Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is INDEED overpowered!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
o k the reason people dont wanna make a ice because they worked hard to be a legendary or a grandmaster just saying and i say there waaaaaaay overpowered 700 i think + 800 over three rounds to all foes + a taunt :x and i'm death so i do way weaker damage to 1 person i say its way not fair

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
doudjy wrote:
let me start off by saying that this is NOT a pvp complain or situation. so do NOT look at it this way.

First, I am grandmaster fire wizard. Kevin Fireheart (level 58_with efreet ). But this isnt about only about fire wizard. it's about every other school that I know, being the under dog compared to ice. Even though i am just level 58, i have been playing this game for over a year (yes!!). I stopped once for over three months. And i spent 2 months when i couldnt level up because i wasnt a member. In addition, college really keeps me busy. So I know this game a big deal!

AS stated before, this isnt a pvp problem, or situation. I do not pvp that much, I spent 98 percent of the game doing quests. And the other 2 percent chatting. Before celestia came out, and the level cap was added. I was proud to be a VERY proud to be a fire wizard. Even though, storm was told to be the school with the strongest spells, I always felt like fire was the most powerful school. (maybe that was just my pride). but in any case, outside of the game, KI (or people here) says that the schools are "balanced", and that there really no real "most powerful school". And I believed that was true. Not because i was told so, but because I experience it first hand. Ice had huge health and defense, but they lacked in strong spells and the ability to do strong damage, and it was the inverse for fire and storm wizard.

Now that new gears, level cap, spells, and world have been added to the game. There is no doubt that ice has become EXTREMELY overpowered at the expense of other school in the game, which is is really unfair to all of us who also pays to play

Before one starts bashing at me, and calling me complainers. stop for a minute! I am not pvp fan, this isnt a pvp issue. let's take an example. I have a very good ice friend in the game. we are the same level 58, and he always helps me. but hm let me give you our situation.

first, we thought that the game was balanced because even though ice had the highest amount of natural life, they also did the lowest damage. Storm could do huge damage, but their health was really really low. (i dont feel like stating every school, but you get the pic. Life low damage, but good health and ability to heal etc...).

Because ice has the highest natural health and defenses in the entire game, making it possible for them to do high amount of damage, just makes them riducoulsy overpowered....back to me and friend (as a comparison)

Health
he has over thousand more health than I do. one might say, well it's ice! but, do you know how many pips it takes to do 1000 damage??? it's takes 6 pips for an helephant + blade + boost (mine being at 46 for my school only). so that would make us even, or would it??
considering this, it takes me 3 turn to get 6 pips. considering ice's huge defense rate (especially against fire and storm). plus during this 3 turn, they will have shields (tower shields and fire/storm shield) so you can kiss that 1000 damage good bye. even if you have traps on, it wouldnt work.

Accuray
he has 19 points of accuracy. 19!!! I tell you, so he cannot possibly fizzle. mean, does that even make sense?? to make it impossible for someone who already have HUGE defense and health impossible to fizzle. That means that you will get attacked no matter what.
I have 13 points, and i had to sacrifice boost and defense to get that 13 points. And that does not mean that i dont fizzle. so while ice wizard can have great health and great defenses, and STILL have HUGE amount of health, we other school has to sacrifice boosts/defenses/better critical/etc to get high accuracy.

Boost/Defenses
it's already known that ice have the BEST defenses gears in the game. And they have huge health! i mean are you kidding me???? I have to choose between boost/defense or ( slightly better) health, while they can have great defenses, and still have HUGE health. THIS BY NO MEANS IS FAIR!!

Power Pips this is the only advatage i have over my friend. while i have an 82%, his is liike a 60%. but does that really make a difference. he already has huge health, so while you're wasting your time attacking his great defense and trying to get it lower, he builds up for an IMPOSSIBLE-to-fail attack. this brings me to my most important point.

Damage capability
huh, who says that ice doesnt do a lot of damage?? first off, they have the best blade out of all school out there. While most school's blade is 35%, theirs is a 45%, add to this traps, balance's three blades (the spell you learn), and other boost, then you have a deadly snow angel, or frost giant. while he was doing quest with me in science center, he most of the time did 1200 with snow angel....WITH THE FIRST HIT!!! now just a reminder, snow angel supposedly do 100 (first hit) plus 600 over three rounds. well he's able to change that 100 to 1200!! an di also saw him do over 2,000 damage with frost giant!!dont get me wrong! i have the best gears fr my level that gold in the game can offer, they cost me about 30,000gold to buy them all. so i "supposedly" have good stats, but i can hardly to this kinda of damage ( over2000) with fire dragon. I would need fire blad+the three blade (balance spell)+wylfire+traps. And i know it takes storm wizards a while before they can build up to do great amount of damage, so how is ice differ from storm or fire in term of power?? oh wait, i know...ice has a lot more heath.

i could really go on and on, but this post is starting to be really long.

In resume, I wanna that this is something that king isle NEEDS to fix, or i'm out of the game. and this isnt a personal conviction, i've met a lot of wizards who feel that ice is way overpowered. I dont feel like startin gan ice wizard. And I SHOULDNT have to. but this is too much!

