Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank 9 Spells

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I made some minor changes to the spells. Tell me what you think:

Fire: Chimera (80% accuracy; deals 905-925 to all enemies over three rounds): A mountain rises from the ground, geysers spouting fire. As the large center geyser spouts, the flames form the shape of the chimera. It approaches the target as the lioness, goat, and snake all take a deep breath and breath fire at the target.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 695 and shields all allies): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. Tower shields appear in everyone's shield queue.

Storm: Siren (70% accuracy; deals 970-995 to all enemies): A fog covers the field and the most wonderful melody is sung. As the fog clears, you see a woman in a tan dress sitting on a rock in the middle of an ocean, her arms behind her and her hair covering her face. She looks over at the camera, hair still covering half of her face as she continues singing. She then lets out a bloodcurdling scream, which dissipates the fog and holds up her hands, which are revealed to be claws. She then jumps from the rock in slow motion and scratches the target repeatedly, then jumps back to the rock.

Balance: Sphinx (85% accuracy; deals 730 and adds two Hex traps): a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 700 or an ally to heal 700): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy: deals 845 and prevents the enemy from casting shields for three rounds): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature cloaked in a long white blanket emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as its eyes shine brighter, and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray.

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 875-900 and adds Infection to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in silver armor and riding a black horse, her raven hair flowing in the wind. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target. She continues doing this until all the enemies have been smited

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Heh heh... yeah, getting that erased was awful.

Anyway, I thought you hated volc*noes. The Chimera animation bears great resemblance to an erup*ion, at least initially.

Also, about Siren... how big are the claws? If they're passable for normal hands, using them to deal damage might not seem reasonable. These claws should be huge, like four times the size of normal hands, and clearly pointed.

Thirdly, you refer to Zephyr and the Valkyrie simply as such. Could we get a more detailed description?

Other than those, I really have little quarrel.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Awesome, love it! Good effects too. These are definitely on my wish list for new spells. :D

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:

Anyway, I thought you hated volc*noes. The Chimera animation bears great resemblance to an erup*ion, at least initially.

I guess that was my inadvertant nod to the overused-spell-idea-that-shall-not-be-named. It was all I could think of and I don't think I wanna change it now. Is there anything wrong with it besides the fact that it made me look a little hypocritical?

Also, about Siren... how big are the claws? If they're passable for normal hands, using them to deal damage might not seem reasonable. These claws should be huge, like four times the size of normal hands, and clearly pointed.

Whoa! Wait a second...before you were concerned about how vicious the attack seemed. Now you're saying she needs Freddy Krueger hands? Where has this FoxFyr been? Anyway, I was thinking reasonably large claws so that they're still clearly sharp and deadly, but she can still hide them behind her back. I used the sirens from God of War as reference.

Thirdly, you refer to Zephyr and the Valkyrie simply as such. Could we get a more detailed description?

Oh...I never noticed that. I'll fix that right away.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:

I guess that was my inadvertant nod to the overused-spell-idea-that-shall-not-be-named. It was all I could think of and I don't think I wanna change it now. Is there anything wrong with it besides the fact that it made me look a little hypocritical?

No.

Whoa! Wait a second...before you were concerned about how vicious the attack seemed. Now you're saying she needs Freddy Krueger hands? Where has this FoxFyr been? Anyway, I was thinking reasonably large claws so that they're still clearly sharp and deadly, but she can still hide them behind her back. I used the sirens from God of War as reference.

This FoxFyr has been at FYE, purchasing A Nightmare on Elm Street and assorted fight anime. (Also, the music score from Robin Hood.)

The other FoxFyr finds this okay too, as it dehumanizes the Siren.

Oh...I never noticed that. I'll fix that right away.

Well, I think I can infer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Valkyrie would be an armored woman on a horse or other steed (black horse, of course, of course, as it is a Death Spell). Raven haired, with dull armor with silver highlights? Am I getting there?

I... can't think of how to portray Zephyr. I looked it up, but... Greek classical art. We'll have to improvise.

Historian
May 01, 2010
i love all the spells except the fire, fire doesn't really need another scald-type spell. the only use for that spell is really to get shields off(which frankly we would just use scald) could you either make it all damage straight out, no DoT, or initial hit then DoT at least

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
AngelSpark879 wrote:
Awesome, love it! Good effects too. These are definitely on my wish list for new spells. :D

For my fellow myth wizards out there, i dont think they want a boogeyman, not that uh adept, could be a secret low level spell to add in marleybone with less damage, but for wintertusk, i think they want a Basilisk(gigantic snake) or a viking (grizzleheim warrior with axe) or a God (Ares god of war) or even a creature from greek times, not a imaginary dancing monster. with a little more damage, because conjurers are a bit on the weak side right now, like 895-950, that would be good, and your other spells are really thought out, well played. The basilisk would gather snake venom in its tail and teeth like red wisps, then it attacks with its tail taking away all shields and blades, then it attacks with its teeth doing 895-950 damage. The viking would Hurl a double sided axe at all enemies doing 750 damage and stun. Ares would Malterialize a Giant Sword that he attacks with after Creating Large Yellow wisps that he hurls at you taking away all shields and traps, Dealing 975 damage, and a new one i thought of, Werewolf, howls at the moon creating an erie red light in its mouth, it shoots it at all enemies doing 100 damage, then it charges at all enemies, it gets on 2 legs and Then get down on 4 and bites all enemies doing 900 damage. Lemme know which one you like the best and make sure the Author of this topic sees it.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bigshotgun wrote:
For my fellow myth wizards out there, i dont think they want a boogeyman, not that uh adept, could be a secret low level spell to add in marleybone with less damage, but for wintertusk, i think they want a Basilisk(gigantic snake) or a viking (grizzleheim warrior with axe) or a God (Ares god of war) or even a creature from greek times, not a imaginary dancing monster. with a little more damage, because conjurers are a bit on the weak side right now, like 895-950, that would be good, and your other spells are really thought out, well played. The basilisk would gather snake venom in its tail and teeth like red wisps, then it attacks with its tail taking away all shields and blades, then it attacks with its teeth doing 895-950 damage. The viking would Hurl a double sided axe at all enemies doing 750 damage and stun. Ares would Malterialize a Giant Sword that he attacks with after Creating Large Yellow wisps that he hurls at you taking away all shields and traps, Dealing 975 damage, and a new one i thought of, Werewolf, howls at the moon creating an erie red light in its mouth, it shoots it at all enemies doing 100 damage, then it charges at all enemies, it gets on 2 legs and Then get down on 4 and bites all enemies doing 900 damage. Lemme know which one you like the best and make sure the Author of this topic sees it.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure any of these ideas work. The Basilisk idea is coming off very Lightning Snake, it wouldn't make sense to have a Viking attack and a Valkyrie attack since Valkyries come from Viking folklore, it wouldn't look good to have two attacks from the same mythology like Zephyr and Ares, and Werewolf looks like Amarok and Orthrus combined. Your suggested damage is way too high for Myth; the school is all about minions, which is why it's not supposed to be very strong.