Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
Today I just leveled up to level 54. I got some new clothes from the bazaar and made a few changes to my stats. I now have 107% critical and 100% block (both are balance) and so I wanted to try them out with a pvp. I got in a few rounds and when I attacked (for the 3rd or 4th time) it didn't go critical.

I'm not sure if there are any rules on this? Any answers please respond.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
If you ever read the update notes when they brought the critical hit and block into the game, you'll see that the number you have in these categories are NOT percentages, they are simply numbers!
Therefore, you do NOT have 107% accuracy, you merely have a better chance of hitting critical than if you had 30.
I seem to remember the max number being 500, but that may just have been someone's theory.
I believe the % system is on its way out for the rest of our stats anyway, it is extremely limiting when it comes to expansion.
Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
haha now I get it but it's still weird to me that it is so decieving and the fact that you cant really see what the clothes give you. Thanks for your response!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Rogtim wrote:

I believe the % system is on its way out for the rest of our stats anyway, it is extremely limiting when it comes to expansion.
Rogan Firehammer

O_O Are you suggesting the whole critical system is going to smother all our other stats as well?

-__- Well I guess this might help with the crazy percent stacks on resist and attacks.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Wizjedi8 wrote:
haha now I get it but it's still weird to me that it is so decieving and the fact that you cant really see what the clothes give you. Thanks for your response!

You can see percentages by going into your character screen (press C) and then hover the mouse over your critical and critical block. You'll get a sense of actual percentages. FYI, critical is based on 500, and critical block is based on 400. So, For critical block of 100, that is a 25% chance to block (and with a score like that, probably only for one school of magic). 107 for critical would be about 21% chance to critical.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
If you open your wizards stats (hit c) and on the page with resists, damage etc. you can scroll over your crit block and rate with your mouse and it should tell you a percent.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Those numbers are not percentages. Basically, a 66 Critical is only 15%! You can see the percentages by rolling over your stats thing, and you'll be surprised by how low they are.

Also, high damage attacks are harder to critical than lower damage attacks.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
That's not your percent critical that's you RATING. Ya thats what i thought when i got my critical gear i think they should change it to a percent.