I agree. Frostbite is ridiculous with a few traps and blades on it.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
So, I've been monitoring this thread. I'm curious... of the people complaining about ice being overpowered, are you just upset to see an ice spell do any serious damage? I'm not trying to offend or attack anyone, its just that the only arguments I see supporting the assertion are emotional ones. It seems that many are offended that an ice wizard can stack lots of buffs, use gargantuan, and eventually kick off a very damaging spell. Of my six wizards, my ice (without a doubt) took the longest to level. The reason for that? Battles with ice take FOREVER. Sure you can win most of them, but it takes round, after round, after round. The only wizard I find in a similar situation is my life and around Krokotopia toward the end of the krokosphinx, even he starts banging out most battles pretty quickly.

The common thread here? Everyone can deal high damage in a shorter period of time than ice can. In fact, the only real difference I can see is that ice wizards necessarily have to learn complicated blade/trap strategies throughout the game in order to do real damage when the others might have to cast one blade, possibly a trap, and then boom... dead enemy. While they require different play strategies, I don't see any of them as over powered. I'm very interested to hear if anyone has arguments other than "I saw an ice do lots of damage with snow angel after using 4 or 5 rounds to set up!" to support the assertion that ice is over powered.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Thanks for saying that, you made me make an ice wizard!And even if its overpowered,why not make a new ice char?

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
fearripper880 wrote:
o k the reason people dont wanna make a ice because they worked hard to be a legendary or a grandmaster just saying and i say there waaaaaaay overpowered 700 i think + 800 over three rounds to all foes + a taunt :x and i'm death so i do way weaker damage to 1 person i say its way not fair

The spell in question is Ice Angel, whch is 100 base damage with 600 DOT. That's 200 damage per round. And what does it matter about the other wizards made? If you want the perks of a Thaumaturge, make a Thaumaturge. Don't be lazy and just whine about it being 'unfair'.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Look, how is Ice overpowered when they have the lowest attacks in the game?

I have researched, and the facts that I've gathered state that it takes determination and the most tactic in the game to be an Ice Wizard. We have okay Accuracy, great Defenses, great Health, great Resistance, and pretty good buffing. Though the greatest downside to all of this is that Ice has the lowest attacks in the whole game. We have to work for our spells, we're not just like some Conjurer or Pyromancer getting awesome spells at like level 18 (HECKHOUND, which I'm pretty sure does the most damage, even a little more than judgement), or having extremely outrageous minions that distract the crud out of you!

No my friend, Ice is one of the hardest schools to master. Only the toughest and strongest minded can be an Ice wizard. To your extent, you aren't a true Thaumaturgist.

"Long Live Thaumaturgy!!"
- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
So, I've been monitoring this thread. I'm curious... of the people complaining about ice being overpowered, are you just upset to see an ice spell do any serious damage? I'm not trying to offend or attack anyone, its just that the only arguments I see supporting the assertion are emotional ones. It seems that many are offended that an ice wizard can stack lots of buffs, use gargantuan, and eventually kick off a very damaging spell. Of my six wizards, my ice (without a doubt) took the longest to level. The reason for that? Battles with ice take FOREVER. Sure you can win most of them, but it takes round, after round, after round. The only wizard I find in a similar situation is my life and around Krokotopia toward the end of the krokosphinx, even he starts banging out most battles pretty quickly.

The common thread here? Everyone can deal high damage in a shorter period of time than ice can. In fact, the only real difference I can see is that ice wizards necessarily have to learn complicated blade/trap strategies throughout the game in order to do real damage when the others might have to cast one blade, possibly a trap, and then boom... dead enemy. While they require different play strategies, I don't see any of them as over powered. I'm very interested to hear if anyone has arguments other than "I saw an ice do lots of damage with snow angel after using 4 or 5 rounds to set up!" to support the assertion that ice is over powered.
Ice is over powered at legendary because they have a big universal resist.Really high health i have seen there snow angel hundreds of times get around a easy 2000 damage with just 2 blades.This does not evan include the damage over time the 1000 is just the first hit.It does around 1000 in 3 turns.-.- its over powered.The ice school is a defend school so all that just makes it worse.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Ice is over powered at legendary because they have a big universal resist.Really high health i have seen there snow angel hundreds of times get around a easy 2000 damage with just 2 blades.This does not evan include the damage over time the 2000 is just the first hit.It does around 4000 in 3 turns.-.- its over powered.

I have seen lots of storms do well over 4000 on the first cast of a match
with the new wild bolt. I know a lot of storm wizards that with a pet have more than 100% accuracy and literally cannot fizzle. Does that make them over powered? The damage you have described would require a critical, and frankly... with only two blades (the best possible ones) I'm not sure how even with a critical it would do that much unless it was also against an enemy that ice boosts against. The only thing I can think of is a special pet for boosting damage and that's still likely not enough without boosting against the enemy. What are the odds of a critical for an ice? The thing is this... there are a lot of tricks which can make an ice wizard really tough. But, the same concepts can be applied to the weaknesses of any wizard. I haven't seen any math that demonstrates any class is over powered.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Ice is over powered at legendary because they have a big universal resist.Really high health i have seen there snow angel hundreds of times get around a easy 2000 damage with just 2 blades.This does not evan include the damage over time the 2000 is just the first hit.It does around 4000 in 3 turns.-.- its over powered.

