Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitches, wibbles and bugs! Oh my!

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
First, it seems a friend has just vanished from my friends list. I know he didn't remove me, because tonight he tried to flag me down and I couldn't reply or teleport to him. He wasn't there anymore!

Second, what is with the game dropping spells in battle? Not fizzling, just not being cast at all, as if I passed on the attack.

Third, am I crazy or are the ninja pigs in MooShu more aggro than just about anything else? I can run across a road, be waaay up the sidewalk and still get dragged back into battle. It's really quite frustrating.

Fourth, I've had a peek at Dragonspyre and I just have to know; why are the Myth school hats so ugly? Are we being punished? Is that it? Would a formal apology from the entire department get us something cooler? Because I would totally corral every Myth student I could find and make them apologize on bended knee if meant we got better looking hats.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
lol thats really funny!

I dont know about those but there is a bug that I would like to report. Often when somebody asks me for help, or vice versa, either I cant teleport to his or hers location, or he or she cant teleport to me. Most of the time this happens when we are in a instance area

Community Leader
Finarel wrote:
lol thats really funny!
Often when somebody asks me for help, or vice versa, either I cant teleport to his or hers location, or he or she cant teleport to me.

Yeah, I've encountered that several times. Often, when they're begging me to come keep them from dying!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
ArcanaJayne wrote:

Second, what is with the game dropping spells in battle? Not fizzling, just not being cast at all, as if I passed on the attack.

Third, am I crazy or are the ninja pigs in MooShu more aggro than just about anything else? I can run across a road, be waaay up the sidewalk and still get dragged back into battle. It's really quite frustrating.

:

I have had it drop my spells before as well , I thought it was just me fizzling and not paying attention, glad to know I am not as crazy as I thought I was

it is not that pigs have more aggro , it is that they move almost as fast as you do and will sneak up on you from behind and to the side

Explorer
May 22, 2008
ArcanaJayne wrote:
Finarel wrote:
lol thats really funny!
Often when somebody asks me for help, or vice versa, either I cant teleport to his or hers location, or he or she cant teleport to me.

Yeah, I've encountered that several times. Often, when they're begging me to come keep them from dying!

You get the "player is busy" message when they are a) in pvp, b) playing mini-games, or c) in a single-player only instance (such as golem tower).

There could be more than these three abc situations, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008
there is another that my friends and i have found that if someone is spamming to be friends with you we end up get booted from the game and when we get back and try to port back to my friends,we noticed that the person who was spamming you before you got booted is now your friend this had happened to me yesterday and tonight it happened to my other friend.

and for some reason tonight was really bad not being able to port,my friend couldn't port to me,or anyone else so i thought i would shut everything down and rebooting my puter,by the time i got back to w101 my friend reported that the second i logged out she was able to port to someone but i couldn't port to anyone,i was so ready to pull out my hair

i think for now,it would be a very good idea to add report a bug button on the open user so it can be a lot more easier to report bugs as you find them or having problems,i can't find my way here after i am done playing to report any of these bugs and by the time i think about reporting my mind is half with it to remember when, where, who or what let alone my name or the dogs name .there has to be a better way.

ok i think thats it sorry for grammar. i flunked it, now i pay for it.

thanks
dee

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Well I do not know if it is a glitch or not but many of the drops I have received in Dragonspyre show that it gives a card but when the mouse is over it, it says that it gives "0 cards". I do not know if this is a glitch or maybe if it really does not give any cards. Please let me know as soon as possible, I want to know if it is worth keeping or not. Thanks.

Amanda Shadoweyes <3

Community Leader
Slontoppy wrote:

I have had it drop my spells before as well , I thought it was just me fizzling and not paying attention, glad to know I am not as crazy as I thought I was

Nope, it's not just you. I've had friends mention it as well.

Slontoppy wrote:

it is not that pigs have more aggro , it is that they move almost as fast as you do and will sneak up on you from behind and to the side

Is that it? It's gotten so that I take the long way around on everything if there are pigs in the neighborhood. The porky little things, they vex me so!

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I'd like to report while I was collecting gemstones in Hall of Champions, all the enemies disappeared so I got dragged into a battle I did not want to be in then it froze. Does anyone else lose thier health, because they froze in battle had to restart the computer which is a waste of time.

The only solution from wizard 101, was overheating which is true, but I don't have a fan. In winter this game will last longer and crash less. But also I noticed the freezing occurs also in crowded realms.

The quiet ones are no good because no one is around. I think players should spread themselves out more so easier for players to use all the different realms, without it getting boring.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Ok so in krokatopia has anyone else notice when certain kroks (the ones holding two staffs) attack that the animation is extremely messed up and you dont take any damage till the turn is over which is very annoying because sometimes your dead and dont even know it. Even if you kill the enemys after taking that attack you still are TECHNICALLY defeated at the end of the turn even though you won... sort of... anyways I would like to see this resolved it should be an easy fix since i know a little about game designing myself any help from the faculty on this issue would be exelent!

Thank you,
Joseph SpiritGlade

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
i have noticed the last couple of times ihave used begile ...the monster shows he is attacking other monsters ...but in fact he attacks the wizards .
I was in Dragonspyre both times i dont know if this has anything to do with it .
also in fighting a boss i recieved an item had a question mark and longblade was in the name ...but its not in my inventory no clue what it was posed to be cuz all it showed was a question mark ??
hope it wasnt a sword :(

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
i have noticed the last couple of times ihave used begile ...the monster shows he is attacking other monsters ...but in fact he attacks the wizards .
I was in Dragonspyre both times i dont know if this has anything to do with it

I have had this happen as well except i was in the counterweight east in marley bone the enemy was supposed to be using sandstorm on the enemies but only hit the wizards instead! can we get an admin in to comment on this stuff? because that was a game changing glitch right there!

Thank you,
Joseph SpiritGlade

Developer
WIZGRL99 wrote:
... many of the drops I have received in Dragonspyre show ... "0 cards". ... Please let me know as soon as possible, I want to know if it is worth keeping or not. Thanks. Amanda Shadoweyes <3

That is definitely a bug and if you keep it, and we fix it, it will automatically show up with the proper number.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
yes admin please do reply ...it's gotten to where i am afraid to use begile at all :(

Developer
I tried beguile and noticed a few things. I will have to follow up with more info later.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
There is a really big bug that needs to be reported. When in the pvp and fighting ( Why does it keep passing you no matter what card you use?) it does this repetedly until you lose of course. I've had this happen a few times already. It happens in the middle of the match.

Thanks

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
hippyjoe1988 wrote:
There is a really big bug that needs to be reported. When in the pvp and fighting ( Why does it keep passing you no matter what card you use?) it does this repetedly until you lose of course. I've had this happen a few times already. It happens in the middle of the match.

Thanks

there are certain players who will use stun cards repeatedly, and will make them for thier friends to take into pvp you might have been playing with them