Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wand and Deck Layout

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I've always found it frustrating that the wand spell is mixed in with your other spells in your deck. As the wand isn't really a spell, in my mind, but magic from the wand itself.

My suggestion is this: another slot be added to the deck display, or one of the existing slots used, and it would be dedicated to the wand. Although I really think it would be optimal to have your deck choices and then a button added (next to discard) that says 'wand'.

That way you won't run into the situation of getting dealt all wands and have to discard them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:
I've always found it frustrating that the wand spell is mixed in with your other spells in your deck. As the wand isn't really a spell, in my mind, but magic from the wand itself.

My suggestion is this: another slot be added to the deck display, or one of the existing slots used, and it would be dedicated to the wand. Although I really think it would be optimal to have your deck choices and then a button added (next to discard) that says 'wand'.

That way you won't run into the situation of getting dealt all wands and have to discard them.

You are absolutely correct and I love this idea! Another place for wand only card, so that you can always opt to use your wand at any time. Brilliant!

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
This is valid idea but since it is an item shouldn't all items fit in this "slot"? And since that would give you instant access to those over your deck spells why not include the treasure cards in this seconday "deck" or only show 3 in that slot. But I do like the concept.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

I'd love to be able to use my wand (and actually my pet as well) when I choose to and not have to either wait for the card to show up or have nothing but wand cards show up when I'm choosing an attack...

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

You are absolutely correct and I love this idea! Another place for wand only card, so that you can always opt to use your wand at any time. Brilliant!

Couldn't of said it any better.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Tragamite wrote:
This is valid idea but since it is an item shouldn't all items fit in this "slot"? And since that would give you instant access to those over your deck spells why not include the treasure cards in this seconday "deck" or only show 3 in that slot. But I do like the concept.

I don't think I'd want the treasure cards mixed in. That would kind of defeat the purpose of what I was going for. Sometimes you just want to use a wand. Either to build pips or break an annoying shield. Lady Luck always seems to give me wands exactly when I don't need them and then I have to discard them all.

Really I was just thinking that the wand should work as an alternative to casting a regular spell. Either cast something from your deck (regular, item, or treasure), use your wand, or pass.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Tragamite wrote:

I would have to say no most items excluding wands and the starter wands have spells already available in your deck. But instead of a second hand per say, i would like to see is a wand attack button with a counter showing how many uses it has left beside it.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:
Tragamite wrote:

I don't think I'd want the treasure cards mixed in. That would kind of defeat the purpose of what I was going for. Sometimes you just want to use a wand. Either to build pips or break an annoying shield. Lady Luck always seems to give me wands exactly when I don't need them and then I have to discard them all.

Really I was just thinking that the wand should work as an alternative to casting a regular spell. Either cast something from your deck (regular, item, or treasure), use your wand, or pass.

How about we just let us pick whatever spell we want when we want it. Okay. Thats bassically what you suggesting. This game is supposed to be hard. Get used to it.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:
Gelwyn wrote:
Tragamite wrote:

How about we just let us pick whatever spell we want when we want it. Okay. Thats bassically what you suggesting.

No, I'm not suggesting that at all. Being able to pick any card from your deck exactly when you wanted it would totally ruin gameplay.

My suggestion is that the wand be pulled from the deck and be used as what it is, a wand attack. I should specify, I mean the more advanced wands that have the zero pip attack spells.

You would be able to use a spell (deck), your wand, or pass.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:
How about we just let us pick whatever spell we want when we want it. Okay. Thats bassically what you suggesting. This game is supposed to be hard. Get used to it.

How is having the wand separate from the deck going to have that significant of an impact on game play? The only way this could possibly be abused is in PvP (which is a whole different kettle of fish and there are ways to limit my idea for PvP).

I also didn't make this suggestion because the game is too 'hard'. I don't have any issues playing the game at all. That doesn't mean things can't be tweaked.

If you would like to reply with some negatives that my idea would have to game play, please feel free. However, trying to belittle me with the insinuation that I find the game 'too hard' is not acceptable. They have a term for that - forum troll.

Personally, it is more logical to me that the wand be separated from the deck. It's not a spell that had to be learned, so why should it logically be mixed in with the spells that do have to be learned? It is magic inherent in the wand. Just like the 'may cast' spells that pets can learn, which is magic inherent in the pet.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

How is having the wand separate from the deck going to have that significant of an impact on game play? The only way this could possibly be abused is in PvP (which is a whole different kettle of fish and there are ways to limit my idea for PvP).

I also didn't make this suggestion because the game is too 'hard'. I don't have any issues playing the game at all. That doesn't mean things can't be tweaked.

If you would like to reply with some negatives that my idea would have to game play, please feel free. However, trying to belittle me with the insinuation that I find the game 'too hard' is not acceptable. They have a term for that - forum troll.

Personally, it is more logical to me that the wand be separated from the deck. It's not a spell that had to be learned, so why should it logically be mixed in with the spells that do have to be learned? It is magic inherent in the wand. Just like the 'may cast' spells that pets can learn, which is magic inherent in the pet.

Well if you like it the way it is dont change it. YOu know what they say, If it isnt broke dont fix it.