The universal resist and super-high health is what makes Ice stand out from other schools.

And about the initial Ice Angel damage doing 2000, which is next to impossible without several turns of preperation, with my Fire Dragon, I can do twice that damage with "just two blades" and a Gargantuan. Is Fire overpowered?

A Diviner at the zenith of his/her possible power can do twice that damage with Storm Lord with just ONE blade. Is Storm overpowered?

A Necromancer could easily top that with Scarecrow, having a possibility of doubling your "2000" damage four times over. Is Death overpowered?

A Conjurer can use HUMONGOFRONG to easily double that 2000 damage with the right gear and "just two blades." Is Myth overpowered?

Forest Lord can TRIPLE that 2000 damage with no sweat with the best gear and a couple of blades. Is Life overpowered?

Even Sorcerers, whose cup of tea isn't primarily doing damage, can do THAT kind of damage with Ra and a little preperation. Is Balance overpowered?

Are you getting my point? ALL the schools are overpowered, meaning that in essence, none of them are.

And for that matter, why are you calling Ice overpowered just because of one card? That's really judging the book by its cover, isn't it?

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
You to need too quit mixing my words up i am saying ice is over powered because.They have all that resist and health plus what there snow angel does.Know most of the other schools dont have that resist and health but they have powerful spells do you see what i mean here?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, been away for awhile and of course, I come back and see posts like this.

First off, please do us all a favor, if you are going to give a post, that is long and try and back up your claims, do not exaggerate or give false information, because it only shows that you have no information to back up your claims, so you have to falsify your information to make your point.

Here I will post actual information for Legendary Characters!
All Characters will have Stellar Signet and Cosmic Kris both have the stats of 208 health and 16% PP chance! I am using the same rings and athames for all characters to keep Balance in stats:

Ice: Level 60 - 3637 Health - 72% Power Pip Chance
Gear Bonus for Level 58 Gear are:
Damage 28% - Resist All 37% - Accuracy 9% = 89%

Fire: Level 60 - 2749 Health - 72% Power Pip Chance
Damage 46% - Resists 36% Ice & Storm - Accuracy 19% = 94%

Storm: Level 60 - 2269 Health - 72 % Power Pip Chance
Damage 65% - Resists 36% Fire & Ice - Accuracy 26% = 96%

Life: Level 60 - 3223 Health - 98% Power Pip Chance
Damage 54% - Resists 36 Death & Myth - No Accuracy Increase = 90%

Death: Level 59 - 2959 Health - 98% Power Pip Chance
Damage 54% - Resists 36 Myth & 45 Life - No Accuracy Increase = 85%

Balance: Level 59 - 3192 Health - 98% Power Pip Chance
Damage 54% - Resists 14 Elemental 9 Spirit - No Accuracy Increase = 85%

I am not going to list myths stats at the moment, considering this should be sufficient. This is not exaggerated statistics, this is factual information!
This Data does not give any boosts from pets, only gear boosts and boosts from the cosmic kris and stellar signet.

Since all schools can use gargantuan, I can make this statement:
Ice 225 + 28% = 288 More Damage
Spirits of 54% Damage + 225 = 364.5 More Damage
Storm of 65% Damage + 225 = 371.25 More Damage
And this does not include base damage of spells which all schools have higher damage spells than ice!

Now, the one spell that stands out for ice is snow angel! Why you ask? Because it is only the second spell that does an AOE DOT! Meaning an Area of Effect and Damage over Time, meaning again, it hits all enemies and does damage for multiple rounds.

Why does this spell differ from Fire Dragon? Simple! Fire Dragon does half it's damage off the bat, then divides the rest of the damage over 3 rounds! Meaning, if you cast a shield, the brunt of the force will be taken off by a shield. While Snow angel does 100 & 200 for the next 3 rounds making a total of 600 more damage for a grand total of 700! Now, what good is the shield going to do now, when it is not taking half the damage off a spell?

Now, one could almost say the same about Heck Hound and Storm hound, Heck hound does an astounding 130 points of damage per pip while storm hound does 120. Heck hound can use a gargantuan to increase that damage even higher, plus increase the bonuses that storm and fire get compared to ice! The Difference here though, is these spells only hit one target, like skeletal dragon. All these have great effects against single players. However, Ice is the first to get a good DOT AOE spell. Fire Dragon would have been better if it distributed the damage the same as Snow Angel and then everyone would have complained how Overpowered Fire is, but This is the way snow angel was made.

Does this mean that everyone is right, Ice is overpowered? In a PvP situation of 4v4 then I must admit, yes Ice would be overpowered! In a 3v3, yes they still have a slight advantage, however in any other instance, by no means is Ice OverPowered in anyway and there is not evidence to prove otherwise! Even in a 4v4 or 3v3 match, with a many players can attack, it is the team usually in first position that has the major advantage, if the players are skilled that is!

