Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Scenario!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, here is a PvP Scenario, who do you think will win?

Team # 1, goes first:

Has 3 Legendary Ice and 1 Legendary Life Character

Team #2, goes second obviously:

Has 2 Legendary Storm, 1 Legendary Life, and 1 Legendary Balance

Yes, this scenario has many different outcomes, depending on the strategies of each team and what is played, but I want to hear what your opinion is and what you would do with each team to win!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, here is a PvP Scenario, who do you think will win?

Team # 1, goes first:

Has 3 Legendary Ice and 1 Legendary Life Character

Team #2, goes second obviously:

Has 2 Legendary Storm, 1 Legendary Life, and 1 Legendary Balance

Yes, this scenario has many different outcomes, depending on the strategies of each team and what is played, but I want to hear what your opinion is and what you would do with each team to win!

This was a great idea darthjt. The 3 Ice would Frost Giant and two of them would Snow Angel. They would spam their Towers on the Life. The Life would then either Dispel team two's Life, heal or attack. The two Legendary Storm would Storm lord the following round, but the Ice would already have a Fire and Storm shield. -70, -75, -85, -50, about 12 damage. But if the first Storm got rid of the shields, the second one would do 2000! But -1000 because of their resist and shields. 1000 still good enough. Stunned, unless blocked or conviction. Then the Life would Rebirth of Forest Lord, personally Life is for healing, so I'd say Rebirth unless your enemies are close to losing. Balance, you must finish this up! Critical Enchanted SandStorm, or finish with the Big Ol' Bird, Ra!!! So with some more thought team two could easily out win team one!

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Well, it would be almost a tie, by Team 2 might win. Considering two storms with Storm Lords and Leviathan, they can kill. The Life will heal and probably get rid of most of the tower shields, whereas Balance will buff the Storms, and get rid of the Towers too.

On the other side, the Ice wizards would be attempting to use Tower and Snow Angels, the one Life would be healing. However, Leviathan from Team 2 that is boosted with Storm Blade, Elemental Blade, Balanceblade, Bladestorm, Hex, and Elemental Trap, the Life would die, leaving the three Ice's cornered.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Well, with the first team, I would have the Theurgist be in charge of Healing, and make the Thaumaturges protect them the most. The three could easily survive with their Shields and the Theurgist's Heals, and with their IceBlades and IceTraps, not to mention the boost from Gear, their Attacks would be formidable. I'd prefer if they used and even mix of DoTs and single attacks (the first to wear them down and the second to have a base to work with). I'd target the opponent's Theurgist, using StealWard freely. The Sorcerer would be next (again, StealWard, and prolific use of TowerShield), followed by the low-Health Diviners. Since Health is not a high concern here, I'd encourage them to go on the offensive rather early.

For the second team, I'd make protection of the Theurgist and Sorcerer (the source of most of the Shields, Blades, Traps, and Heals) a high priority. While the Sorcerer protected and boosted the Diviners, they would in turn place ThermicShield on the Theurgist (and, of course, themselves - this would stack Shields versus the enemy Thaumaturges). Meanwhile, the Sorcerer could save up for an occasional hard-hitting Hydra (which would take out multiple TowerShields at once). Heal Spells from the Theurgist (and the Sorcerer - HelpingHands) should be cast on any with low Health, especially since the enemy can strike before them. In terms of offense, I'd target the Theurgist first, then get to work on the Thaumaturges in ascending order of maximum Health.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Nice scenario! This would actually be a pretty sweet battle to watch.

It would definitely be a long battle if the Legendary Theurges and their Rebirths have any say in the matter. If Team 2's Diviners gang up and trounce Team 1's Theurge early on, the scale could tip in their favor. Team 2's Sorcerer could offer shield-and-blade support, jabbing the other team with Ra whenever a chance arose, while Team 2's own Theurge could act as the guerilla medic, striking quick, decisive blows and wearing down the three Thaumaturges, while countering their Ice Angels and Frost Giants with Rebirths, if possible.

On the other hand, two of Team 1's Thaumaturges could spam Collosus and break down Team 2's Theurge, while the other attempted to protect their own Theurge with Tower Shields.

It's hard to say exactly who would win in such a situation as this. The win would rely heavily on the fatal Criticals and fizzles. One good Crit would make the game and one-ill-timed fizzle could break the game. The outcome all depends on who Lady Luck shines upon more brightly.

I wish I could see this battle in-game, though. That would be epic to watch. for sure! :D :D :D

Historian
May 01, 2010
team 1 wins, the reason is, most ice nowadays can heal right?
so then they have to be taken out at the same time which will have the other team pulling their hair out

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
team 1 wins, the reason is, most ice nowadays can heal right?
so then they have to be taken out at the same time which will have the other team pulling their hair out

While everyone posted very interesting strategies and formulated what each team should do, here is one post that clearly states a winner!

I want to ask this though, what if this happens:

Team 1
casts shields or blades

Team 2
1st storm puts treasure blade on storm 2
2nd storm puts storm blade on self
life shields or uses conviction
balance uses donate pips on storm 2

Team 1
blades, conviction, or shields: most will blade due to possible attack next round, maybe 1 or 2 will use conviction!

Team 2
Storm 1 uses storm wand on any storm shields
Life or balance will use storm wands, depending on order, or will blade self or blade storm 2, or use conviction!
storm 2 uses storm lord with Gargantuan

Team 1
Who is not stunned either attacks or shields

Team 2
If not attacked or stunned the rest will attack

Each possible scenario has different possible outcomes, this truly shows how strategy plays a part in who will win and who will lose. Anything can happen in PvP, best thing to do, is be prepared for anything!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
This is a nice thread you have here, darth. You ever think about extending it? You know, giving us more scenarios to critique? It would certainly be a nice break from all the whining and complaining that plagues this forum and give us a chance to put our strategic and analytical skill to the test.