Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another PvP Scenario

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Due to a request, I am giving out another PvP Scenario, tell me what you think!

Team #1

Myth, Storm, Myth, Fire

Team #2

Storm, Ice, Life, Balance

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
For the first team, since there are no Theurgists, Thaumaturges, or Sorcerers (the backbone of defense), I'd hit hard as soon as possible to keep the other team on the offensive. I'd target the opponent's Theurgist first, then take out the Sorcerer before he could use Helping Hands to revive them. After that, I'd observe to see which of the two took Ice as a secondary, and target them (if neither of them did, then I'd target the Diviner to cut their offensive abilities). The Diviner on my team would stack Blades on himself, and put Storm Traps on the Theurgist and Sorcerer. They would then use AoE Spells, such as Tempest or Storm Lord (the Stun from this would be handy). The Pyromancer would use DoTs prolifically to continuously weaken the enemy. When too many Shields got in the way and/or the opponents have a lot of Blades, one of the Conjurers would cut loose with an Earthqukae that they'd keep on hand.

For team two, The Theurgist is the primary healer, with secondary healing on the Sorcerer. The latter Wizard would also be in charge of placing triple Shields, Blades, and Traps, and cutting loose with a Judgement or Hydra if the opponents have a lot of Shields up (Judge to bypass them, Hydra to remove them). Ice would place Shields up too, along with Blades and Traps for their own Spells. Storm would be partially responsible for boosting his attacks. With the blocking, healing, and buffing duties shared, all members can afford to attack. The two Conjurers, with the ability to reverse the shielding and buffing process, would be targeted first (all four people would target one, then the other, going for whichever goes before the other first). After that, the bothersome Pyromancer's DoTs would be neutralized. Finally, Storm would fall.

I'd say, given the wider range of possibilties, team two would have a better chance of winning.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Team #1

Myth, Storm, Myth, Fire

Team #2

I was going to wait to post this, but, I read something and I wanted people to seriously think about this.

Myth 1 Blades
Storm Blades
Myth 2 Blades
Fire Stuns All

Myth 1 Earthquakes
Storm Treasure Blades
Myth 2 Stuns All
Fire Blades

Myth 1 Blades
Storm casts Storm Lord or Blades again
Myth 2 Earthquakes
Fire Stuns all

Myth 1 uses Gargantuan Froggy
Storm uses Storm lord, or Tempest if he storm lorded last round
Myth 2 uses G. Froggy
Fire casts Meteor Strike or Fire Dragon

Now, if team 2 never makes a move or is able to cast a shield, do you think they could live through all those attacks?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Team #1

Myth, Storm, Myth, Fire

Team #2

I was going to wait to post this, but, I read something and I wanted people to seriously think about this.

Myth 1 Blades
Storm Blades
Myth 2 Blades
Fire Stuns All

Myth 1 Earthquakes
Storm Treasure Blades
Myth 2 Stuns All
Fire Blades

Myth 1 Blades
Storm casts Storm Lord or Blades again
Myth 2 Earthquakes
Fire Stuns all

Myth 1 uses Gargantuan Froggy
Storm uses Storm lord, or Tempest if he storm lorded last round
Myth 2 uses G. Froggy
Fire casts Meteor Strike or Fire Dragon

Now, if team 2 never makes a move or is able to cast a shield, do you think they could live through all those attacks?

I... I thought the point of these "PvP Scenario" threads was to let us AVOID opinions and just test our strategizing skills.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
My apologies FoxFyr, it is. I was just stating another option and something to think about. I did not mean to state you were wrong or anything, not everyone thinks about chain stuns. I was just trying to get the topic moving and see what others thought about this scenario.

I did not mean you were wrong in any way or that your strategy was not viable.