This being said, I hope that the 5 people that have posted that think Ice is INDEED Overpowered and the 1 person that half agrees, thinks about the full equation and does not exaggerate anymore to try and change the game, the game is great and well balanced as it is.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
First off all, you people saying, "if you cant beat them, join them", are wrong, Why should I make a new character and forget the one I have worked hard to get leveled up just because of Ice wizards being over powered. And for the people saying, "Just quit pvp", are also wrong, why should someone either have quit pvp or endure the unfairness because of Ice. Last, KI shouldnt downgrade ice, whats done is done. But they have to severely boost every other school in the next level cap, really, with that snow angel a really good ice is capable of taking on to storms. The ice would have to be really good and always have the right spells in hand but it wouldnt be impossible.

Seth Shadowmancer
Legendary Diviner

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Okay, been away for awhile and of course, I come back and see posts like this.

First off, please do us all a favor, if you are going to give a post, that is long and try and back up your claims, do not exaggerate or give false information, because it only shows that you have no information to back up your claims, so you have to falsify your information to make your point.

All Characters will have Stellar Signet and Cosmic Kris both have the stats of 208 health and 16% PP chance! I am using the same rings and athames for all characters to keep Balance in stats:

I am not going to list myths stats at the moment, considering this should be sufficient. This is not exaggerated statistics, this is factual information!
This Data does not give any boosts from pets, only gear boosts and boosts from the cosmic kris and stellar signet.

And this does not include base damage of spells which all schools have higher damage spells than ice!

Now, the one spell that stands out for ice is snow angel! Why you ask? Because it is only the second spell that does an AOE DOT! Meaning an Area of Effect and Damage over Time, meaning again, it hits all enemies and does damage for multiple rounds.

Why does this spell differ from Fire Dragon? Simple! Fire Dragon does half it's damage off the bat, then divides the rest of the damage over 3 rounds! Meaning, if you cast a shield, the brunt of the force will be taken off by a shield. While Snow angel does 100 & 200 for the next 3 rounds making a total of 600 more damage for a grand total of 700! Now, what good is the shield going to do now, when it is not taking half the damage off a spell?

Now, one could almost say the same about Heck Hound and Storm hound, Heck hound does an astounding 130 points of damage per pip while storm hound does 120. Heck hound can use a gargantuan to increase that damage even higher, plus increase the bonuses that storm and fire get compared to ice! The Difference here though, is these spells only hit one target, like skeletal dragon. All these have great effects against single players. However, Ice is the first to get a good DOT AOE spell. Fire Dragon would have been better if it distributed the damage the same as Snow Angel and then everyone would have complained how Overpowered Fire is, but This is the way snow angel was made.

Does this mean that everyone is right, Ice is overpowered? In a PvP situation of 4v4 then I must admit, yes Ice would be overpowered! In a 3v3, yes they still have a slight advantage, however in any other instance, by no means is Ice OverPowered in anyway and there is not evidence to prove otherwise! Even in a 4v4 or 3v3 match, with a many players can attack, it is the team usually in first position that has the major advantage, if the players are skilled that is!

This being said, I hope that the 5 people that have posted that think Ice is INDEED Overpowered and the 1 person that half agrees, thinks about the full equation and does not exaggerate anymore to try and change the game, the game is great and well balanced as it is.

you said that people give false information, yet you just posted a false. I dont know if it's because you dont have a fire wiz character, but you should know that heckhound you CANNOT put a gargantuan on heck hound. it doesnt work! ACTUALLY, you cannot put a gargantuan on any spell that does a certain aamount of damage per pips.

what you dont understand about my complain is that, I DO NOT have any problem with ice's huge health and defenses. HOWEVER, because they already have such great health and defenses, allowing them to do great amount of damage with any change the balance of the game. if you are a storm, fire wizard or whatever fighting against ice. you have to deal with their constantly-putting-tower shields, before you attack, or you'll waste your pips. but that is not a problem, because we all know that ice is supposed to have great defenses and health. BUT, while you wasting you pips, they are already preparing for deadly, unguable snow angel. so as long as ice will be allowed to do such great amount of damage, they will have the advatange in any pvp situation. Yesterday, one of them lived through TWO consecutive efreet. the first one was bladed (and he had a tower shields), the second one was an open shot for me. NO that did not kill him, he bladed and healed so much that the game got soo boring and i just left. who else in the game can survive that?? and while still being able to do a good amount of damage.

about your last paragraph, dude, people are going to disagree with you throughout life. so you better get used to it! not everyone on this blog is "darthjt". so I dnt like the fact that you singled out the person who agreed with the post, because they dont have the same opinion with you.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
@ gtarhannon, it's really less complicated than you think. We're not doing probabilities here, and I'm not making assumptions. I am talking about what i've seen frequently in the game. And that is, any decent ice wizard can make snow angel do well over 1000 with the initial hit, without needing critical or bubble,

It is not clear to me from reading your example what you are saying. It seemed to me that you implied that with 2 blades an ice wizard can make snow angel hit for 2000 or more initially and that isn't true. It is true that it doesn't take a lot of set up to get the initial hit up to 1000 if the ice wizard has trained gargantuan, etc... What I don't understand is, are you talking about PvP or PvE arguments?

