Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An idea for traps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I think I have a pretty good idea for traps that would help pretty much everybody out. When you use a trap card (e.x. feint), there should be an option that lets you select in what way it should be used. What I mean is that you can either select, "For Self Use Only" or "For All Players". If you select "For Self Use Only", then the trap will only be used by a spell casted by yourself. If another player casts a spell, it will not affect the trap. Of course, when the trap is used, it will say that it is for self use only. If you select "For All Players", anyone can use the trap. If you use a spell that would hurt yourself, (ex. Immolate; Sacrifice) the trap would be affected, no matter what the option you set it for was. Most likely this will not be made into the real game, but it probably would help a lot of you out if it was. Tell me what you think of this idea.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Zuff98 wrote:
I think I have a pretty good idea for traps that would help pretty much everybody out. When you use a trap card (e.x. feint), there should be an option that lets you select in what way it should be used. What I mean is that you can either select, "For Self Use Only" or "For All Players". If you select "For Self Use Only", then the trap will only be used by a spell casted by yourself. If another player casts a spell, it will not affect the trap. Of course, when the trap is used, it will say that it is for self use only. If you select "For All Players", anyone can use the trap. If you use a spell that would hurt yourself, (ex. Immolate; Sacrifice) the trap would be affected, no matter what the option you set it for was. Most likely this will not be made into the real game, but it probably would help a lot of you out if it was. Tell me what you think of this idea.
Putting traps on yourself?Doesnt that mean the enemies attack will be boosted?

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I love the idea. I don't mind if anyone uses my traps but I hate it when my minion uses it. It would be useful for people that get annoyed if some one else uses their trap.