Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

obsidian chest quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
when i was doing the obsidian chest quest for dragonspyre i got to the area in moo shu's ancient burial ground and realized i dont have access to the house the chest is in, can you guys update it so we have access to do the quest on our own? (i'm a life student)

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
If you do not have access to the house then I think you have missed a quest in Moo Shu. You will have to explore and find out what you missed.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Did you find out how to get into the building? I have the same issue, and I do not know what I might have missed to allow me to get intot the building. Is what I supposedly missed in the Ancient Burial Ground, or somewhere else in Mooshu? I have not more quest items for Mooshu.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I also encountered the same problem with this obsidian chest in Ancient Burial but fortunately I was able to figure out what I am lacking of. If you're having problem with obsidian chest in Ancient Burial, specifically lacking of access in the house where the chest is supposed to be, you might not finished ALL the Mossback quest. You may want to check back whether you finished it by simply following this Mossback quest list :)

MOSSBACK QUEST

I'm Cursed (1675 XP)
- Collect 6 Cursed Stones from Corrupted Earth Spirit
Rock On (186 gold, 2215 XP)
- Bring stones to Hakaru Yip then return to Mossback

Location: Kishibe Village (must complete Mossback's quest at Cave of Solitude first)
Wear Your Gloves (1 gold, 1880 XP)
- Collect 10 Diseased Water from Diseased Water Spirits

Location: Shirataki Temple (must complete Mossback's quest at Kishibe Village first)
I'm Cured (196 gold, 2410 XP)
- Talk to Wavebringer

Location: Ancient BurialGrounds (must complete Mossback's quest at Shirataki Temple first)
Distressed Earth (775 XP)
- Gather 8 Corrupted Earth
Forest Foray (200 gold, 2535 XP)
- Talk to Crazed Forest Spirit

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
all of my quests were done although maybe not in order. at any rate noone will talk to me of the mossbacks. My obsidian chest quest is at an impass and I cannot go any further in the game. Also my books in mooshu stopped at "the return of the emperor" instead of what it was supposed to. I cannot go further in it either. I killed the oni there again just to see if it would help. It didn't. Is there a fix for either of these? I have subscribed and bought crowns and everything just to reach this end? HELP PLEASE

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
whoshkamomma wrote:
all of my quests were done although maybe not in order. at any rate noone will talk to me of the mossbacks. My obsidian chest quest is at an impass and I cannot go any further in the game. Also my books in mooshu stopped at "the return of the emperor" instead of what it was supposed to. I cannot go further in it either. I killed the oni there again just to see if it would help. It didn't. Is there a fix for either of these? I have subscribed and bought crowns and everything just to reach this end? HELP PLEASE

I was under the impression I too finished all of the mossback quests, but just to double check I looked for all of the mossbacks (locations above by myocardium01 are wonderful, thanks man) and sure enough I missed one, did the quest line, now I'm done with that blasted obsidian chest quest.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Myocardium U R DA WIZARD!!!!! We followed your advice found the quest we missed woked through ir. WOOT we are on our way. Thanks ever so.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
when i talk to mossback, he doesnt have a quest and i am positive i didnt do those quest!

all he says, is,

Spirits... at unrest... Disturbing!

plz help me!

-wondering wizard

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
myocardium01 wrote:
I also encountered the same problem with this obsidian chest in Ancient Burial but fortunately I was able to figure out what I am lacking of. If you're having problem with obsidian chest in Ancient Burial, specifically lacking of access in the house where the chest is supposed to be, you might not finished ALL the Mossback quest. You may want to check back whether you finished it by simply following this Mossback quest list :)

MOSSBACK QUEST

I'm Cursed (1675 XP)
- Collect 6 Cursed Stones from Corrupted Earth Spirit
Rock On (186 gold, 2215 XP)
- Bring stones to Hakaru Yip then return to Mossback

Location: Kishibe Village (must complete Mossback's quest at Cave of Solitude first)
Wear Your Gloves (1 gold, 1880 XP)
- Collect 10 Diseased Water from Diseased Water Spirits

Location: Shirataki Temple (must complete Mossback's quest at Kishibe Village first)
I'm Cured (196 gold, 2410 XP)
- Talk to Wavebringer

Location: Ancient BurialGrounds (must complete Mossback's quest at Shirataki Temple first)
Distressed Earth (775 XP)
- Gather 8 Corrupted Earth
Forest Foray (200 gold, 2535 XP)
- Talk to Crazed Forest Spirit

I just did what you said and I didn't miss anything but I still can't get into the room. Anything else that can help?
Thanks
Fire wizard
lvl 48
Rylee Boomdust