If its PvE, then the resist is there so an ice wizard can live long enough to make the weakest spells in the game do enough damage to finish off the enemies and in the case of snow angel, continue to live as it does the rest of its damage over time. Other schools can do far more damage more quickly and don't need as much health to finish the battle. I don't say this as an ice wizard. I have a high level from every school except death (ran out of seats and I'm too cheap to get another account). I solo almost everything with all of them. There is a massive amount of ice enemies in Celestia, all with healthy or obscene ice resist, they spam tower shields, and the constantly hit you ice versions of storm spells boosted by ice blades and traps. I fail to see how PvE Celestia is "unbalanced".

If you are talking about PvP, there are tons of of shielding and weakness options, gardening for cleanse charm spells, not to mention melt. A quick example... It is easy to get storm damage boost to 69% without pushing yourself all that hard. You can also get a critical rating of 150. Feint, jewel of the feint, and then gargantuan leviathan will do around 6435 damage without critical, and around 12871 with. If they have a -70% storm shield, it still does 3861 damage on critical, and what's to stop them throwing on a storm prism to nullify the shields?

Now, I know that there are some ice wizards who have hatched pets till they get all those special talents to boost their global resist. On the one hand, I'm like hey... if you have that much patience, you deserve to win. On the other, I argued a long time ago that KI should introduces aggregate caps on key attributes such as global resist and accuracy to prevent exactly this kind of thing. But you are citing the clear exception, not the rule (with your two consecutive efreets example). And more specifically, this is a PvP argument. Nothing about it goes to the argument of the game being out of balance.

Here's the thing. I am not hearing any clear mathematical arguments to demonstrate and support the assertion that ice is "overpowered". To me, the arguments all seem emotional and hey, if that's how you feel about it, that's fine. Its your opinion. When Celestia first came out on test realm and I saw the crazy storm accuracy boosts, I felt that it was overpowered for a while too. But after I sat down and really analyzed everything, I didn't feel that way anymore. Celestia has brought far more gear options and strategies than any previous world in the spiral. Things are not clear cut anymore and lots of things can work. If you want help or advice with your wizard, then by all means ask, this community usually steps up.

I'll just leave this post with that I disagree with your assertion, but if you would like help or advice, just ask. I'm sure I or others (perhaps all of the above?) will help.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
@icewing43, they used to have the lowest attack in the game, but they dont anymore. if you have any warlord friend who are ice, ask them how deadly snow angel can getand they'll show you or tell you. okay accuracy? hahha are you kidding me, or was that a bad joke? Ice have 85% of natural accurary, I bet that any hat/robe/ or anything else can give you guys an additional of 10%. My friend has 19% percent more. so he literally cannot fizz.

Quick note. Natural ice accuracy is 80%. You're friend still has a chance of fizz (though small) and he almost certainly did it through a pet. You can get +16% ice accuracy with crafted level 55 gear, but then you lose ALL of your resist (which is what you're upset about in the first place). The boost from level 58 ice gear is only 9%. That makes me think your friend hatched a pet to get a couple different accuracy boosts combined for +10%.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
I dont know if it's because you dont have a fire wiz character, but you should know that heckhound you CANNOT put a gargantuan on heck hound. it doesnt work! ACTUALLY, you cannot put a gargantuan on any spell that does a certain aamount of damage per pips.

Yes you can. darthjt is 100% accurate on that. You can add gargantuan to any trained damage spell. For multi-hits or DoTs, it splits the boost up and adds a portion to each side of the damage equation. For X level spells, it just tacks its amount on at the end. For instance, Judgement is 100 per pip + 225 (or 250 for the treasure card version). I add damage boosts (such as gargantuan) to my trained heckhound all the time. What I can't do is to add it to a treasure card version.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
well it's nice to see that the discussion is going well
@superwiz1560, I wrote this in my first post. And, even though you might not have seen it, i thought that you would have intelligently guessed it. Anyway, I am a legendary now. This is the first time I reached the max level of xp allowed. the first time, when it was at just 50, i didnt have time to reach it. And when celestia came out, I was still about level 45 (or something like that).

and it's obvious that my arguments have changed from pve to pvp. why? well what do legendary wizards do? (mostly) they play pvp. so I started playing pvp of course. I still have a lot of quests left though (i havent even got a chance to the do the spheres or fought morganthe, and im not interested :P). so yeah i started playing, and that's why my arguments have changed, so dontmake a big deal out of it bro. it's not contradiction, but a change of situation.

you said this,
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. I can see what YOU do when your not happy with something, but when I'M not happy with something, I don't go to the Ravenwood Commons Forum and rant about it. I go to the Dorms Forum and present my problem, then suggest a solution to fix it. That's half the point of the Dorms Forum.
again, everyone has different different ways of dealing with stuff. so I respect your way, and im sure that you respect mine. so we're good here

lastly, it may not seems like it bro, but i respect your points of you, and your argumentative skills. i really do! and i truly believe that you wanna help people. but the same method might not be good for everyone. Like suggesting me to start an ice wizard is pretty insulting to me, as it to shows to me that, by saying that you unconsciously agree with my point. but anyway...

