Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Lotus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I am doing the DragonSpyre "Ring of Apotheosis" crafting quest, and I'm having tons of trouble finding Black Lotus. I know that they are in MooShu, but I have been searching for hours with no luck. Anyone know if there is a really good place to find them or any tips on how? Please help!!!!!!

Delver
May 26, 2009
kitzel wrote:
I am doing the DragonSpyre "Ring of Apotheosis" crafting quest, and I'm having tons of trouble finding Black Lotus. I know that they are in MooShu, but I have been searching for hours with no luck. Anyone know if there is a really good place to find them or any tips on how? Please help!!!!!!

There are 11 black lotus spawns in Tatakai Outpost. They are in the deeper half, near Hingen.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Did you try the bazaar also? I should be doing mooshu again with my death wizard soon so I can tell you.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
kitzel wrote:

First tip, and it really seems critical...don't look at peak player times. It is the number of players looking that make your task difficult. On on peak times you can harvest 60 lotus/hr with realm shifting.

Other than that, just know spawn sites, and pick an area with at least 4 spawn sites.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
One area to check is the Ancient Burial Ground - the area near Tamauji and Jikiru.

Search at the end of the road near the building by checking around the cart on one side of the road and the rock on the other and then switching realms. In a very short time you will collect black lotus and black pearl.

Also check out the Bazaar

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Search low pop realms.
They're usually at the end of paths, around carts and buildings in mooshu.
Realm jump a LOT.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
kitzel wrote:

Go to Tatakai Outpost. Run the streets there and you will fond them. :)

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Well, if you face the moodah (giant cow statue) and look to your left, there is a bell tower. Behind the bell tower is a spawn point for a black lotus. They are also common in the floating land of celestia (3rd? area) otherwise i have heard rumors about there being a lot in the tree of life dungeon. Good luck and it is an irritating quest but wait for the others to come... (especially annoying when you sell the items.... )

Historian
May 01, 2010
kitzel wrote:

hey, if you have a legend friend that has access to cl floating land, there is a great route there, i will explain.

if you go over to where the blimp is, if you face where the waterfall is, there is a dirt path to the right if you go around the loop there are a bunch of lotus around, and once you get back to the start, switch realms, you will get a lot, but it takes a lot of patience (i almost pulled my hair out searching for the 40 black lotus

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Okay thanks so much to all of you!! I'll definitely check all those places out!! Hopefully I won't end up ripping my hair out in total frustration!! :D

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
Don't forget, you can also purchase the recipes to transmute black lotus and such. If you're like me and grab up every reagent you see on a regular basis, you should have a good stock of deep mushrooms and such so you can craft your own lotus.

Hero
May 27, 2009
The best place to go when you've tried all the rest is the Tree of Life instance. It's all yours without any competition.