Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Trading Cards

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
I think it would be awesome to have Wizard101 trading cards! Don't you? I saw all these kids in my school with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and Pokemon cards, and I got the idea of Wizard101 trading cards. Here's how it would work:

1. Each card pack has 9 cards (random cards, but some are more rare than others).

2. Packs will be sorted by school (for example, Fire Pack). They only consist of attacks. But, lower attacks are less rare than others.

Example: It would be WAY more likely to get a Fire Elf than an Efreet in a Fire Pack.

3. Shiels, Blades, and Traps would have their own card packets (but also be random, yet some are more rare than other's, too.).

Example: You open a Trap Pack and get- 2 Fire Traps, 1 Elemental Trap (which would be pretty rare), 1 Myth Trap, 1 Windstorm (very rare), 2 Life Traps, and 2 Ice Traps.

4. Special kinds of spells like Tranquilizes, Converts, Taunts, Stuns, Steals, Accuracy Damagers, Despells, and Global Spells (like Wildfire) would all be hidden in all of the different kinds of packs, yet be not easy nor hard to find in one.

Example: You could find a Fire Prism somewhere in a Death Pack.

5. The Astral Schools would have their own packs.

Example: Moon Pack.

6. Treasure Cards would be hidden in all of the kinds of packs. There would be regular cards in Treasure Card form (like a Heck Hound in TC form), and TC-only cards (like Ninja Pig). Treasure Cards would be EXTREMELY rare to get and would really give a battle advantage.

Example: It would be a 1 in 100 chance to get a Forest Lord Treasure Card.

7. Card Packs would have a special card in it with a code on it. You could enter the code at Wizard101.com and it would give you 5 Tresure Cards on the actual game.

I hope KI will consider this!

5. Astral Schools would each

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Dude, I TOTALLY agree with you. I would love to have W101 trading cards. However, I don't think that there should be entire pack devoted to blades and shields. I think it should be totally random what you get. Like, if you buy a pack, you should get maybe a couple of blades/shields and a couple of attack cards. But overall, I LOVE the idea. I hope KI reads this and makes this idea real.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
i think thats an epic idea i spend all my free time on wizard101 so yea but i want some wizard101 trading cards so i can duel people irl awesome idea kingsisle plz make them :D :D :D

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Its a good idea, but you cant add all the math and percentages to a card came. So they would have to simplify the card game. So it wouldnt be exactly like the wizards101 you know and love

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Also they need to have fizzle cards too. It's part of the game. When they draw that card, it needs to be immeditly played.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
amajuoyi12 wrote:
Its a good idea, but you cant add all the math and percentages to a card came. So they would have to simplify the card game. So it wouldnt be exactly like the wizards101 you know and love

Yeah, we'd need calculators to play. It would be kinda like this...

Player 1: *gets Fireblade* Okay... *starts using calculator* Let's see... add 35% to 565... *presses wrong button* Oh, OH MY GOD!

Player 2: How many pips do I have?

Player 3: How much HP do I have?

Player 4: Do we even have Mana in this game?

Player 5: Has my Spirit Armor absorbed 400 yet?

Player 6: How the heck do you split 32 into 3 rounds?

See? It would be chaos... I'm sure someone would find a way.