@gtarhannon,
about your first paragraph, I did not imply that ice wizards can make snow angel do over 1000 damage with in initial hit, with just two blades. when I'm fighting ice wizards they usually put on three different kinda ice blade that gives them a total of +115% or 120% in damage 45%+35%+30%
this number might be slightly off depending on the actual blades' rate (which im not sure) plz dont kill me for this

again i made a mistake about the accuracy, so sorry. but you get my point, a wizard not being able to fizzle, sustain huge attack and still do great damage is very dangerous.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Now, I am about to show another way to view characters at Legendary:

These are stats with crafted gear, and level 58 Boots, also wearing a stellar signet and cosmic kris to keep all schools in balance:
So, with Crafted gear, your Critical Block will go up to 40 instead of 30!

Ice: Lvl 60 - 3681 Health - 72% PP chance
33 Damage - 9 Resist All - 14 Accuracy - 110 Critical Hit Points

Fire: Lvl 60 - 2767 Health - 72% PP chance
47 Damage - 9 Ice & Storm Resist - 19 Accuracy - 140 Critical Hit Points

Storm: Lvl 60 - 2283 Health - 72% PP chance
63 Damage - 9 Ice & Fire Resist - 24 Accuracy - 150 Critical Hit Points

Life: Lvl 60 - 3245 Health - 84% PP chance
53 Damage - 9 Myth & Death Resist - 10 Accuracy - 120 Critical Hit Points

I will use just these as base players, considering Death and Balance will be like Life on stats, maybe a bit more critical rating though, 130 I think, but without checking, DO NOT Quote me!

Now, considering this IS Wizard 101 and there are variations to everything, one can opt for accuracy, and critical hits and lose resistance, or you can keep resistance and go to 60 critical hit points and 30 critical block points.

So, if you are ice, who has the short end of the stick now? Now Ice is severly UnderPowered compared to the other schools!

If Ice does keep it's universal resist, it loses accuracy, damage, 50 critical hit points and 10 critical block points.

Or Ice can keep the Crafted Hat, and change the stats to:
Health 3584, 72% PP chance, 30 Damage, 26 Resist all, 11 Accuracy,
93 Critical Hit points, and 30 Critical Block Points

All of this is factual information, no exaggerations. Now all you have to do is the math! All schools have the ability to pick and chose what they want to wear. A critical hit Doubles the TOTAL amount of Damage a spell will do, after all blades, traps, and everything else is taken into consideration. Who has the highest chance at critical? who has the lowest? who does the most damage? who does the least? who has the most accuracy? who has the least? who has the most powerful spells? who has the weakest?

That is the greatest part of this game, you can trade, health for power, accuracy for power, power for health, etc!

It all goes in accordance with which school you have decided to play!

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Doudjy, I like your point of view. I do agree that Ice can do a lot of power and practically resist every damage making it really weak. But take a look at this way. Ice does very few damage, so it makes sense that it has the higher boosters in blades and traps. It would be really unfair if spells from storm had big boosts from blades and traps. The spells would be really powerful! Secondly, we have spells like Sun school that is meant to make spells like Ice more powerful. And plus, the way I see it, Ice is in balance with everything else. It can't do a lot of straight forward damage only and the damage boost is not too great. It only gets a max of 30% Damage in its level 58 gear. Plus, even schools like Storm and Fire can get their accuracy to 100%. It is if their pet or blade adds it on to the gear boost. So yea, ice has a lot of defense and health, so what?! I have beaten most ice with my balance. And plus, you said this is not a PVP complaint. But I personally think you are complaining about this. I mean you should not be jealous or anything if you guys our not fighting each other but helping eachother with quests.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
doudjy wrote:
darthjt wrote:

First off, if you are going to give a post, please do not exaggerate or give false information, because it have no information to back up your claims!

Damage 28% - Resist All 37% - Accuracy 9% = 89% Accuracy

Damage 46% - Resists 36% Ice & Storm - Accuracy 19% = 94% Accuracy

Damage 65% - Resists 36% Fire & Ice - Accuracy 26% = 96% Accuracy

This is not exaggerated statistics, this is factual information!
This Data does not give any boosts from pets

you said that people give false information, yet you just posted a false. I dont know if it's because you dont have a fire wiz character, but you should know that heckhound you CANNOT put a gargantuan on heck hound. it doesnt work! ACTUALLY, you cannot put a gargantuan on any spell that does a certain aamount of damage per pips.

Actually you can put a gargantuan on a heck hound, as long as the heck hound is not a treasure card! So, no false information has been provided. Thank you!

what you dont understand about my complain is that, I DO NOT have any problem with ice's huge health and defenses. HOWEVER, because they already have such great health and defenses, allowing them to do great amount of damage with any change the balance of the game. if you are a storm, fire wizard or whatever fighting against ice. you have to deal with their constantly-putting-tower shields, before you attack, or you'll waste your pips.

