Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A flaming tin can elemental man!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I've noticed that there are a lot of fire wizards in the spiral . I know that fire is an extremely powerful class ! I also notice our level 28 minion is pretty weak . I know there are a lot of people who like using minions but I cant even rely on mine! I think he does look rather cool ... well sort of, but the best he can do is use a fire elf! I like that he can use sprite but I feel that its a bit weak. Heres a list of the minions best to worst from what my friends told me:

1st place: Death
2nd place: Balance :?
3rd place: Myth :|
4th place: Ice :x
5th place: Storm
6th place: Fire
7th place: Life

Fire is the second worst! I'm not asking for much but Kingsisle please give the fire minion these and i guess you can get rid of these teach them: Fire blade,fire bats,fire shark or sunbird

Get rid of: link,fire elf, and i guess sadly fire trap.

Do these and it would be worth using three pips to summon a flaming tin can elemental man!

Aaron Drakewalker Level 36
Fire wizard Secondary class:Balance

My goal is to become one of the strongest pyromancers in the spiral

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I've noticed that there are a lot of fire wizards in the spiral . I know that fire is an extremely powerful class ! I also notice our level 28 minion is pretty weak . I know there are a lot of people who like using minions but I cant even rely on mine! I think he does look rather cool ... well sort of, but the best he can do is use a fire elf! I like that he can use sprite but I feel that its a bit weak. Heres a list of the minions best to worst from what my friends told me:

1st place: Death
2nd place: Balance :?
3rd place: Myth :|
4th place: Ice :x
5th place: Storm
6th place: Fire
7th place: Life

Fire is the second worst! I'm not asking for much but Kingsisle please give the fire minion these and i guess you can get rid of these teach them: Fire blade,fire bats,fire shark or sunbird

Get rid of: link,fire elf, and i guess sadly fire trap.

Do these and it would be worth using three pips to summon a flaming tin can elemental man!

Aaron Drakewalker Level 36
Fire wizard Secondary class:Balance

My goal is to become one of the strongest pyromancers in the spiral

Your Fire Minion is not meant to be some super-powerful ally. It's meant to be a means of burning away your opponent's health. Have you noticed that the Fire Minion will only use DOT spells? It is designed like this. It is also designed to be a distraction. Here are the Fire Minion's observed spells:

Fire Elf (great for shield-breaking)
Link (another shield breaker that will help keep your Minion going)
Smokescreen (Good distraction card to hinder your enemy)
Sprite (Always nice to have a dotter AND a healer)
Fire Trap (The Minion's attempt to help YOU out.)

For only three pips, you're getting a lot of support! I think that Fire Minion should cost MORE for all the help you're getting with just these five cards he has, infinitely, might I add.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and -Insert Title Here-

Defender
May 11, 2009
I dont really know where i am on this issue. I do think the minions could be better, but it does help a bit. I think they should be smarter. They use fire elfs and stuff, and it eats up my traps. I think they should be a little better, maybe better spells

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Balance minion has to be the best thing about our entire class- he's not super-powerful, but he blades, shields, traps, gives pips, and even attacks on occasion (only swarms and sandstorms, but I'm not picky).

I also have the 3 elemental minions- the storm one is great, because he traps, attacks (sometimes), and heals (even rarer). Still, I wish that they would heal me instead of themselves.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
The Balance minion has to be the best thing about our entire class- he's not super-powerful, but he blades, shields, traps, gives pips, and even attacks on occasion (only swarms and sandstorms, but I'm not picky).

I also have the 3 elemental minions- the storm one is great, because he traps, attacks (sometimes), and heals (even rarer). Still, I wish that they would heal me instead of themselves.

Yeah, i know the water elemental is SO selfish.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is hijacking a thread or not, but you did change the subject. This thread is about the Fire Elemental Minion, so why are you talking about the Balance one?

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is hijacking a thread or not, but you did change the subject. This thread is about the Fire Elemental Minion, so why are you talking about the Balance one?
Yeah most minions need a upgrade 2 all be number one.Like minions should get better as you level up at legendary a fire wizards minion at legendary.Should have more health sunbird meteor strike fire bats and lava shark.And a fire blade and some shields and fire trap.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Yeah most minions need a upgrade 2 all be number one.Like minions should get better as you level up at legendary a fire wizards minion at legendary.Should have more health sunbird meteor strike fire bats and lava shark.And a fire blade and some shields and fire trap.

Can I direct you to my above post? As I've stated before, the minion is not meant to be super-powerful or improve as you gain levels. Each Minion has its appropriate purpose for its school. Plus, if Minions could improve as you level up, that would make Myth overpowered.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
At least it better then what it used to be. They should really add fire blade back though.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
sprite is a powerful minion i saw it use satyr before so it's not weak