Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
How many Ice people have you seen which aren't warlord?

Honestly, I can say I have seen about 3. This is because they are way overpowered now and lack disadvantages. Every other school has some sort of disadvantage such as Storm lacking health, and Balance lacking a shield breaker.

Well let's just point out all of Ice's advantages. They have extremely high health, rarely under 3400. The have very high resist, usually 37% plus x% from any resist that a pet may give, and also plus 5% with heartsteal if they use it. Thirdly they have 5 different stackable blades with can make their attacks devastating. So we know they have resist better than PvP Commander gear, as well as stats that other people have to sacrifice to get that resist.

And now KI is helping them out a little more with these new amulets. As you may have noticed most ice people have life as their secondary school, so in the near future you will see most ice people being almost invincible as they will cast satyr for 2 power pips or pixie for 1 power pip. But then don't forget the crafted athame and ring which basically double healing. The only time I think they may die is if you have plenty of infections, life dispels and low pip, but hard hitting attacks.

So please tell me, how is this fair in PvP at all?

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
first of all every school is balanced. second off all have you ever seen an ice in 4v4 who wins? im an ice and i have over 4000 health 42 resist and plus 9 accuracy. every school got to where they are today in their own way. storm has to attack heal attack heal etc. life has to do the same thing, as do most schools. every other school either heals or attacks. ice is the only school who dosnt have to heal. but early in the game you have to learn how to stack blades. thats how oyu turn the extremely weak ice spells into devastating attacks. its true you can get over 2000 a round with the new ice angel. but only if everything is perfect. the only way to do that is to use the ice bird spell to give you a +40% then you use regular blades like the original and the balane one, then use a crafted amulet and a global. now in that time a storm couldve made a powerful stack too. but storm doesnt need to. because there attacks are already powerful. storm learns just to attack, and ice learns to stack. every school is balanced. so stop complaining.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Do you have any real statistics or do you have any proof on how Ice is Overpowered. You say a few things, but nothing specific. Amulets and rings and pets that give resists, but honestly, every wizard can have that!

Look at how low Ice Damage is, and if they have your Amulet, they lose one of those stackable blades! also fire has an attack that subracts -90% of attack! Storm has an attack that removes 2 of those 5 stackable blades! Storm also has a 64% attack boost!

So, state speciific facts and statistics if you want me to believe that Ice is Overpowered! The only thing I truly heard was that the PVP Arena gear has not been updated, not that there is a problem with Ice!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
LiamIz,

Honestly, I have seen a lot of ice who are not warlords, and I have seen alot that will never get to Warlord.

You point out the numbers on a well setup Ice, one that has purchased Level 58 Gear, but I don't see any other Wizard listed.
You did not do a comparison, just listed one Wizaard and stated he is too well defended. You didn't show that he has low Power Pips, that he has a poor percentage of hitting. I didn't see you state that three of the stackable blades are either from crafted gear (amulet) and Treasure cards. Crafted Blade and Ring that anyone can make, not just Ice.
You didn't mention that the Crafted Blade cannot be used when you move over to the Life Amulet.
Nor did you point out that Ice's AOT spells cannot take out another wizard so the other doesn't have time to heal. A huge disavantage, now that the Life Amulet is out. This will become a huge disadvantage to Ice and Death as more people get the Life Amulet. I can certainly see that Fire, Balance, and Storm gaining a real advantage now.

No, you don't point out any of the disadvantges that Ice has, only the ones you dislike. Ice has a lot more disadvantages, but I have no wish to point out any more.

Allow me to state this, I have seen more and more Ice Wizards lose, since the Life Amulet was released. Now the Wizards that have Super high Criticals and high attack hits can heal faster than Ice can take them out. Look at the Ice (1 hit) Power hit, it's not Snow Angel, as that is AOT, but it's Collosus, at a total hitting power of 460 to 540 for 6 pips.
Doesn't Storm get 795-875 for 6 pips at level 38? Put this one a Gar and you got around 1,912 before it even blades.
(I added in the Storms typical internal boost in the value).

The huge 2000 per round take out of Snow Angel can now countered with 1600 life heals for two Power pips. I still have to laugh at this 2000 value, but in the same time Fire can hit over 5000, and Death can hit Higher than Snow Angel.

By the Way, setting up a Snow Angle for 2000 hit rounds is seldom done, from what I see. I very seldom see over a 1000 a round, and that is only when the Ice has time to setup. I expect like many, you just read this from a post and decided to use it in this one.

Like many people, you don't look at the whole picture, only a small portion of it.
I can complain about Death, and how many have beaten me. Dragon can hit well over what Snow Angel can do, espeically with hex and Feints (each round) added. If a Death Wizard get the right cards, you cannot survive the attack.

I can complain about Balance, and how many have taken me out in one hit. I can also show you how a Hex and a Feint, plus it's three (or maybe four) stackable Blades can take out any Wizard, even behind a Tower shield. Yes, my Level 60 Balance has done it many times.