Every Character has the ability to train tower shields and buy treasure tower shields, so shielding is not an issue, when everyone can shield! However, I just posted on this thread about criticals and how every school can pick and choose on boosts they want to increase or decreased based on each persons preferences!

but that is not a problem, because we all know that ice is supposed to have great defenses and health. BUT, while you wasting you pips, they are already preparing for deadly, unguable snow angel. so as long as ice will be allowed to do such great amount of damage, they will have the advatange in any pvp situation. Yesterday, one of them lived through TWO consecutive efreet. the first one was bladed (and he had a tower shields), the second one was an open shot for me. NO that did not kill him, he bladed and healed so much that the game got soo boring and i just left. who else in the game can survive that?? and while still being able to do a good amount of damage.

If you read my posts, you will clearly see, that ice does the least amount of damage. Any and every school can use boosts! Any and every school can shield! There will be more spells to come in the future, so while as Snow angel is an AOE DOT spell that is set up correctly, it will not be the last and best spell in the game!

about your last paragraph, dude, people are going to disagree with you throughout life. so you better get used to it! not everyone on this blog is "darthjt". so I dnt like the fact that you singled out the person who agreed with the post, because they dont have the same opinion with you.

Yes, everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. I have my opinion and I am stating it like everyone else, I just wont exaggerate to make points!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:
Doudjy, I like your point of view. I do agree that Ice can do a lot of power and practically resist every damage making it really weak. But take a look at this way. Ice does very few damage, so it makes sense that it has the higher boosters in blades and traps. It would be really unfair if spells from storm had big boosts from blades and traps. The spells would be really powerful! Secondly, we have spells like Sun school that is meant to make spells like Ice more powerful. And plus, the way I see it, Ice is in balance with everything else. It can't do a lot of straight forward damage only and the damage boost is not too great. It only gets a max of 30% Damage in its level 58 gear. Plus, even schools like Storm and Fire can get their accuracy to 100%. It is if their pet or blade adds it on to the gear boost. So yea, ice has a lot of defense and health, so what?! I have beaten most ice with my balance. And plus, you said this is not a PVP complaint. But I personally think you are complaining about this. I mean you should not be jealous or anything if you guys our not fighting each other but helping eachother with quests.

did you not read my last post?? huh why do I have to keep repeating myself. Plz read my last post and you'll that I that said, since I am a legendary now and bored as heck, I play pvp. and I am a corporal ( i got to sergeant, but I lost it). so anyway, I respect your point of view, but let's clarify some stuff.

if the intention of KI is to really balance ice's attack compared to storm's and fire's, then the game is really unbalanced. Why. because since ice already has great defenses and huge health, Trying to make them do nearly as much damage as fire and storm gives them the advantage. so they CANNOT have the best blades if they already have huge health to resist all and huge attacks. I find storm to be the esiest school to beat in the arena along with life. why? well they have great attack, but really, REALLY low health. I've seen legendary storm with barely 2000 health. I can do around 1750 damage with efreet and just one blade. so I have elemental blade in addition, there is no way that storm can survive one of my strike.

the point im trying to make is that, storm's boost is great for a reason. and that reson is that they have to sacrifice health for it. making them at risk of being defeated with one single attack, like efreet, medusa etc...
so if ice already has great defenses nad health, why is KI trying to make them so great damage? oh and about fire's capability of having 100% of accuracy. I have a lot of legendary fire friends, and I have never seen of them with that kinda of accuracy. I have only seen one storm wizard with +100% and his health was about 1650 (legendary). and even so i thought that was a bug. But anyway, it might be possible, but extremely rare.

so here the basic logic behind my post:

schools are balanced when:
Ice: still have huge health and defenses, but very, VERY slow damage
Storm: huge attack and boost, but really, REALLY low health
the other schools are in between, but you get the idea.

so this balanced stop existing if:
Ice: huhge health and defenses, and good damage (which is the case now)
Storm: huge attack and boost, and pretty good health

so it's really that simple. since ice, with the snow angel now, is able to do great amount of damage, yes! i said great! and still maintain their huge health and defenses, then the balance does not exist anymore.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I will post actual information for Legendary Characters!

Now, I am about to show another way to view characters at Legendary:

These are stats with crafted gear, and level 58 Boots, also wearing a stellar signet and cosmic kris to keep all schools in balance:
So, with Crafted gear, your Critical Block will go up to 40 instead of 30!

Ice: Lvl 60 - 3681 Health - 72% PP chance
33 Damage - 9 Resist All - 14 Accuracy giving 94% total accuracy
110 Critical Hit Points & 40 critical block points

Fire: Lvl 60 - 2767 Health - 72% PP chance
47 Damage - 9 Ice & Storm Resist - 19 Accuracy giving 94% accuracy
140 Critical Hit Points & 40 critical block points

Storm: Lvl 60 - 2283 Health - 72% PP chance
63 Damage - 9 Ice & Fire Resist - 24 Accuracy giving 94% accuracy
150 Critical Hit Points & 40 critical block points

Life: Lvl 60 - 3245 Health - 84% PP chance
53 Damage - 9 Myth & Death Resist - 10 Accuracy giving 100% accuracy
120 Critical Hit Points & 40 critical block points

Death and Balance will also get 10% accuracy boosts taking them to 95% accuracy and 130 Critical Hit Points & 40 critical block points!
I think, but without checking, DO NOT Quote me!

