Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Access

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
OK, it's official. I am fed up with noobs. They've done it again. Noobs are always:
A) Porting into our higher rank battles, adding a monster, then fleeing
B) Begging and begging for cards/crowns/gifts
C) They can't except the fact that they just can't do some things

Today, I was working on Sylvia Drake's Tomb in DS. I was waiting for my grandmaster friend to port so we could enter together, and an old friend of mine (who was level 17 by the way) ported to me. We started talking and it was fine.

Then the conversation turned. It went something like this:
Him: Where'd you get this quest?
Me: I got it here in DS.
Him: Show me where.
Me: Well, I guess I could show you, but you can't do the quest.
Him: Ya I can, I'm a member.
Me: Well that may be true, but you don't have access to this world. You're still in KT.
Him: Show me where.

He asked me to show him many times and I continued to say "You can't do it--you don't have access." He argued with me for about 10 minutes before I got fed up. I let him have it.
Me: Ok, I'm sick of arguing. Why can't you just accept your a new person? Level up and come back when you earn it.
Him: I can do it, I know I can. Show me where.
Me: Grrrr :(

Again, this continued. So I deleted him and my grandmaster friend came, and we went in. He and I talked, and he agreed that noobs shouldn't be allowed in higher worlds. (I continued to get friend requests and group requests from the other guy)

So, and I think this was mentioned before, I think we should lock the worlds from newbies. They should have to ask before they port. If that doesn't solve these problems, I don't know that anything else will. Anyone agreee?

*Thanks to all those who answered!*

Edit: This happens even more now that I am level 51 in Celestia.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
I agree with you.
Everytime my noob friend (level 12) teleport to me when i am in Celestia, and he say:
Please! I need xp to level up! Can you take me into a dungeon?

aww, if he want level up fast, he need to do WC or KT quests to unlock high level worlds.
Would be perfect if had some block access to each world for low levels.

I hope Kingsisle like your idea! :D

Cole DragonBlood - Legendary Theurgist - Level 60

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
I don't like that people call them "noobs" just cause they're low level. We all started out the same way they did.

But I do agree with you about them porting into battle and you have another monster to deal with after they chicken out and flee. And yes they should have to ask before porting. Its the polite thing to do.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ok so i just have a quick question... what do you consider a "noob"? Well quite frankly i agree with the part about having to lock higher worlds and i have an addition to it... you have a button on the player card that say (not telleport but) ask to telleport (yes no?) :)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
poleart wrote:
ok so i just have a quick question... what do you consider a "noob"? Well quite frankly i agree with the part about having to lock higher worlds and i have an addition to it... you have a button on the player card that say (not telleport but) ask to telleport (yes no?) :)

Yah just what exactly is a "noob?"