I can also complain about how many Storm wizards have taken me out in one hit.
I can really complain on Fire, as the Genie has hit me more than once, for over 5000 in one hit.

I could complain and point the same type of points, but I see what KI has done.

The Life Amulet helps all Wizards, but now the Storm Amulet has really helped Life. The Myth Amulet is helping many schools, including Balance, Storm, Life, Death, etc.

Why do you think each School had certain defenses and certain level of attack.
Whey do you think certain Wizaards have certain Pip level and certain accuracy specs? Do you think that KI just rolled the dice on these values?

All programmers have a taken a ton of math in college, they know exactly how to Balance the wizards. How do I know this, my Dad was a programmer for over 15 years.
No question they are adjusting this all the time, as they have the real data of what is happening in W101. Since few people keep track of who has beaten them, who has lost to them, people just put their feelings into these posts, which I am here to counter.

I'll bet you have never taken the time to do the math to see how Balanced the Wizards really are, just tell me if I'm wrong.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
It seems like every school that's good in PVP is overpowered, doesn't it? First it was Storm, then Death, at one point it was Balance and Fire, then Life, and now Ice? Im waiting for someone to drop a 'minion theory' so that Myth can join the party, too. Oh, wait, that's everybody, then...

Historian
May 01, 2010
lol those are the exact reasons i love battling ice! htey have moster health resist the whole package, except for attack. also, yes they have 5 blades, but thats 5 turns they have to use them, and by then you will have SOME attack that you can do right? and with the heartsteel, thier pp(power pip)% is way lowso they cannot attack any time soon, same deal is with the crafted ring and amulet.

ice is a defensive school, a school of patience. fire and storm are offensive schools, they can attack hard and fast. life is a endurance type of school, they can heal themselves and others almost at will. balance is well a balanced school, they rely on patience to win battles death is like balance and life combined, their attacks are low, so they need patience to make them strong, while healing themselves at it. myth is basically smack dab in the middle, moderate everything, they rely on thier minions to overwhelm oppoments.

those are all of the schools and what they are good at in my eyes they are balanced, no school is overpowered.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
I am ice and we have disadvantages.
Lets see. Power pip percentage, weak spells, no healing spells, bad accuracy.
The reason we have high health is cause we're not overkill like storm!
The person that came up with this should have done, storm in pvp!

Historian
May 01, 2010
iceking355 wrote:

no they shouldnt have, storm and ice are the two extremes, defense and offense (in my head its like a numberline with all the schools on it, myth in middle, and storm on the bottom and ice at the positive side, the two extremes.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
iceking355 wrote:

no they shouldnt have, storm and ice are the two extremes, defense and offense (in my head its like a numberline with all the schools on it, myth in middle, and storm on the bottom and ice at the positive side, the two extremes.

Slammer,

I see two numberlines, one where ice is at the top, health and Defense.
The other where Ice is at or near the bottom, attaack, pips, and Accuracy.
Put both lines together and Ice is right in the middle, just like every other school.
Please take a look at how hard your school hits, what it's accuracy and Power Pip ratings, defensem, healing, etc, are, plus it's critical rating. Then average all of the factors, and see were each school is on the number line.
This is exacty what I have been doing since this whole topic was started.
I have been looking for a area that either proved that Ice was over powered, or wasn't.
If I could see where it was overpowered, I would eat my words and admit it, but I can't. To date, I am still unable to prove that Ice is overpowered or underpowered, they all end up almost exactly even.

I have seen very one sided postings, but these postings don't use any facts or just show some of the facts. I just ingore these, as they don't prove anything in my mind.

If you can show me the math, that proves that Ice is overpowered, I will join your side in a heartbeat.

(PS: Nicitas, I so agree with you, I had to start laughing when I read that.)

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
ice wizard are hard to melt and hard to break if you do like it make a new wizard that ice

Daniel Watercaster
-ice wizard

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I'm legitimately offended, I was ice warlord during dragonspyre and i hate being an ice warlord why does every other school get an advantage. Health isnt an advantage i'm just dying slower, think of this if i'm doing little damage and storm is just blasting me with whatever spell he wants that will always do at least a thousand he is still going to win. And I rarely see ice warlords unless they are being use to mass shield in 4v4s. If you say ice is to over powered your just lazy lol because anyone can beat an ice, you dont even need a strategy i see it all the time. Because all my ice friends are veteran or below. We are such a joke there is a taunt on our spell. Look at our new Wintertusk spells to. Other schools get spoiled we get laughed at consider yourself lucky...

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
Complaining will not get you anywhere, i'm sorry to say that you have probably chosen the wrong school... Maybe if you go to the bazaar you may be able to get some armor that is ice even though you probably arent ice.. maybe on your next wizard choose ice

Alexandria
lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Why would you care LiamIzJing? Ice needs those advantages. It is hard to solo in the game with the attacks so we ice wizards need to be better at something. It helps us. So plz just stop complaining about ice!