Now, considering this IS Wizard 101 and there are variations to everything, one can opt for accuracy, and critical hits and lose resistance, or you can keep resistance and go to 60 critical hit points and 30 critical block points. Or you can opt and lose all critical hit and block and have same school insane same school resistance.

Everyone has the option and ability to create a character any way you want them to be, same as when you first started a wizard out, it told you who had the strongest spells, weakest spells, most health, least health, most accuracy, and least accuracy! We chose what we wanted!

Now, before Celestia was released, Wizards had same school resists, except for Ice, who has always had the universal resists. Now, other schools get resists to 2 schools, while Ice remains the same, giving other schools more of a benefit than ice! Then people talk about Gargantuan, when every school can use it and since every school has stronger spells and more damage boosts from gear, gargantuan is stronger for other schools than it is for ice, another boost to all schools!

Why does this spell differ from Fire Dragon? Simple! Fire Dragon does half it's damage off the bat, then divides the rest of the damage over 3 rounds! Meaning, if you cast a shield, the brunt of the force will be taken off by a shield. While Snow angel does 100 & 200 for the next 3 rounds making a total of 600 more damage for a grand total of 700!

Is this going to be the last spell every school gets? Is this going to be the best spell in the game ever? Would Fire characters still complaine if Fire Dragon was setup the same?

So, with all this information, the difference are, as I have stated before:
Pre-Celestia: All wizards had Same School Resistances, except for Ice whom has always had universal resist.

When Celestia was released, all schools gained a resist to 2 schools, while ice has remained the same.
Gargantuan has been released and all schools can now add on 225 damage to their spells. The more base damage your spells do and the higher damage boosts your gives you, the more damage will be increased, leaving ice again in last place! (Yes, some of Death & Balances spells are left in the cold for now with regards to gargantuan, but this may be fixed in the future!)

How many places have I shown how Ice does not get more than other schools! Ice can and is beaten in PvP, quite easily. I have stated this once and I will state it again, the main reason for complaints, is because Ice has gear better than Arena Gear, however, that is a PvP issue, not one that states Ice is Indeed OverPowered. Now, people say that you don't have to earn Ice gear, but pardon me, you have to reach level 58 with an ice character, a much harder task for ice than it is for any other school!

Finally, some say, you can't get schools to 100% accuracy!
Storm 96% accuracy with level 58 Gear as shown above + 6% pet= 102%
Fire 94% accuracy with level 58 gear + 6% pet = 100%
Ice 89% accuracy with level 58 gear + 6% pet = 95%
Myth 99% accuracy with level 58 gear +6% pet = 105%

Death, Life, and Balance can trade 58 gear for crafted hat with minimal resistance loss and adding 5% accuracy and a good amount of critical hit points:
Life 95% accuracy with crafted hat +6% pet = 101%
Death 90% accuracy with crafted hat +6% pet = 96%
Balance 90% accuracy with crafted hat +6% pet = 96%

Now, giving Ice 58 gear accuracy is at 89% + 6% = 95%
or with all crafted gear, losing most resist all 94% + 6% = 100%

Once again, showing how Ice is at the bottom of the stack!

I respect everyones opinion and points of view, I am just looking for a reason that people really think ice is so overpowered!

Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
I want to know why you think Ice is so overpowered. I have seen my fair share of wizards in all seven schools, and most of their spells were pretty darn powerful compared to my Ice spells. I mean, the Fire level three spell is nearly as powerful as the level four Ice spell! How lame is that?!?! Even a Life wizard is better to have on your side than an Ice wizard, because, while a Theurgist has some pretty lame attack spells, he or she can heal himself or herself. Thaumaturges just have lame attack spells. That's probably why we have the powerful traps and blades. I have this Pyromancer friend, and he leveled up way faster than my Thaumaturge, because he was able to just crush the Boss monsters beneath his almighty firey fist. Me, I have to fight them a kersplillion times, just to figure out how to give myself a chance at defeating them. If any school IS overpowered, it's Fire.

- Amber StarFlame, level 22 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
I don't know how to answer but..... I kinda agree like 20% (or higher). Ice is not much problem to me.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:

Normally, I'd retort to your ignorant rant and unneccessary insults, but I don't feel like hurting someone's feelings right now.

You went ahead and did exactly what you said you wouldn't. You've done the same in other threads. Also, "hurting (somebody's feelings)" because you "feel like it" is probably going to violate the Code of Conduct.

In any case, this is obviously a PvP issue, regardless of what's said, since I haven't heard anybody complain if an Ice Wizard was tanking for them in PvE at (for example) Celestia. I request that the moderators move this thread to PvP, where it belongs.