Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

obsidian chest?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
i have seen these obsidian chests what do they do how do we open them? what are they for? please if any one no's please tell me

Survivor
Jan 22, 2009
I believe they are part of a large quest like finding the smiths or the history books.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
They are for a quest in Dragonspyre. I am a level 49 wizard and am on the quest to get them now.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Ok, they are from a quest given by ashley the fire tree in dragonspyre and once you obtain them all you get the dragon rider staff, 100 damage fire staff! :) hope i was helping any

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
I suppose there is a quest later on, because i am seeing them in Wizard city, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Etc. and it is so weird, what are they for and why are they there, any one, pleez help!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
goldfish8 wrote:
I suppose there is a quest later on, because i am seeing them in Wizard city, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Etc. and it is so weird, what are they for and why are they there, any one, pleez help!

As others have stated on this thread... They are for a quest in Dragonspyre. You will not need them until you complete Wizard City, Kroktopia, Marleybone, Mooshu and half of Dragonspyre. If you are just in Wizard City now, you have a LONG way to go before you get to the point you need these chests...

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
ashbaer wrote:
goldfish8 wrote:

As others have stated on this thread... They are for a quest in Dragonspyre. You will not need them until you complete Wizard City, Kroktopia, Marleybone, Mooshu and half of Dragonspyre. If you are just in Wizard City now, you have a LONG way to go before you get to the point you need these chests...

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

AWESOME! Thank you! I have been wondering!

Kestrel ShadowBane
Level 32 - Fire/Life

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
;) Yes, I was in Wizard City and I believe I know some places where the chests are. Well, I was defeating lord nightshade and I did see a chest. And if you go to NightSide you can go inside the empty Death classroom and there is one. And, I know one more place where you can find a chest. :-) Go to Marley Bone and go to Chelsea Court. There is a place which is quite far away and you might get a Quest on it where you have to defeat Shakes' O leary. You could just sneak buy the sides without getting caught in battle. Just like Unicorn Way, Remember Professer Gray Rose? Remember when she said: " Oh no! You have enterd an Area with monsters in it! If you wnt to safley travers this dangerous Area stick to the sidewalks dear, they are safe!" There you, will find the Obsidian Chest. I am, still looking for more, for those Wizards that have that Quest. I am, right now Level 28. I, also know if your Fire and lvl 48, you will get a flamezilla pet on a Quest, and if your ice you will get a Collossus. Or if your, Storm you get a storm zilla, or Life you get a satyr pet. Or, if your Death you get a rather Lord NightShade looking pet. Myth people get a minotaur. Or if I'm not sure Myth could get orthous. View my fourms and blogs ig you would like to learn more or just leave a reply. Cheers! ;)

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
sonicxdudemaker wrote:
Yes, I was in Wizard City and I believe I know some places where the chests are. Well, I was defeating lord nightshade and I did see a chest. And if you go to NightSide you can go inside the empty Death classroom and there is one. And, I know one more place where you can find a chest. :) Go to Marley Bone and go to Chelsea Court. There is a place which is quite far away and you might get a Quest on it where you have to defeat Shakes' O leary. You could just sneak buy the sides without getting caught in battle. Just like Unicorn Way, Remember Professer Gray Rose? Remember when she said: " Oh no! You have enterd an Area with monsters in it! If you wnt to safley travers this dangerous Area stick to the sidewalks dear, they are safe!" There you, will find the Obsidian Chest. I am, still looking for more, for those Wizards that have that Quest. I am, right now Level 28. I, also know if your Fire and lvl 48, you will get a flamezilla pet on a Quest, and if your ice you will get a Collossus. Or if your, Storm you get a storm zilla, or Life you get a satyr pet. Or, if your Death you get a rather Lord NightShade looking pet. Myth people get a minotaur. Or if I'm not sure Myth could get orthous. View my fourms and blogs ig you would like to learn more or just leave a reply. Cheers!
Wrong. If your fire you get a helephant. You have to BUY flamezilla