Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lost lots of progress?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Well, I haven't played for a while, but one of the last things I did on my grand was defeat Malistaire, which means that I should be able to get the Celestia key. Instead I was back at the Chronius quest, and apparently need to do lots of quests again. Considering these quests aren't exactly super-easy solo, I'm a bit miffed. Anyone have a clue what happened?

Thank you in advance.

Administrator
We checked your account and you have not lost any quests or progress.

You've got the quest "Earn your Wings". You have yet to complete the quest "Final Countdown" which is the quest to defeat Malistaire.

Porting to a friend to defeat Malistaire does not mean you completed the quest and earned entry to Celestia.

Continue to follow the story line and complete the quests you're given and you will be in Celestia in no time at all. Keep in mind, Malistaire's dungeon has been adjusted so that players can solo it now, but as I said, unless you have the quest to defeat Malistaire, defeating him with a friend will not advance your progress.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Well, now I am extremely confused. At first I thought I remembered it wrong, and I had in some odd way simply thought I had done all the quests.
I did the Chronius quest, and was struck by how extremely familiar it was, but then I get the staff to forge, and am told to go become a Dragon rider. That's when I realized I wasn't simply imagining things, I have done that before. I am just super confused, but if I remember correctly there wasn't that much left to do after this one?
Btw, not sure if this matters or could possibly make a difference, but there was a "hickup" with my membership auto renewal not long after this would have happened.

Administrator
Your level 50 Balance Wizard has not completed the quests yet - you will need to complete the Final Countdown quest before you are given access to start your journey to Celestia.

You may have started the quests, but you did not finish them, young Wizard.
An audit of your character shows no loss of progression and no repeated quests, so you're right where you need to be to go kick Malistaire's behind!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Thank you for checking. Honestly, am more concerned about my sanity than having to (re)do any quests :D
I did have a question, when you find a rose, does it stay found regardless of how you got to the area it's in?
Thank you.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Eylisia wrote:
Well, now I am extremely confused. At first I thought I remembered it wrong, and I had in some odd way simply thought I had done all the quests.
I did the Chronius quest, and was struck by how extremely familiar it was, but then I get the staff to forge, and am told to go become a Dragon rider. That's when I realized I wasn't simply imagining things, I have done that before. I am just super confused, but if I remember correctly there wasn't that much left to do after this one?
Btw, not sure if this matters or could possibly make a difference, but there was a "hickup" with my membership auto renewal not long after this would have happened.

Do you ever do test realm? If so, did you finish it there? I beat several things in test realm and then had to do them again in live... Just a thought.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
Well, I just did Dragons Roost and Malistaire again, and I cannot pick up the rose. It is now red and does not let me "pick" it. What should I do about this?

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Eylisia wrote:

Do you ever do test realm? If so, did you finish it there? I beat several things in test realm and then had to do them again in live... Just a thought.

I only did test for pets, so no, but very good idea :o)

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Eylisia wrote:
Well, I just did Dragons Roost and Malistaire again, and I cannot pick up the rose. It is now red and does not let me "pick" it. What should I do about this?

Are you sure that you still need his stone rose?

There are "two" stone roses in Dragonspyre.

Open your quest log and see which one is still showing in your log file.

One is "Dragonspyre - in the Dragon's Roost". Go to Dragonspyre Academy and ride your battle dragon at Dragon Claw Ridge. As soon as you get off of the dragon, go into the large Circle Room with the Spirit Guardians (I think that was their name). You will see a "low wall" just to the left of the Spirit Guardians. Go around that wall, to the end of it, and the stone rose is in that little corner.

And one is "Dragonspyre - in the Crown of Fire". This one is in the room with Malistaire. Sounds like you already picked this one up, and you still need the one in Dragon's Roost.

Hope this helps.