure cards than he did in his low level deck. The thing is you actually had the advantage, you just failed to use it and If you had used every opportunity available to you (sidedeck) you might have won the fight. They will not remove the sidedeck in pvp just because you lost a fight so like Joseph said (good quote by the way) adapt.

Historian
May 01, 2010
price7676 wrote:
I think treasure cards should be BANNED in pvp. Just today I was dueling a level three. I wanted to wipe him out with only one tempest so i saved up pips. During that, the other guy was buffing himself like crazy and I thought " what is he gonna do, a blood bat? " Right before i was able to kill him with my tempest, he used Ninja Pigs! With all the buffs he had it hit me for about 1,300! So after the battle, I tried to friend him. It said he was level three. A level 30 Diviner got schooled by a level three. That's why I don't want treasure cards in pvp.

um that was YOUR mistake if you havent been overconfident, you could have won,( or did you win????) also i have a question, why did you challenge a lvl 3???? you would have been better off with a kraken, which i presume would have killed because any lvl 3's health doesnt exceed 600 right? i presume you do have some boost plus a storm blade.

OR you could have just hit him with temp BEFORE you got up to 14 pips or whatever was your goal

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I agree sooo much today i was about to get warlord. with my low level storm but nooo i got killed by three level 5 wizards using the grand pets like helephant and sormzilla sooo plz no treasure cards or pet cards in PVP!!!!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
price7676 wrote:
All of you stop complaining PLEASE! Oh, and by the way that lvl 3 was my friend... xD. he makes low levels buys crown gears and ninja pigs people so it's pretty awesome he a warlord on his lvl 3... xD so bye!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
pikachusmart1324 wrote:
I agree sooo much today i was about to get warlord. with my low level storm but nooo i got killed by three level 5 wizards using the grand pets like helephant and sormzilla sooo plz no treasure cards or pet cards in PVP!!!!
see this is what i'm talking about! those are all my friends doing that! hmm its a good idea though get to at least lvl 48 make a same school wizard at least get that wizard to 5 or 10 and get crowns gear, then you have to put pet in shared bank get it and you'll do GREAT in pvp!

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
price7676 wrote:

um that was YOUR mistake if you havent been overconfident, you could have won,( or did you win????) also i have a question, why did you challenge a lvl 3???? you would have been better off with a kraken, which i presume would have killed because any lvl 3's health doesnt exceed 600 right? i presume you do have some boost plus a storm blade.

OR you could have just hit him with temp BEFORE you got up to 14 pips or whatever was your goal

I agree, treasure cards should most definitely be banned. I am fairly new to PVP, but I had a record of of 25 wins and 7 losses, but ever since the new stuff came out (Life Mastery amulet), and the use of the Gargantuan spell, the Death school just can't keep up with the healing and one hit kills. Our big guy, the Skeletal Dragon, has to deal its damage over 3 rounds, so we don't have the option for the one hit kill like Fire, Storm, myth, and Balance. Then you have the athames and rings that boost healing, not to mention everyone can heal like Life wizards with the Life Mastery amulet. Death wizards are at a huge disadvantage in PVP matches now. By the way, my PVP record in the past 2 days went from 25 - 7 to 45 - 33. Death just can't keep up anymore.

Historian
May 01, 2010
ShadowDeathMage wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
price7676 wrote:

I agree, treasure cards should most definitely be banned. I am fairly new to PVP, but I had a record of of 25 wins and 7 losses, but ever since the new stuff came out (Life Mastery amulet), and the use of the Gargantuan spell, the Death school just can't keep up with the healing and one hit kills. Our big guy, the Skeletal Dragon, has to deal its damage over 3 rounds, so we don't have the option for the one hit kill like Fire, Storm, myth, and Balance. Then you have the athames and rings that boost healing, not to mention everyone can heal like Life wizards with the Life Mastery amulet. Death wizards are at a huge disadvantage in PVP matches now. By the way, my PVP record in the past 2 days went from 25 - 7 to 45 - 33. Death just can't keep up anymore.

one question, how does that even relate to treasure cards in pvp?
anyway, i am no death expert but i might suggest changing your deck construction. also (sry to the origanal poster that i am posting something totally irrelevant) skeletal dragon allows you to regroup and recover, i dont know how many times i got taken down my him. you learn to work with DoTs, if you get used to them, they will be able to do more damage, and you will learn how to take out that damage.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Treasure cards is the most useful thing in PvP. First of all why save so many pips up for a tempest? Second of all everyone uses treasure cards in PvP EVERYONE! So I bet there is twice as more threads saying not to ban treasure cards than saying to ban them plus you can use them to you know? Just cause a level 3 got a lucky shot cause of your overconfident self doesn't mean they have to ban treasure cards.

~~Legendary Death : Brandon LegendMask

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
price7676 wrote:

To be a good PvPer you need to be a well rounded player and by that I mean that you are also a farmer and a gardener and have the coins to afford the treasure cards that are a part of PvP.

Before suggesting that treasure cards be taking away from PvP, try farming and gardening so you can have treasure cards to kill your opponent as well.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Well it is sort of your fault there. Treasures are a part of the game no one willl give them up, I myself don't use much at all and still win more than like 70% of all my matches. Mostly because people who use treasure cards rely on them so much they really don't know how to play their own schools lol. And then you just use their schools distinct weakness while they are trying to find a treasure that will work..

This always raised a question why would anyone care that much to make a level 3 with crowns gear and ninja pig pet and all that. It seems such a waste of time lol.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:

This always raised a question why would anyone care that much to make a level 3 with crowns gear and ninja pig pet and all that. It seems such a waste of time lol.

there's no real crown gear for level 3. as for level 5 with crown gear pvping... some people hate leveling THAT much. yes, I am living proof.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

there's no real crown gear for level 3. as for level 5 with crown gear pvping... some people hate leveling THAT much. yes, I can living proof.

Thats what I thought but reading all the post some person said he knew the guy and he wore crowns gear and the ninja pig and all that so I didnt want to say he was wrong lol...

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
I agree with this thread. This, equipment that gives high level cards and pet abilities are the most ridiculous way to win a PvP match I have ever seen. Me and my brother are in a ranked PvP match (we make a great team). My brother knocks one guy out (I am a life mage so I mainly just heal) with a charmed banshee and the other guy (a fire mage) is just sitting there stocking up pips and buffs. He is only level 10, so the most powerful spell he can use is sunbird, which since we are both on full HP, shouldn't be able to take us out. Just when I think he was going to try and sunbird me, he uses this massive DRAGON spell that kills up both in one hit (plus the first turn of the damage over time). How does is make any sense to have a treasure card that gives you a level like 40 spell that has no level requirement? At least make it 30+! Maybe if I am level 30 I won't get killed in one hit!